Whats the meaning of life to you guys?

I thought it would be an interesting question to us fellow magicians since we might have a better idea than the general public.

7 Likes

TO CRUSH MY ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE ME, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THE WOMEN!!!

couldn’t help it. XD

17 Likes

The struggle to try and achieve individual, independent divinity. To become a God amongst other Goddesses and Gods! I try to view life through the paradigm of self-divinity (which takes conscious effort) and I act on my own Godhood - as it is now and as it develops throw exercise.

Al.

11 Likes

Success at all.

3 Likes

To be separated from the infinite. To forge my specific awareness through struggle. To develop an ego with enough Philos to appreciate the rest of infinity, and enough Ire to remain apart from it.

8 Likes

What he said. :+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

I’ll settle for that, we’re all just ideas held in the mind of the All (IMO) so might as well go for the guts and the glory! :+1:

Also, ice cream, and good food in general, that’s pretty damned excellent. :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Im tired of trying to figure that out.
So now I just want to live the rest of this life like it was going to end tomorrow.
Do and try new and exciting things take as much info with me when I do pass.

6 Likes

Well if we are going big…

Transdimensional Timelord. :japanese_ogre:

10 Likes

42!

12 Likes

To be, and to try to enjoy being during this brief speck of life in this meat suit.

7 Likes

To live for an indeterminate amount of time, and then you die.

5 Likes

Bringing light to people who are in need. And nowadays I try to take care of myself more to. Oh and learn, learn, learn to become…

5 Likes

To find our own little way to be free, at peace, and central to our own life story. I personally want to happily dawdle about in my own prolific gardens on my successful future Homestead, providing for myself, completely un-obligated to accept the things that make us less free, rob us of our peace, and put others over us in the power hierarchy of our own time.

7 Likes

To live…

4 Likes

To become an eternal philosopher-magus, to gather knowledge and power for the rest of time, to perceive the the infinite flowering, evolution, and mechanics of the universe through different levels of intellectual-spiritual apprehension and through the exercise of different abilities. ( Exotic Psychic abilities, immortality, extreme power, etc. have a beauty of their own, so this is not a purely passive endeavor).

To wield the powers and to see the world with the lens of eternity, as a way to obtain an eternal perspective on the things that I desire to know for myself.

Before Plato and Aristotle, before Socrates even, seekers of knowledge wandered the Greek ctiy-states, forever in search of knowledge.

You couldn’t call them mystics, and they weren’t initiated into the secret cults, all they had was the desire to know.

Now, I’m lucky to live in the time and to be attracted by the energies of this forum, to be given the opportunity to use Mysticism and Magick in order to supercharge my endeavors.

To be honest, @Castalia has a vision which appeals to me, because Magick, Mysticism, and the character provided through contemplation (Philosophy) could very well provide a peaceful, happy life where I don’t have to put up with the garbage that other people heap onto us for the sake of “service to others” at the expense of ourselves. However, learning about the possibility of being immortal, of traveling to alternate universes, timelines, and dimensions, the possibility of time travel, the existence of an infinite multitude of spirits, the Anti-transmigration of the Absolute, the infinite potential for growth, and the luck to live in the Age of the Adversary gives me the opportunity to live at the forefront of possibility for the rest of my existence.

That is beautiful, that is the use of power to actualize the visions and desires that I have. I have thought about this, about the beauty of power itself to push your own abilities to the extreme, purely for the sake of seeing how far you can push it. When you have created the life of your dreams, when things are going well, you still want more, because you know you can get more.

When you fish in the pool of eternity, you feed yourself for an eternity.

5 Likes

I’m going to be that asshole, but why does there have to be meaning? Life is life. It is what you make of it and can end on a whim. Its a period of time in which one organism (you) exists and then is snuffed out at the end.

6 Likes

To rend the veil between the worlds so that the ever-waiting Dark may flood into this reality and consume space, time, and our very essence with its eternally gaping maw. :dark_sunglasses:

4 Likes

That depends on the context of the question. If you mean it in terms of “what is the significance of the existence of life?” I don’t have an answer for you. If you mean it as what is the meaning I find in life, I would have to say to live. Purpose of existence or personal purpose are also both very different, extremely relevant questions. I don’t believe life has any meaning what so ever beyond what you give it, but is that not enough? What an amazing opportunity it is to be able to give your existence meaning based on your own perception, will, desire and experience…

1 Like

Purpose of life is to reproduce and have good sex