What method of creating the Body of Light would you suggest?

Hi there,

So glad to see there is a forum available. I have spent the past 20 years studying and practicing a variety of paths and traditions, although I mostly focused on Traditional British Witchcraft and Kabbalah, but not necessarily the Western Mystery Tradition. Recently however, after a 3 or 4 year period where I broke all contact with the magickal world, I have come back and I am moving in the direction of the LHP. The why is a longer explanation which doesn’t relate to my question, so I’ll leave that alone for now, except to say that I feel like starting from scratch, and I am excited about it.

Anyway, creating the Body of Light within the LHP formats has caused me to ask the question. With the versions from the Hermetic traditions, we would be looking at incorporating the LBRP and Middle Pillar exercise amongst other things, but for some reason it doesn’t feel right to me anymore to call on the assistance of Archangels or to vibrate the Names of God. So, doing some research we come across the Infernal Middle Pillar ritual and the various versions of the LBRP, but they just don’t make sense to me. Taking the names and changing them to infernal names doesn’t seem right, there seems to be a general misunderstanding of what the Names of God mean and what they do, especially when you are vibrating or overtoning them, i.e. unlocking certain energies.

I have also read Ford’s Luciferian Witchcraft which mentions the body of light exercise in the Goetia section, but it almost seems like you need to have created the body of light in order to achieve the body of light.

I am very confused, and some of it may be because although I am moving into my “new practice” and leaving the old behind, I need to find a bridge between the two and starting from scratch may be an impossible task. So, this is why I ask for your opinion on which method to use, mostly a jumping off point.

Thank you in advance for your advise if you get around to replying.

Lee