Where to start?

Done a little “research” on occult and it intrigues me A LOT. Would anyone here be a mentor for me? Maybe just someone to educate me and lead me in the right direction? Really want to try and get into this stuff but my lack of knowledge stands in the way.

You should start at the search function.

I would suggest reading the path working threads an see what interests you and what you feel more drawn to…

Being a mentor is a full-time and serious commitment, so anyone who underatkes it is going to want something back.

This could be as simple as a cash transaction, or something a bit more shady, so you may do better to work towards finding a spirit mentor you vibe with, and getting a pact formed that clearly lays out expectations, responsibilities, and whatever.

This won’t happen overnight, but IMO it’s a good first step.

Getting such a close link to a spirit has often been considered the initiatory mark of a magician (as opposed to a neophyte) and IMO it’s something to strive for, more than inviting any human - no matter how sincere and well-meaning - to fill your mind with their ideas, and show you how to walk in their footprints.

Maybe just someone to educate me and lead me in the right direction? Really want to try and get into this stuff but my lack of knowledge stands in the way.

Actually, your current lack of knowledge isn’t stopping you from acquiring more, but as adults, we sometimes have “learner mode” turned off, and the process of learning can feel uncomfortable because you’re used to being competent, and “right” in order to get through everyday life with all its responsibilities - whereas learning is a constant process of moving from incomplete understanding, which potentially never ends.

That’s why a lot of people become so fixed in their ways by their late 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, etc - they never want to admit they may have been wrong, or at least, not completely correct.

I recommend you start out by looking at what you want magick to do for you - magick isn’t religion (although for a lot of people, the two are interlinked), and the focus is on results, not philosophy, although the different philosophies will be something to consider as you progress.

If you can identify what your primary goal/s are - ideally one or two to start with - then people here might be able to guide you towards the routes that got them results, and/or recommend a type of magickal study/pathworking that will help?

Alsop, please check your Messages tab at the top of the page, you have mail! Thanks. :slight_smile: