What would a chaos magick banishing ritual be like?

I quote Adam Blackthorne: ‘There’s a chaos tradition that says you should invent a banishing ritual of your own to ward off evil, or intrusive spirits’.

I think it was Phil Hine who wrote something like this one in another book: ‘spirits to the north, spirits to the west, to the south, est, above, below, blah blah, get out of the room’.

I’d add “get the f out” to emphasize the seriousness of the statement and to put more intention in the spiritual ass kick.

No ceremonies, no tools, no ingredients, no evocation…

What do you think? What would a chaos magick banishing ritual be like? and a ward?

1 Like

There are plenty of examples of chaos magick banishing rituals available on the internet. It basically involves using imagery and geometry that moves you so you have a personal connection to the ritual. In the chaos paradigm, belief fuels your magick, so anything works so long as you believe it does. There’s one I remember reading that involved visualizing four naked goddesses standing at the quarters with their wings extended, forming a square around the magician. I’ve personally done a version of the LBRP but replacing the archangels with the Justice League.

10 Likes

Thanks for the answer :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s simple and is effective: laugh out loud. You can also consecrate it with your guides so that tonality be always used to banish

4 Likes

Just laughing? :rofl: So far, the less complicated ritual I’ve heard of. The only problem is that you have to be in the mood. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Use yugioh cards that banish things. Charge and infuse with thoughtforms as needed.

5 Likes

No, you don’t. You can force yourself to laugh, and while it might feel unnatural in the beginning, with practice you’ll be able to guffaw anytime, anywhere.

6 Likes

What would a chaos magick banishing ritual be like?

It could be like anything really. Thats kind of the thing with chaos approaches :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personal Banishings can take on virtually any form and manner you choose.

To illustrate, 5 years ago I was alll about creating fairly complex Banishings that included Mudra-style hand gestures a la The Magicians tv show, and summoning complex superhero servitors.

These days I do a daily banishing that resembles a somewhat futuristic flight deck, and draws inspiration from The Fifth Element imagery.

4 Likes

Have you ever verified in any way that your personal banishments work? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like