What not to do when wanting to work with a King (or God)

So I am going to evoke King Paimon sometime shortly and as it is custom of me I am doing my research before hand (even though I got told by Lucifer to summon him I still like to know a few things before hand like what he likes for example and some history too so I do not waste his time asking him when there are other things I was advised to address with him) and I have just stumbled upon this little article. I was told by Lucifer to share so that other might know how not to speak to any of the Goetia Gods they decide to work with.

https://manitheuncanny.com/2015/11/10/my-1st-goetia-spirit-summoning-paimon/

Is it just me who feels the great disrespect the author of the article has done to King Paimon by talking to him the way she did?
Oh and by the way: it’s King Paimon not just Paimon!

Cheers

1 Like

The Goetic demons I talk to them like I would any normal person, I don’t over-complicate their position, when I meet them in their home I address them as King, duke, duchess, president [insert name] just as when they come to my Etheric place they do the same with whatever title I hold there plus my true name if I’ve shared it with them, other than that outside of it they address me the same as I address them.

I don’t feel disrespect from this mainly because just because you hold them in insanely high regards does not necessarily me others have to.

3 Likes

“If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
or walk with Kings, but never lose the common touch…”

I would not say that how he spoke was necessarily disrespectful. There is a way to be respectful to those you call who are of that rank without being overly flowery with it. In fact, I find that tends to gain you more respect from them.

However, I think this was more of a case of not knowing how to bargain well enough. King Paimon gave an offer of time it could be fulfilled, the magician tried to get the deal with 10% of the time available only, so the spirit walked away from it (as he did not specifically say he would accomplish the task after the magician pushed for a new timeline, but redirected the interaction with another question). They do have the free will to do that.

7 Likes

Ah, that person…I have read her account some time ago and the only thing that came to mind was “arrogant”. I personally completely disagree with the notion that these entities should be treated like trash and commanded to obey your will, or else you’ll call their “frustrating angel” who’s going to kick their asses. If that approach works for people (edit to add: and it does work, but not without certain consequences), that’s fine. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I also don’t see the point in worshipping them, especially since King Paimon and Lucifer themselves have told me not to worship anyone.

Imo the best way is a healthy middle ground where you treat them with the same respect you’d treat a business partner or someone you want to learn from. That’s what I personally did instinctively after researching and finding the worshipping point of view wasn’t for me, and I was also completely repulsed by the solomonic method which, to be perfectly honest with you, I think is ridiculous. Everyone and their mother will have a different opinion on that, some people will even think these entities are all in our mind. Since you’re working with Lucifer already, approaching King Paimon isn’t really that different. Their vibe isn’t the same, but they (to me, anyway) feel like they’re very compatible and similar in some ways.

5 Likes

Yeah I really despise disrespect of any form. For me it’s like: I want to be respected and therefore I am going to respect you the same way. But if you show less respect towards me I will then treat your requests with less regard mirroring the amount of respect you gave. However, when it comes to those who have all the knowledge I seek (be it older people or Old Gods in this case scenario) then I am very much more respectful towards them than how I want to be respected myself. After all, if it was me, I would not give my time or power to anybody who thinks they are just simply entitled to have it. It’s not about holding anybody in high regards, it’s simply address and speak to the other as you would like to be addressed or spoken to yourself. :slight_smile: You @anon48079295 say you do not over-complicate it which is good but also based on what you said on how you address them and they then address you it just seems to me that you follow the exact same principal of what I have just said (maybe just naturally, without even thinking about it). But there are many people on this forum, be it new ones or past ones that have or will make the mistake of truly disrespecting whomever they choose to work with. And that is why I have put this up here :slight_smile:

Cheers xx

1 Like

Well in a way yes, I show respect but I only address them as “king” Paimon or what have you when I am in his home or in the Infernal Pantheon on my etheric projection visits, otherwise I just call him Paimon (which some tend to find disrespectful but can’t be helped there) Paimon has never found issue with it but you’re right there are some common threads in thinking.

1 Like

Yes I agree, like I have replied just now to Velenos it is not about worship or anything like that, but about showing the same respect as you want to receive. That and plus I despise disrespect of any kind so much :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, but you have built a relationship with them. This author of that post evoked him for the first time and straight away was like: “Hey, I summoned you so do as I say”. It is an attitude that just rubs me in all the bad ways and for some reason I feel that when someone who has not evoked yet stumbles upon this thread, they should at least consider all that is being said by everybody who is answering and apply it to any and every being they decide to begin working with. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Addendum: this is not just about King Paimon. It’s about all beings you wish to work with.

4 Likes

Hi all! I did not know this forum existed. This is wonderful. I only know of the one Aaron Leitch and Co. host on FB since the days of yahoo and such and two others. My site pinged me this referral. Any-who…yes. I reposted on my new site since it was so popular and other magicians I know have referred the link. I wrote that piece back in ‘13 when first starting off following everything by the book / directly from the text as suggested by A.L., Frater Chassan, (I think I asked Jake and Misha at some point at various times?) and group. I’m sorry if the piece offended anyone. I tend to be rather to the point and not purple with my blog posts and kinda going over points of an experiment note taking dryly hoping it would be of benefit to those who are doing the work vs as to just reading about it and speculation. But yes, everything everyone has mentioned had been brought up before (even the possibility it not even being Paimon I spoke to. I think Aaron might have suggested that) - both on my site and in his FB group. Until recently (since the website was moved to a new host and redesigned for business during quarantine) it had all said comments and my replies. I am more than happy to answer questions regardless. I always wanted to do an update but then life (moved a lot then had a baby) happens. Then this year…eep! Hope everyone is doing well in quarantine despite everything. Cheers!

2 Likes

I find this pretty fasinating that you were talked about then all o a sudden your posting ovthe first time on this site. Anyways this site is awesome but you got to post a hello to the forum there’s a huge page or ou can just make a new one and introduce yourself, put stuff like experience years practicing types of magic you have engaged in.

2 Likes

I personally don’t see it as rude as the other people made it seem I just would have said thank you for appearing and when asking if they could do it in less time it would have been asking not stating I needed it immediately.

2 Likes