Which Hand

Hello Guys
I would like to ask you which hand should I use in sigil magick. I mean which hand should hold the sigil while gazing on it . I have searched some information about this but i cant find any good answer . Some of you recommend using left hand ( EA KOETTING) , others right hand ( RavenAscent) . I wonder if this has something to do about with pathworking or ideology of LEFT/RIGHT Hand. Also is this can be some source of lacking into spellcasting. Sorry for my english.

Traditionally, the left hand draws in energy and the right hand pushes it out so you may wish to hold it in your right hand as you direct energy into it. I always leave it on the altar and simply gaze at it. Once it’s been flashed (activated), I imagine my desire as if it’s coming to me and once this is intense, I think of it as if it’s already happened to such an extent, I forget where I am for a moment and this charges the sigil. I finally finished off by letting the whole desire flood out of me down my right hand into the dagger, which is touching the sigil at this stage. If you do this properly, you will have a hard time trying to think of your intention afterwards, which helps with the detachment stage after the ritual.

Concerning the left and right hands, I tested my energy as I made PSI balls and both have the ability to push out and draw in, although it was harder to diminish the energy balls as both hands were feeding off each other at this stage and I was well earthed.

I guess when we designate one for ‘in’ and one for ‘out’ it allows us to focus on this intention further thereby manipulating the energy easier.

I guess when we designate one for 'in' and one for 'out' it allows us to focus on this intention further thereby manipulating the energy easier.

What about conception that in the ritual by holding sigil in left hand , we pull out the energies of entity to our realm so it can work?

A compromise ? hold it with both hands.

My understanding is that it is to be held in your non-dominant hand. For the majority of people, who are right handed, that would be the left hand. The non dominant hand is also seen as receptive, and the dominant one as projective. If you are left handed, you would hold it in your right.

Experiment and find out what feels best for YOU.

I like switching to my left hand every once in a while because it feels like another person is doing it. I’m just kidding… I really don’t have anything else to add because Savodonger nailed it imo.

I think the best thing you can do is what feels right for you. There’s no point in worrying yourself to death over which hand is the right one. It’s all about trial and error, and What Works For You. No ones perfect.

Thank you guys for answers .

Sometimes I don’t hold it at all.

My choice to use the right hand has nothing to do with the right hand path. I am by far NOT a right hand pather and most people here already know that about me. I use the right hand because that is the hand that pushes energy outward, so in essence, I use it to push my energy and thoughs into the sigil to make my goal (manifesting a demon) stronger and empowered with my own energy so that the spirit and I will in a sense become one.

Now when I am manipulating the weather such as wind, rain, thunder, and lightning I use both hands. Left hand to draw the weather towards me, right hand to push my energy outward so I can control and manipulate it. I was just outside actually, manipulating the wind, thunder, and lightning. I love doing that but it’s chilly outside so the wind I stirred up froze my ass a bit. LOL.

Usually the Left side is associated with the “Unconscious” in most people, for example Right Handed people, while the Right is associated with the Left Brain. Thats why in esoteric practices one pulls in energy with the Left hand. This is a wiring of the Brain: (Right Brain;Left Body), and then one has (Left Brain;Right Body).

Some people are wired differently though. Example:
(Right Brain;Right Body) and (Left Brain;Left Body).

Then of course some people are ambidextrious.

A clue is to find your less dominantly used hand for Handwriting and then use this for sigil magick. The reason for this is because in sigil magick you want to forget about the sigil right? Its more painful to write with the left hand, and normally we avoid Pain because its uncomfortable or whatever. Since your dominant hand will more likely lead to moments of Memory (and lusting after result), because when you think of “writing” you think of your dominant hand… which would lead you to thinking about the Sigil which you are supposed to “forget” in sigil magick if I am correct… FYI this isn’t always the case if your using a Sigil you constantly charge or whatever.

Anyway, for sigil magick you should use your less dominant hand, because it isn’t your writing hand and because you are training your subconscious for that to be your “Sigil Writing Hand.” It can be an exclusive thing as well. As for if it works better with a left or right hand due to association that is your call in how you feel about it.

No, you don’t, not while performing the magick. When performing the magick you want to focus all of your intent on the sigil so the sigil will become charged, active, and empowered with intent or goal and you cannot empower something if you are training yourself to forget you are even holding it. That is counter productive, if you forget about it then that’s no different than holding a remote in your hand the entire time you’re watching tv, it becomes just a useless object that you happen to be holding and the remote will not do anything unless you become aware of it again and consciously press a button to make it change the channel or lower the volume.

So holding a sigil in your hand and acting as if it’s part of you, nothing important enough to focus on it becomes like the tv remote. It just sits in your hand remaining uncharged and inactive until you focus on it again and tell it what to do. After the working, then yes, you do need to forget about it unless the working requires you to keep it on you at all times because in that case it would be impossible to forget about it if you have to keep up with it 24/7.

Bio, no offense but sometimes you seem to be just throwing out random advice you just made up because you make it a point to respond to every topic that is posted (at least from what I have seen) even if only to say one or two words to joke with the OP, and many times what you post is completely different from what the majority of us here are claiming to have experienced and proven to be fact, and occasionally you make a post that seems very strange and out context, so you are just trying to fill a posting quota here, trying to increase your post count numbers to as high as you can get them? Because it seems that way sometimes, as if you are just posting to be posting.

I wasnt asking I was stating a question. All I do is sigil magick. Austin Osmam Spare as far as I am concerned is a genius that founded a technique that if you take his method ojt of context of nust letters thefe are mamy ways to create a sigil. Some sigils you use them and then forget, but some you maintain a steady charge.

But thank you for the random made up useless post. I didnt “just think” that. If you have to make a beef with me please do not make it so petty with a pageful of random Non-sense. I see this alot actually, but choose not to say anything until someone thinks they have to take a cheapshot at me which is usually missplaced and deserved of a horsewhipping.

His method of sigil creation differs dramatically from using a demonic sigil from the LKoS (or one that’s been channelled since by you or another competent magician) that you “open” in TGS: in Spare’s method, the sigil is a way to imprint the desire it symbolises into the subconscious, which is why it’s reasonable to make a bunch of sigils, put them away until you forget exactly what they’re for (so the conscious mind isn’t aware) and then fire them up at a later date.

Demonic sigils don’t work like that, you wouldn’t for example print out all 72 of the LKoS demons’ sigils, shuffle them, forget about them for a month, then randomly open one, not even knowing consciously what it’s for. I’d go so far as to that that would be bad:wink:

The sigil is 1. specific to the demon and his offices and 2. provides a communication channel, so when you open it, you need to keep your desire in mind.

Whereas with an A.O. Spare sigil, you don’t need to remember what it was for, you can just charge it and (assuming that the things you made them for, before laying them away) are still things you want, you’ll get a good result.

They are about the result, not links to a specific entity, and the sentences used to construct them are usually derived from statements about yourself, for example “I will always have plenty of money” or something. No external spirits needed or involved.

Another major difference is that Spare’s sigils are meant to be forgotten as part of the design of his system, whereas with the demon’s personal sigils in the LKoS (which predates Spare of course by centuries), you wear the sigil during the evocation and a common payment for the spirit who completes the task is to render his sigil in metal, even gold - rendering it permanent.

Two totally different systems, different aims, and different methods.

(Edited for typoes, gotta stop typing things with keebie on my lap…)

I recommend what I call the BHP. The primary fault of the so called Right Hand Path; is the forced exclusivity[in definition as well as practice]
Look at a battery- look at the + which we can call the RHP, then the - which we can call the LHP. now, cut it right in half, and tell me which side works best. Magick, is little more than the internal knowledge to know where to reach into and find “Currents” which are needed to use the power to accomplish some goal. All Currents and Powers are available and necessary and to be used; but as in electronics- not all currents are applicable to all needs presented. Used both hands to reach into the Rivers of Currents- of which you yourself are made up of them all.
There is a concept called “Pure Science” and its counterpart “Applied Science” , the 1st is to learn all the powers available- the second is to use those powers for the benifit of yourself and humanity. Dip both hands into the currents and after a time, you will find there is little need for differentiation other than to thrill someones ego. (imo)

[quote="Selieten, post:1, topic:6401"]Hello Guys
I would like to ask you which hand should I use in sigil magick. I mean which hand should hold the sigil while gazing on it . I have searched some information about this but i cant find any good answer . Some of you recommend using left hand ( EA KOETTING) , others right hand ( RavenAscent) . I wonder if this has something to do about with pathworking or ideology of LEFT/RIGHT Hand. Also is this can be some source of lacking into spellcasting. Sorry for my english.[/quote]

Honestly, I am ambidextrious and can easily use both hands for mundane things. I feel more powerful when I use both because I have discovered that I am able to draw in energy and push it out with both hands. I use both when manipulating the weather and recently I did this while using a new method I created that involved pyramids and I ended up striking the house with lightning and almost started a fire, left a huge burn mark below one of the light switches and the fire alarm went off, destroyed all the Tv’s and stereos in the house except mine, mine were okay so I think I was inadvertently taking my anger out on my parents LOL. I was mad at them during that time so… and their insurance covered it so they ended up with nicer flat screens anyway.

Besides, I never like how on the Tv the witches point at stuff or the wizards with the wands, I have always favored the sorcerers who use both hands so it’s a personal choice in more than one way.