When Lilith Touches you, and Your Catholic

It’s okay yall I’m long out of catholic school, so Im used to being tou…I mean, WHAT???

In all seriousness. I was asking some folks if they were ever touched by Lilith, One person made a very interesting statement about how she was approached by Lilith after leaving Catholicism.

I don’t think Lilith really has anything to do with religion, but tell me what you think. Why does Lilith come to you, why would she? Real thoughts please

3 Likes

She came to me, I think it’s because of how close I became to Lucifer, though I never asked her why, I just remember the first time she called me to summon her, I guess she just wanted to know me, it was an infernal blessing

3 Likes

It only happened to me when doing the Ascending Flame meditation

3 Likes

@telgega She is kinda the teacher of those types of experiences. So unlearning everything you thought you knew about something and discovering that there is other views and experiences out there. It’s Painful and Carthatic but in the end rewarding because of the journey you undergo to gain new knowledge.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I was introduced to her through an ex, who worked with her closely. I was raised very loosely Roman Catholic, and my ex was Jewish/Catholic.

Its interesting, I was banned from a place to talk about magick for spreading “dangerous misinfo about Lilith”, because I suggested her origins were Sumer and not the Jewish faith.

I was told her worship was entirely Jewish, and that it was a closed religion and culture, so I couldnt work with her. The funny thing is, hours after I got banned I found out by heritage im at least 25% Ashkenazi Jew.

I never associated her with any religion, but that experience really made me wonder…

2 Likes

Her origins are Judaic though. The etymological roots of her name can be traced as far back as Akkadia and Babylon ( the Semitic languages, including Akkadian, Sumerian, and Assyrian all share similar root syllables) but the figure of Lilith herself as we know her is strictly Judaic, as the Hebrew language, along with Aramaic, and Arabic, grew out of those earlier languages that were prevalent throughout Mesopotamia (though by the time of the Babylonian Empire, Sumerian was strictly a written language and no longer spoken). There is no historical evidence of a figure like her existing in Sumerian mythology.

6 Likes

Yo, everywhere I go.

All I say is look at the name “Lilitu” and look at what those spirits did in Sumerian mythology. Thats all the information I need to make my mind up.

Dont forget how contentious she is. The figure you know could be different from the figure I know. The “figure” is not the spirit. We cant use human delineations to fit spirits into a box, or at least we shouldnt.

1 Like

A Sumerian Storm demon, correct?

Bird demons, layed with men in the night and stole their semen/lifeforce

I dont have an amazing understanding but I work with her a lot and I have always got a vibe much different and older than just “the Jews made her”

1 Like

I’m still unclear on her origins lol

It’s kinda funny because I sometimes still work with Jewish and Christian mysticism (hence my profile picture)

1 Like

Personally, I think trying to pin a spirit to one thing or state of being is not wise. Ime they are fluid and change as much as people do, even reinventing themselves. I see them just as much as currents of power as I see them as individuals.

2 Likes

Tell me more

I’m fairly certain Lilith is amused at my shenanigans.

7 Likes

Saw this coming

Lilith is a Dark Mother. When I miscarried, I received no comfort from Mary, but Lilith screamed and shared my pain with me.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been “touched” by Lilith but what’s so different about her touch if your catholic vs not? Many folks probably have been touched (energy) so :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

thats what im wondering

I think humans (op) is reading more into it then say Lilith might be. I don’t think it’s that significant compared to say a non-catholic being touched. I don’t think entities care as much for religion as we do.

1 Like

I possibly had a dream about Lilith around the time when I had my first accidental astral projection. At the time I was a non-denominational Christian after having left Catholicism. The dream started out with me on a hill surrounded by what I guess would be most similar to Ancient Greek ruins. I noticed I was much younger, like 8 or 9 years old and then I noticed that I was dressed in a female school uniform sat in a school desk. Keep in mind, I’m a male and was 14 at the time. Looking around, I saw that there were girls in school desks taking a test. I realized there’s a test in front of me and I decide to try and fit in as best as possible by taking the test. All of a sudden, the principal showed up and was demanding to know why I was there. I just kept on saying that I didn’t know and she picked me up by the bottom most left rib. That’s where I woke up because that’s just a really vulnerable area to touch and then having someone pick you up like that was a shock. At the time, I didn’t know who Lilith was, but I did know the significance of the rib from Genesis. The dream really took me out of my element and felt very alien when compared to my other dreams. I don’t know what the dream meant or what Lilith may have been trying to tell me, but it seemed interesting since this happened after I left Catholicism and began dabbling in some Occult practices

Lilith once visited me while I was sleeping a few years back when I was searching for the right path to go down, she told me “these are your first steps” she was a beautiful long haired woman but was a black silhouette and when she left I was screamed at by leviathan, or something that looked similar to the Motörhead mascot as I thought the morning after. I triggered this interaction 4 hours before by pouring my intentions into a sigil, picture and talisman of Lilith which resulted in the above experience. I’m reading as much of Asenath Mason’s work that features a lot of Lilith, she’s one of my favourite authors.

2 Likes