Where do you draw the line?

Okay you take a whoever is stronger approach. I can see that, I don’t fully agree since though we are animals we, by science and philosophy are different cognitively. So applying us to other animals only works somewhat (Though that is also debatable). Also If evolution is the key you seem to make senses but if we are to evolve then we should move past the “stronger is better approach”. Its weird because evolving is getting stronger but why should it stop there? If we can stop the weak from dying we should because it shows a different kind of strength.
Plus though its a sign of power to kill its not a sign of strength. Strength is to overcome, killing is only the simpleton option, resolving the situation shows strength in the mind, soul, and more. If you look at it like that, any kind of killing without a reason or an attempt to find another solution can be seen as the option of a simpleton and not a living god.

2 Likes

But in the end, none of us are right and none of us are wrong. If there is no answer than is wrong and its right. Its horrible and Not. If there is no solution then well… It matters and it doesn’t. Not to you just in general. if theres not an answer at all its really not up to any of us, or entity. It just is and Isn’t which is more confusing than anything.
(Another thought that came to me randomly)

1 Like

No offense, and I genuinely mean this where I usually do not, if you think this is how nature works then you need to go play in the woods. The apex of any given food chain, even on an intra-special level, is dependent on those it has superficial strength above. While competition and struggle is a valid theme, this “strong dominates the weak” dichotomy you suggest simply does not exist within nature.

2 Likes

oooh, what is this?

2 Likes

Doing nothing is like a sin… the original sin… so you are aiding the ones that are doing bad shit by not stopping it some way or other. If a child is being hurt imho that is never right, I know, I was abused as a kid and it isn’t fun to have nobody on your side or nobody caring. It feels sinful. Just my two cents.
You do realize that language itself is magic, it was designed to be, why we are all taught to speak, write and spell… yeah that word is all about magic right there! Language didn’t just evolve on its own it was created by some black magicians long long long ago to control the human race for their benefit. I’m not saying all black magicians do that but I bet most politicians practice it for their own benefit, corporations do too. If you look around everything is based on language constructs to control the will of the people.

1 Like

For kindness I only strike down 18 and above

1 Like

I disagree. While all of our opinions are subjective, there is still an objective answer. So, some opinions are closer to objective than others. This idea that all subjective opinion has equal merit based solely on common circumstance of subjectivity is folly.

3 Likes

Okay I’ll check that out thank you for your insight. And I get controlling people or getting rid of people for your benefit but if its not for your benefit just for the hell of it do you think that is acceptable? You could say its up to the individual but to me that more of a cop out if that makes sense after some thought. We say that, mainly, to feel better about our actions

1 Like

hmm Okay I like that, so no one is inherently right but some are more right than others?
If so… then why? Idk if it has an answer but why are some more right than others and what makes that a case?

1 Like

Absolutely, but I make absolutely no claim as to being able to figure out who. Lol, I wish, lolol.

I always have to allow for the possibility that I am dead wrong. If my opinion leaves no room for change, then I am either a true Source god, or my opinion is worth shit.

2 Likes

And I get that, I just like hearing what others think. I have a decent idea where I stand but still.
Do you think there is a difference between doing harm magically than doing in physically? I’m just wondering your thoughts

1 Like

Yet when an ant bites you do you gently set it down or do you squash it? Are we not as gods to something such as an ant? Despite all that we have we are still like ants to some of the things out there in every aspect. Intellectually, philosophically, in every way the divide between us and some other beings is just as great as between us and ants. I am not saying be indiscriminate in your actions but rather know how things are and live by your own code that is from you and no one else.
By all means work together and advance the general state of the species but that action is to contribute ultimately to the individuals that benefit from it. When one exercises power and strength they exercise it in a means by which they feel best to do so. Advancing the species is of mutual benefit as it makes more available to the individual to work with and the same for communing with others which is the basis of civilization to gain benefit from others so you can focus on your own strengths and desires and by doing so you more than likely provide aid to other individuals in the process even if indirectly. To stop the weak from dying would not a better option be to not let them be weak in the first place? To serve as the force that drives them to strength. If you let all the things in the world that seem to hold you down or go against your beliefs get to you then you will quickly find yourself driven to madness.
You are correct in your assessment that all is meaningless though and as such meaning is what we make it. It is our experience even if we are not always in control of it we can gain control of ourselves and find in ourselves the means to change the world around us as we see fit. For the most part people have better things to do than indulge in petty behaviors for no true advancement and those that do ultimately may be seen as flawed and no more to blame for their actions than say a rabbid dog. Does that mean they should not be punished? No, more likely punishment is a mercy as it provides an experience that will play a role in elevating that person to a higher level where such petty entertainments are beneath them.

1 Like

Absolute power without absolute knowledge, is absolute disaster.

You see a case, and it’s always presented to you in black and white. Easy for a busy mind to digest while reading a newspaper or watching news. Before you reach the last paragraph you already made a clear judgement and ready to take action. We all do that, even if we don’t take action.

It’s not ok to deal with life, the same way we play a video game. I’m fine with cursing and even killing someone with magick. But I can’t just hit and run, If you had the courage to kill a person… then you must fill the gap. Get your hands dirty. Take responsibility. Become part of that life that you taken away. Until you make sure that your decision wasn’t a mistake. It restored balance, didn’t cause chaos.

The butterfly effect. If I can’t handle it, then I better not play God.

2 Likes

The strong dominating the weak is a very real theme. However, you are looking at it too literally as there are many types of strength and would the strong destroy that which they require? Everything is a system and interplays with cause and effect. We are dependent upon others for our experiences even though existence is about us as individuals how can we learn, grow, evolve, and exercise our powers as individuals without others existing to give us the trials and plays that make up our existence? There is no need however to drive yourself to madness over actions of others outside your sphere of experience until it begins to impact your sphere. If you choose to do something about it and experience that then you do but to torment yourself over something you cannot change or truly be held accountable for is foolish. It is akin to supporting someones right to defend themselves and then regarding that as supporting the violence that makes such defense necessary. The lines and limits are naturally ours to define and if something else has the power to change that and the volition to do so then unless we can contest it either directly or indirectly we are likely going to be bound by such just as we bind others by our actions. What is the factor that causes it all though? That motivation changes from person to person but if the motivation and ability is there and without greater motivation with the facts at hand then the action is going to be committed. Say you have the chance to commit the most heinous of acts and get away with it and the motivation to do so what stops you? Maybe the motivation to hold true to your beliefs and code as is often the case. To enforce some form of law or justice we take the same liberties as those we would punish in pushing our will on another’s experience but we deem it necessary or desirable enough to do so even if the end goal or motivation is different. Perhaps we can’t compare animals and people directly but we can compare the patterns. Animals have a different nature and motivation than people but the same base patterns and drives tend to be present. To survive and fulfill a desire for comfort and happiness relative to that individual, to become something more than the present state, in animals it might be to grow up and become more by continuing to age and experience and reproduce without the greater foresight that we have but what about when that animal spirit thousands of years later has evolved on a spiritual level to some form of sentience? Then it desires to evolve more in different ways within its awareness. What I am saying is that the same patterns are reflected and the reflection might manifest differently but at their base they are the same and with everything being an endless cycle the end meaning is nonexistent beyond the experience and meaning we give it. To over think it is not going to do anyone any good, to trivially abuse it does us no good either as that ultimately limits the options to experience. I understand what you are saying but I choose to also take in a much larger view for my own experience. I am not going to let myself be affected by the actions of others I had no say in or even those I did have a say in if those actions ran contrary to what I wanted. It is a difficult view to express and has its own philosophy which I will admit is nihilistic. That does not mean I go out of my way to lord my power over others for no reason or motive and when I do it is usually to get my way in something but has no lasting negative impact on someone. Such as dealing with my neighbors who are horrible people. They tear each other apart frequently and so long as they keep the mess on their side of the fence I don’t really care what punishments they inflict on each other. They each have the choice to leave that lifestyle behind but don’t. Frequently I will throw something at them for being overly annoying or creating some mess that ends up effecting me but beyond that I just want to be left alone. I often end up helping people by giving them advice or listening to them express their troubles and frustration even though if they turned against me I would have no reservation about bringing them to ruin in response. I might be a total asshole that generally sees most of humanity as at best the equivalent of children throwing a temper tantrum and at worst as pests but I will return the respect given to me and put out something that might trigger their evolution into a greater being. I am also not shy about directing the world to fit my vision for the future but that does not require much more than a nudge of certain events to speed up the process in the directions the world is already going.

PS. Sorry for giant block of text… explaining these things in detail can get extensive.

2 Likes

A mental illness. Nihilism is a mental illness. A true nihilist has no place in the world. How can such a being exert it’swill as a god over this world?

That is sane; not really nihilistic,either. I don’t get the feeling that you are the kind I am in opposition to. As happens so often, our words do our thoughts little justice. I think we are mostly on the same page. The very fact that you would even try to help someone is pretty much in conflict with true nihilism (stagnation/lack of motion).

2 Likes

Yep. Thank you for taking the time to communicate. Never an apology needed for that.

2 Likes

I think the clinical definition of nihilism does not include the spiritual kind born of knowledge or a certain understanding and perspective. When you talk to a spirit you summon you could very well be considered mentally ill and say schizophrenic by those without the same knowledge and conditioning to communicate in a similar fashion. Often old terms have to be adapted because of their convenience and put in a new perspective. In this case nihilism is acknowledging all of existence is meaningless as all of existence continues beyond even what we could define as infinity. So that by that very fact the only meaning that can come from existence is that which we ourselves apply. So nihilism is simply coming to terms and acknowledging this state of perpetual existence without meaning and being willing to give it a meaning of our own. So consider it a different take and adaption of the term for lack of a better available one that I know of offhand.

2 Likes

Damn. Interesting debate. I think we all (probably) have some morals which are common. Such as morals against harming children, and typically people who harm children happen to have something wrong with their mind. I really like EA’s thoughts on baneful magick. Most of us, myself included, have gone through a trigger happy cursing stage where we cursed every Joe Blow who so much as sneezed in our direction. But after awhile you’ll probably realize that it’s more PERSONALLY rewarding to see people happy and content. Magicians who throw curses for the fun of it have shit they haven’t dealt with that is making them insecure. Anyway, EA doesn’t curse people (at least he has said so in a video) unless they stand in his way or threaten him. If someone stands in the way of me ascending or achieving my desires, I’ll empty my spiritual clip until they aren’t in the way. Same applies to people who are menacing me or being problematic.

2 Likes

That’s not nihilism, that’s existentialism.

3 Likes

Actually I think it is technically existential nihilism with a bit added on. Whatever the term applied though it can probably get dicey trying to cut hairs and dissect the full of it to fit any single term I feel. Though I see the definition seems a tad blurred between existentialism and existential nihilism I think it more deals with the balance of thought between the two ideas. Though it seems existentialism might be the more fitting term after all so thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like