When do you burn a sigil?

Do you burn a Sigil after it has been activated or after the Desire or request associated with the sigil has been fulfilled.

When your request has been met.

i burn them after or before.Some entities don’t want to help,so there’s no reason for me to have their sigils around me.For example i opened the sigil of lukorst and he was there in my room.I ask him to bring me some cash because i was in need.After 10 days of no manifestation i burned his sigil and went to Nitika(NAP).
I’m starting to think that the sigil has nothing to do with the portals.You open your perception to the entities through the sigils and from your mind.Not the paper it self or the drawing upon it.I mean i don’t believe that when you open the sigil the entity pops up from the paper.

Well, I would not doubt I may be doing something wrong, but, I do not draw out a new sigil each time, unless I am trying to work with an entity only once or twice. Currently, I am only working with Belial. i have large 2ftx3ft sigils in the east west and south, and a smaller one in the north above my main altar. I have a small alter under the east west and south, which i also have an offering dish. So for me there is no sigil burning- and Belial has not complained yet.

[quote=“dron, post:3, topic:4850”]i burn them after or before.Some entities don’t want to help,so there’s no reason for me to have their sigils around me.For example i opened the sigil of lukorst and he was there in my room.I ask him to bring me some cash because i was in need.After 10 days of no manifestation i burned his sigil and went to Nitika(NAP).
I’m starting to think that the sigil has nothing to do with the portals.You open your perception to the entities through the sigils and from your mind.Not the paper it self or the drawing upon it.I mean i don’t believe that when you open the sigil the entity pops up from the paper.[/quote]

No, sigils are actual “portals” to the spirit. Their designs, in sympathy to that of the spirit, create a doorway not unlike the sacred geometrical shapes described by Lovecraft in “Dreams in the Witch House”. This is why you can the seals to project directly to the entity. The lines themselves are power, not a means to psychological masturbation.
It is also why using sigils are effective even when they are not “activated” through gazing techniques.
While the sigil design itself is aligned with the entity, the physical base only has power or connection is the entity comes through the door the sigil represents. And you can simply have the sigil present, offerings a top or not, and call to the spirit. Their sigil then becomes a receptacle for offerings, which strength the power of the sigil to its physical base. Thus, the paper itself becomes a vessel for the entity to use.

If i am doing one of my simple sigil spells on an index card then i tear the card up when i am satisfied that the sigil is charged and my intentions are infused into it. My thought being that i am releasing the power out of the sigil to go to work. i dont generally burn them though.

Euoi i agree with what you said,but i want to approach such things with an open mind,because i’m not sure how and why they work.Sure they are portals to specific things,but the connection is made through your self…Maybe i’m wrong but the more i practise,the more i realize that magic is internal, and physical objects and representations are there just to guide your inner self to do what you want him to do.
I see sigils the same way…They guide your subconscious to connect with the entity.Otherwise they’re just drawings for your physical eyes…Propably you’re sure about your working methods because you’ve made them work for you.This doesn’t mean that things THEY ARE the way you see them and it doens’t really matter at the end.

@dark matter
I’m not sure about anything my self bro…The only thing i do is to trust my self and do what it seems right for me.If you think that burn ing sigils is offensive,don’t do it and follow your own instinct…
I have success when i’m doing things my way and failures when i’m not.

Actually, you’re incorrect. They are not “guides to your inner self”. Objects work by their own virtues, present without the aid of human beings. They are only given direction by your will.

Euoi I saw you had an argument with another member in another thread about this topic…There’s no reason to push it further here.If objects work by their own virtues, then everyone in the world would be able to perform magic and make changes in their lives just by mixing ingredients…There are thousands of recipes out there for any kind of spell.Does it mean that everyone can use them and have results?

Somewhat. Like I said, you have to direct the power inherent in tools (and I think it should be noted only certain tools work because they have spirit, such as metals, crystals, and plants ). And, there are many other factors that go into successful magic.
You can directly communicate with the living spirits of such things utilized in magic if you don’t believe me. I invite you to not take my word at face value and find the spirits of plants and suchthat actually give objects their virtue. It’s well documented, anyone claiming they don’t exist have been lacking in the experience.

[quote=“Euoi, post:10, topic:4850”]Somewhat. Like I said, you have to direct the power inherent in tools (and I think it should be noted only certain tools work because they have spirit, such as metals, crystals, and plants ). And, there are many other factors that go into successful magic.
You can directly communicate with the living spirits of such things utilized in magic if you don’t believe me. I invite you to not take my word at face value and find the spirits of plants and suchthat actually give objects their virtue. It’s well documented, anyone claiming they don’t exist have been lacking in the experience.[/quote]

Sorry if it sounds stupid but is there some sort of technique I can use to communicate with spirits of plants for example? It would be interesting, especially when I was given instructions by one of the demons to learn more about plants and nature in general.

Apologies to the OP for going off the topic.

Euoi is just right about it, sigils and objects works by their own virtues. But the will of the magician can both dynamize then and direct their effects onto some specific purpose. Some objects, due to their own nature, are less dynamic than others, thus the need to activate them.

And even though most of us are aware of this fact, its still a good idea to mention that every physical object has its counterpart in the astral. What really needs to become active is that counterpart, so it starts ‘processing’ energy in accord to the will of the magician, thus working to accomplish the given task.

And on my sigils, I dont burn them, just store them in a brief-case I have for this purpose.