"Why am I like this?" - Tarot readings for the socially awkward and the self-doubting CLOSED

This is both EXTREMELY accurate as well as simultaneously informative, definitely cause for some deep introspective psychoanalysis
Thanks for the complimentary reading and I wish you all the best in your present/future ascent!

1 Like

@Blanket_Owner , here is your reading :slight_smile:

Past influence(s) over how you’re approaching decisions in your life today :
Knight of Wands and Four of Pentacles in reverse
Oh, this time it seems as if I am picking up on a person that is connected to how you’re approaching certain things in your life right now. I would read this person with a masculine energy, confident, flirty, really charming…but also not willing to commit and getting really unsympathetic towards other people, outright cold-ish. Did this person took something from you? Did this person took advantage of your generosity (maybe emotional) at some point? This connection seems to influence your current thought patterns to this day, letting you wondering what or who is really worth (or rather: safe) to invest your heart into.

The thing(s) you’re avoiding but need to address in that context:
Seven of Pentacles
Ha, what did I say in the first prompt? Not being sure what is worth your investment?
This card begs the question again: “Will I reap the fruits of my investment?”
What needs to be addressed in that context is the fear of failure and that not everything that doesn’t bring instant positive short-term gratification is a failure of investment. A lot of really nice long-term results need some time to show signs of a success.

What is making you feel different or at times not connected to the people and environment around you :
Eight of Wands
A sort of obsession with instant gratification or results coming from your environment. Having to wait for results throws you back into the “Was it worth my investment” pattern of thought, doubting your environment.

What could make you connect straight back to your environment and its people
Ten of Swords in reverse
Throw this fatalism of “not worth the investment” over board (or else you will set yourself up for another “I knew that it would end like this, it always does!” experience). This sort of fatalism is stonewalling you away from positive outcomes and experiences that could take a while to grow. Instead of thinking about “what will I give and what will I receive back?” you could try to think about “planting seeds” (plants need some time to grow.Some won’t grow at all. Not planting the seeds because something could not grow makes for one ugly mofo of a garden) . It takes away the pressure of instant gratification.

Where to start with breaking old patterns or habits that don’t serve you anymore
Ace of Cups
Thats a fine card, if I may say so. If you’ve waited for a sign to “start over” with an aspect of your life: here it is.
The card is asking you to put this past experience with the Knight of Wands into a nice trash can. It doesn’t define you or how you should measure whats worth your time.

1 Like

@Newin Here it is :slight_smile:

Past influence(s) over how you’re approaching decisions in your life today:
Eight of Pentacles
You have put some hard work into something mundane and simple looking; as “small” as it might appear to be, this experience has given you the ability to commit to a task until its finished. This skill is also showing in your day to day life, you approach bigger decisions methodically and level headed :slight_smile:

The thing(s) you’re avoiding but need to address in that context:
Two of Wands
No, the grass isn’t greener on the other side. Even if you’re not satisfied with your mundane life for now: you’re on the right track. Don’t yearn for something completely different only because your current tasks look boring or “unimportant”. They are not, and they will lead to long term success in your later life (Eight of Pentacles again)

What is making you feel different or at times not connected to the people and environment around you:
The World in reverse and the Queen of Wands in reverse
The Queen of Wands in reverse suggests the presence of a pushy or bullying person in your current situation, the World in reverse makes it appear as if you feel stuck with them for some time.

What could make you connect straight back to your environment and its people:
Ace of Wands in reverse
You won’t like this but this situation will probably go away on its own over time. You won’t be together with this person forever, I can sense a parting of your ways. Until then you need to be a bit more patient and resilient :+1:t2:

Where to start with breaking old patterns or habits that don’t serve you anymore:
Try to understand the real value (and further opportunities!) of your current skills and your efforts. As the Two of Wands already suggested, “different” doesn’t necessarily mean “better”. Don’t frustrate yourself with thoughts about wanting something entirely different when your current prowess will provide you with everything that you need.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who participated (and thanks for your trust and patience!) :slight_smile: I will take a little break from readings for the next couple of days and might return with something more lighthearted after bringing some not always comfortable and pleasant things to the surface :grimacing: This was originally not intended to turn out so heavy, but I see it as a part of my responsibility to not sugarcoat the messages that I am receiving. I wish everyone the best on their respective journeys

3 Likes

Love it! I might look into a deck of my own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh snap i needed this but it’s closed now gosh why am i always late to the best things ugh

Thank you, While it is true that I tend to see things a Lot like investment… I honestly didn’t expect it to be so much of an influence on me.

Is there anyway else the first two cards of knight of wands and four of pentacles in reverse can be interpreted because that part was not true at all?

The rest of the reading was really good advice, I am interpreting it as make friends and acquaintances for sake of making them… Not for some gain.

1 Like

If its not a third party I would take both cards as a tendency to rush into things while expecting them to just work out somehow (imagine making hasty decisions without informing yourself, like switching jobs or living places just cause) which could have led to a sort of financial/material instability (the most simple expression of both parts coming together could be a shopping addiction, for example.) I don’t feel this kind of materialistic vibe coming from your situation, though. I sense some “overly generous” situation that fell on your feet at some point, to your disadvantage

Edit for the sake of completeness and use this with a grain of salt because I don’t see it coming together with the rest of the cards:
I usually don’t take strictly spiritual matters into consideration (unless asked), but a third option in your case could also be to jump headfirst into different aspects of spiritual practice or ideas (imagine to dip your toes into five different approaches at once) without having a grasp or established hold on your foundations, resulting in frustration that it doesn’t get any proper results. This could very well be an aspect of the “failed investment” frustration chain (not receiving instant gratification/results)

1 Like

Yeah the first and second are not true
The last one is word to word my Exact situation… That is very helpful thing I will keep in mind. Thanks😊

1 Like

Thank you so much . :100: True

Ooooh this is a new way of looking at things!! If you’re still doing them, I would be interested!