Where would be a good place to start?

I’ve been doing some magick using the Damon Brand books and also burning candles for St Cyprian and St Michael. I went through the headless rite for about 3 months. I have been able to establish a daily magickal routine.

Essentially I have been doing Chaos Magic sigils for quite a few years, have been doing some Damon Brand material for two years, and have set up an altar to St. Cyprian. I have never felt that I have had success in evoking a spirit, though I have had the sense that at least some of my magick has been effective.

I have been trying to figure out where a good starting point might be in the BALG material and I am trying to decide between the new Norse course, as I am of mostly NW European descent, or the Black Magick video course, or the Evocation course.

Any thoughts?

First, please go here and introduce yourself if you haven’t already. It is one of the few rules of the forum.

To answer your question, I would start with the evocation course since it takes you through the basics needed to be successful, like getting into the theta/gamma sync, and the mechanics of ritual. In my opinion, you wouldn’t be very successful with the pathworkings like the Black Magick or Norse courses, without such a foundation.

3 Likes