Where to find more info- resources for "lesser" known entities

It is not difficult to trace the histories of various entities like Baal, Lucifer goes without saying,Lilith, Azazel, blah blah- but what of the and I’m using the term loosely “lesser” entities be it goetia, watchers, qlippoth… etc. Lets face it google and Wikipedia just don’t cut it. I have quite a few books that I have yet to read that I expect some insight from but wondering what others have found useful- yes to evoke and ask is one thing but it seems the subject of “demonology” is highly subjective- no pun intended.

7 Likes

encyclopedia of demons in world religions and cultures pdf.
You can find it easily if you Google that. It does have a pretty decent paragraph on most entities in there. Also something neat is it states how different entities connect. Like Lucifer and king paimon among, who is over who, rankings and more. It’s pretty nice. Definitely use the Ctrl+F or find in page feature though :metal:

2 Likes

Encyclopedia of 1000 spirits by Judika Illyes

2 Likes

I actually think it’s 10,000 spirits

2 Likes

Most of them don’t have a direct connection to a historic pagan God. Any connections one would find would be tenuous at best.

And I believe that all spirits are psychological masks through which we access our subconscious mind. So, it doesn’t really matter to me if they do have a connection or not to the old gods.

“The imagination is filled with the corpses of the gods.”

Gonna have to dig into this

1 Like

I actually broke down and bought this last night on a little shopping spree at Barnes and nobles for grins. I previewed it in library fashion but decided to get it anyways. Is quite comprehensive but even though says A-Z everything from fairies to demons seems a little light on the “dark side”. The big playets in demonology are there but almost seemed to shy away from the dark- I’m not trying to dissuade anyone I’m sure it’s gonna be a great read- I mean it is literally a few inches thick. Also got her encyclopedia of witchcraft to but there again my preview seems like it’s more from a Wiccan perspective. But there’s gonna be something there for a few inches thick.

1 Like