What's your experience with having witch friends in real life?

That’s true! I’ve never thought about performing a spell to meet more witches!

I have a few but most of them are solitary practitioners or are usually too busy to get together and do magic. The joys of being in your 20’s, I guess.

3 Likes
  • a lot of my friends who are are light workers and don’t like the ideas on black magick of “do what the fuck you want” so I get grief about that😆

• an extra hand! If I am drained from divination and need a hand for a reading my friends are willing to help

• teaching one another: the mentor can teach the student. And the student can mentor the teacher, everyone is a student until the day they die! So we like to teach each other things when we can.

• backing one another up. If one of us is sick or something and can’t defend themselves against attack or anything. That’s what we are there for🙂

6 Likes

I have an irl friend (met online and we still speak mostly online, but have met up in person) who I can talk about the Law and black magick with. It’s great, highly recommend. We don’t practice (as in, do rituals) together, but we support each other and have done some Law work and rituals and readings for each other back and forth. It’s nice when you can be chatting about work or something in one breath and in the next sentence you’re saying “so how did your ritual go the other day?”

6 Likes

Well it’s awesome if are friends and meet from time to time, have fun, do some Rituals or a Mass. Living together is a risk by discussions there will be destruction like Micro, dishwasher and stuff will not function even the weather can change and brenches fall on the wall or fence…
For a relationship it’s better a mundane

2 Likes

I’ve never had any long term witchy friends irl. So far those I’ve met have been quiet about it, and I wouldn’t have known if they hadn’t lashed out at me sometime later.

I’m all open in my house though. My husband and my housemate both know. My husbands clairsentient- which means he can feel my mood and often exactly what I mean without words, and he sometimes helps without even realizing he’s helping me. From gathering materials I need to grinding stuff up, or making me a wand on a whim.

He also brings me home little nature trinkets and bobbles- it’s always a surprise, something that he sees and makes him think of me. He doesn’t practice, but he does know how to direct prayer in a manner that is effective. He has a few reasons he doesn’t practice, most just pan out to lack of personal interest.

We also discuss and sometimes argue about where our differences in beliefs are, but usually we are arguing the same points, and one of us is just butthurt the other isn’t listening.

The housemate is familiar with allowing the spirit to work through you, but doesn’t feel it’s his job to seek it. We also discuss, I’ve done tarot readings for him, and accidentally helped him by figuring out something he’d been missing for a few years.

So I’m open about my practice though I cringe still when one of the two of them lovingly calls me the witchy-poo or the witchdoctor openly to others, but that’s an interior problem, not an exterior one. I still feel flustered anytime I’m asked about what I’m preparing or planning- I’m not very good at dumbing down what I’m doing or figuring out how to not feel like I sound crazy.

However. There is a certain amount of… satisfaction to be held in the knowledge that I don’t have hide, my family doesn’t always understand what I mean- but they do defer to me, ask questions from time to time out of the blue for better understanding, and ultimately- they trust me with their lives and their protection, even if it takes them a minute to catch up to me and understand me in though process.

That’s honestly pretty cool, despite my own inner demons, doubts, fears and nerves.

1 Like

I used to have “witch friends” in real life, but I found that I was just bad at keeping up with friends.

I definitely was the “go-to” for our friend group when it came to jar spells and whatnot. It can be exhausting when you have results where others have not–then you wind up being the magical mule with a cabinet of jar spells, haha.

I will admit, though, that this was the best way for me to get experience. I could attempt things for people and if they were magically inclined they could give me better study data because they usually know what to look for.

IMO, and I’ve posted a lot on the topic, I feel like the quest to enlightenment is a lonesome one. You don’t want to get caught up in the influence of others, and I worry that peer pressure could throw me off course again.

4 Likes