Who are the Obyrith?

I had a crazy dream about some formless figures, all black with white glowing eyes. One of them walked past a door in a room I was in - and I heard the name PAZUZU. I’m already familiar with PAZUZU and have searched Obyrith on google and haven’t found many things on them. I was wondering could this just be another name for the Qlippoth deities. Any information about the Obyrith would help me out.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

In Dungeons and Dragons, the Obyrith are a type of demon from an era far ancient than we know. They are characterized by their ghastly horrible appearance of which can cause madness to onlookers. They created the main demonic race, the t’nari, as a form of slave, but the t’nari rebeled and took over the abyss.

Pazuzu is a demon lord of the obyrith who rules over the skies of the abyss. He offers aid to the innocent and pure only to seduce them into his worship. In real myth, Pazuzu is a demon of mesopotamia who’s considered “king of wind spirits” which suggests he’s a weather and storm entity. Pazuzu is ironically also called on to protect against other demons, particularly Lamashtu.

I’m sorry, but Pazusu, obyrith, I had to talk about dnd. Anyway, I don’t know anything about them beyond the game.

1 Like

Thank you Dave.

Interesting.

Mind expanding a little bit more,
on what you’ve dreamed=?

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

1 Like

So a simple answer would be that they’re
clearly Abyssal.

To extend your reseurch,
You can work either with Choronzon, or Nyarlathotep.

I’d recommend being very careful going down that rabbit hole,
as it can swallow you a whole easily.

Dagon would be a third option to call forth and work with.
Maybe the most reasonable one,
for that specific mather.

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

1 Like

thank you, I loved the D&D videos explaining the Obriyths!

1 Like