Where am I failing in my application of direct magick?

I tried this at a bar not too long ago! It was fucking instant, blew my mind lol. I didn’t want to spend any money, because it had a more important place to go, but I REALLY wanted a drink :joy:. So, honestly just to see what would happened, I glanced over at a man that was sitting outside of the bar, way to far for him to notice, and I was careful not to make eye contact, so I would know if it was for real. I literally glanced. 1 or 2 seconds at the most. Then I took out my journal and wrote “a man buys me a drink” in this little code I use so know one can read it. Then underneath it I wrote “a man buys me another drink”. And I just put out this vibe like “I could really use a drink, won’t somebody help me?” :joy:
FIVE mins later, the bartender set down a shot of expensive tequila in front of me. I looked over for the guy but he was gone. Then as I asked the bartender who sent it, I followed his pointing finger to that same man…RIGHT behind me! We chit chatted about stuff all night and he bought many, many more. Though it kind of took a weird turn after…he asked me to do a reading, and the cards pretty much spelled out “warning”, Brock Turner, “ this guy doesn’t know what no means” so I politely gather my stuff and he followed me to my room at the hotel, and tried VERY hard to come inside. Unfortunately I had already used his phone to track mine down when I unknowingly misplaced it in the bathroom…so he had my number. For the next month and a half he called and texted at least 10 times a day. And the texts were like paragraphs of declarations of Shakespeare love. Yes, love, ver batam. He said he had fallen in love with me and we were meant to be, and why was I destroying this beautiful thing by ignoring him? Lol it was like a blast from the past with actual ex bfs. He stopped after he left town. I had blocked his number after the first time, but he just kept coming back with new numbers. Maybe that “poor me” vibe had something else I didn’t realize. But yeah, if I can figure out how to harness that type of thing into magical works that I actually intensely care about the outcome, I’d be golden. But it did give me a little pep in my step, at the time that I was so unsure about this stuff.