Why aren´t this videos in other languages or subtitles?

Dear Evocationists,

the lesson classes videos about mastering evocation look great, but I cannot understand American English, my mother language is Spanish, so I am disappointing.

I Think that it would be great in another languages or subtitles at least, and it would be great to the business!, please translate or subtitle it pleassee!

Oscar

not to be an ass, but english is not hard to learn…

but yes, subtitles whould be great for those refusing to properly learn a universal language.

[quote=“queasy, post:2, topic:1688”]not to be an ass, but english is not hard to learn…

but yes, subtitles whould be great for those refusing to properly learn a universal language.[/quote]

Basic English is not hard to learn, but if you want understand completely american English spoken in this videos ,the time stimated would be about two or three years! or more!. spoken English is very different to written English to a non native. you can find foreigners that write and speak English but when they try to comunicate with a american it is a hell to understand :wink:

Try to learn other language, for example German o Spanish, and tell me how many time it take to completely understand a german film or documental!.

simplely, there are deafs or no speaking English individuals that could be interested in those courses. We live in a world with the enought advanced technology to COMUNICATION, complete comunication.
Many Spanish or latin american individuals , no speaker English are interested in E A Koetting, then it is the desicion of E A koetting do or do no accessible this courses in other languages to these individuals.

Sincerely,
Oscar

2 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t say English is too easy to learn. I’m a native English speaker, so maybe it is a lot easier than thoughts, but I have studied Latin before. From what I have been able to gather, English is almost exactly like Latin in terms of it’s syntactical and grammatical structure. It also is among the more wordy languages, whereas other languages are more word-simplistic, where one word takes care of a lot (i.e. “will be moved” is one word in most other Latin-derived languages). And isn’t French still the most widely spoken language in the world?

I am not completely sure if French is the most spoken language in the world, I think it is not, the most spoken language in the world is chinese “mandarin”, but Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, if the imperium Spanish wouldn´t been defated and they wouldn´t lost its Spanish colony in America you would be probably speaking Spanish ;-). No offense please, only a reality!

I haven´t seen in grimories a demon specialiced in traduction, if someone know please tell me!

Sincerely,

Oscar

English is one of the hardest languages to learn due to the inconsistency of our vowel sounds and the prevalence of homophones and idioms.

1 Like

He brings up a valid point. As this movement grows it will be a recurring problem. Efforts should be made to accommodate everyone.

[quote=“queasy, post:2, topic:1688”]not to be an ass, but english is not hard to learn…

but yes, subtitles whould be great for those refusing to properly learn a universal language.[/quote]
I don’t think that there’s someone who is refusing to learn English properly but you should understand that not all people have the privilege to learn a foreign language proficiently.

Obethencourt,
I think that it will help you a lot if you familiarize yourself with E.A.'s works and the terminology he uses. It is easier to start with his books because you can look up the words you don’t know in a dictionary. Talking to other people in English (for example on the forum here) will also help you improve.

[quote=“Nereid, post:8, topic:1688”][quote=“queasy, post:2, topic:1688”]not to be an ass, but english is not hard to learn…

I don’t think that there’s someone who is refusing to learn English properly but you should understand that not all people have the privilege to learn a foreign language proficiently.

Obethencourt,
I think that it will help you a lot if you familiarize yourself with E.A.'s works and the terminology he uses. It is easier to start with his books because you can look up the words you don’t know in a dictionary. Talking to other people in English (for example on the forum here) will also help you improve.[/quote]

Dear Nereid,

I have the most of the E A Koetting´s books, but I will repeat it again, I understand written English, I understand every page of his books and every e mail written in this forum, between the books and the course "mastering evocation"I have wasted a lot of money, of course it is my problem!, I hope that my written English is understable by the way, and I think that I write best in English that many American individuals writting Spanish or other non native language. Information described as in the videos are not in the books, when I hear his videos I know what he is speaking about, but I don´t understand every detail in the instructions :-(.

If there is really an interest to translated the videos in Spanish and if you, E A Koetting ,don´t know to someone speaking Spanish, if it please you, please send me a transcription in Written English of Mastering Evocation and I will write it for you for free (no money) in Spanish, this I can do.

Other option would be to subtitle these videos in English, this subtitles would help many individuals non native Americans or deafs. Here in Spain, for example, schools teach a lot of English gramatic; they know how write in English,but they rarely (teachers) demand speak good in English.

Thanks for all of you trying appoint me!

Oscar

[quote=“Obethencourt, post:9, topic:1688”]Dear Nereid,

I have the most of the E A Koetting´s books, but I will repeat it again, I understand written English, I understand every page of his books and every e mail written in this forum, between the books and the course "mastering evocation"I have wasted a lot of money, of course it is my problem!, I hope that my written English is understable by the way, and I think that I write best in English that many American individuals writting Spanish or other non native language. Information described as in the videos are not in the books, when I hear his videos I know what he is speaking about, but I don´t understand every detail in the instructions :-(.

If there is really an interest to translated the videos in Spanish and if you, E A Koetting ,don´t know to someone speaking Spanish, if it please you, please send me a transcription in Written English of Mastering Evocation and I will write it for you for free (no money) in Spanish, this I can do.

Other option would be to subtitle these videos in English, this subtitles would help many individuals non native Americans or deafs. Here in Spain, for example, schools teach a lot of English gramatic; they know how write in English,but they rarely (teachers) demand speak good in English.

Oscar[/quote]

I think that subtitles in English would be a good option for many people. For the translation I would volunteer as well to translate the videos in my mother tongue or even write the transcript of what is being said in English. The only problem is that I don’t have the videos :stuck_out_tongue:
But anyway I strongly believe that many people would benefit from the option of subtitles or a transcript (official or unofficial).

For the moment you could try to take notes of what E.A. says in the videos. If you can’t understand everything then listen to it again and again until you figure out what he says and write it down. I did that a lot with videos in languages that I don’t speak very well! I know it takes time but it’s better than nothing.

I forgot to say that Paralda (his sigil is in Evoking Eternity) has helped me with a foreign language that I found very hard to understand so you can try with him.

[quote=“Nereid, post:10, topic:1688”][quote=“Obethencourt, post:9, topic:1688”]Dear Nereid,

Oscar[/quote]

I think that subtitles in English would be a good option for many people. For the translation I would volunteer as well to translate the videos in my mother tongue or even write the transcript of what is being said in English. The only problem is that I don’t have the videos :stuck_out_tongue:
But anyway I strongly believe that many people would benefit from the option of subtitles or a transcript (official or unofficial).

For the moment you could try to take notes of what E.A. says in the videos. If you can’t understand everything then listen to it again and again until you figure out what he says and write it down. I did that a lot with videos in languages that I don’t speak very well! I know it takes time but it’s better than nothing.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice Nereid, juts curiosity, what is your mother language Nereid?

Oscar

My mother language is Greek!

Cost. I don’t think EA Koetting is heading up some international corporation. It would cost thousands of dollars to hire translators to translate the hours of dialogue in the videos into different languages for overdub or subtitles!

I don´t agree!, I don´t think that working to English subtitles would cost thousands of dollars for example!.

I cannot speak in the name of E. A. Koetting, but I consider that this is not a only a business with ambitions to be an international corporation, this, at least to me, is a philosophy of life; a philosophy to power, to control your life or even more greater goals.

Oscar