What's your take on Ritual Purity?

Do you involve a purification process?

Personally, I do not go through purification rituals. I find it to be tedious.

However, I notice when I shower before a ritual it usually makes it easier to call up energy.

2 Likes

I do usually include a truncated purification process in my rituals. Traditionally, purification was a method of leaving the worries and stresses of the world behind before commencing with the magick, so I will generally meditate and use Jason Miller’s 9 Purification Breaths to release any stagnant or dirty energy beforehand.

3 Likes

What book is this practice from?

The 9 Breaths technique is found in Miller’s books Sorcerer’s Secrets and Sex, Sorcery and Spirit.

1 Like

Thanks

I’m back to not contacting some darker things for a bit & learning. I make sure the room or space around is clean. I sweep & pick up clutter, don’t have negative thoughts about what I’m doing, shower…showering & being clean feels important sometimes.

If you can’t shower or bathe it’s ok, but if you can yes please do. If not get some Florida Water or cleanse in small ways. Spirits have senses. If you’re funky no one likes that. Don’t be stinking trying to do magic. You should wash genitals at least even if its water from a puddle.

Never be ashamed. We do the best we can & they know.

I light incense or something to make the room nice. I put my phone & all distractions away. I salt myself before I do anything magical to purify and smoke from different herbs. I banish before work too.

The other day I was just reading about an entity and instantly felt the need to shower. Like even reading about them made me shower. It’s my belief that some won’t work with foul smelling or unclean people. If you think about it I don’t blame them even if you just wash your hands.

The energy/spirit was a king. He/she was linked to my decan, but already telling me, night or day, you must come correct or I won’t take it so yes purify even if physical too. Some also fast.

Do what works for you, but for deeper magic even if you work with angels, they WILL tell you if you must be more serious and cleaner or not. Try and tell us:)

cannot be arsed with a shower or a bath. My pits are generally clean daily anyway…just don’t have B.O. or smelly feet or bad breath.

Hell yes, I am a big fan for them!

When I am doing my monthly big ritual with Beleth, I fast for one week and dedicate my meditations to her everyday by scrying her sigil Infront of me, chanting her name for 11 times then continue doing good ol’ stillness meditation.
And I even go to my vacation home in the weekend and do nothing, going completely monk mode. And when the day comes Bam! The ritual happens.

I know that my purification goes well when my sleep decreases, have a lot of energy and be in ecstatic bliss the whole time.

The internal energy is by far the most important thing in magic imo.

1 Like