What made YOU want to start practicing?

I am super curious to hear some stories of why you started on your path if you’d like to share with me! What was your first experience that really set it in motion that this is what you want to do and continue to do. Kind of your, “holy shit it worked!” moment.

It makes things a little easier for a bby in this world like me to see we all started from the same place with little to no knowledge of wtf we’re actually doing. There is so much to learn and so much to do it does get a little intimidating at times.

6 Likes

I had to learn how to protect myself from unwanted voices when I was a child.
Luckily I wasn’t alone with this, since I could talk openly about it with my mother and she did the right thing by

1. Sending me to a psychologist and
  2. Teaching me techniques to control my thoughts, cleanse myself and banish.

She also taught me a lot about herbalism and how to properly word my wishes and goals. I consider myself very lucky that I never unlearned to see magick.

9 Likes

Your mother is the mom I aspire to be to my son! That’s amazing! :heartpulse: thank you for sharing with me.

6 Likes

Sleep paralysis
Definitely sleep paralysis
As an eight year old it lets you have real hard evidence that something else is out there

and so I became infatuated with why/how some of the entities or shadow people I witnessed would protect me from other shadow people whilst the angels/spirits associated with my church would not.

6 Likes

I was guided to! I don’t like to read but for some reasons I am so into magickal subjects!
The spirits never left me be :rofl: they keep teaching me and giving me tools to practice!
One thing that proved to be true is that everytime I learn something that seems useless to me, I get in a situation that only putting what I have learnt to action saved me!
When life is unstable, this practice gives me control over my life.

8 Likes

And now that you’ve been doing this awhile I’m assuming, did you find out what entities or spirits were protecting you? I find that so beautiful to think about that as a child you got to see them actively protecting you. In my life I’ve always been scared, it’s kind of what was drilled into me by family, religion, and even Hollywood. All that junk. So at a young age to see that there’s something out there choosing to protect you? Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy lmaoo😂 Thank you for sharing with me!

3 Likes

I love that you said this! I’ve always been a huge reader and a mythology nerd lol so I started reading up on it. This grew into learning about how people work with these pantheons I used to be obsessed with which turned into witchcraft and occult type books. Once this started I really felt like I was being called as well and was supposed to be doing more but I just never did. Now it’s like a kick in the ass that I need to get myself working on it lol.

Thank you for sharing! Your last sentence 🤌🤌 that is what I am striving for.

2 Likes

When I saw witches were real, I decided flying on a broomstick was also possible. I’m not lying, I legit wanted to know if flying was possible :joy: (not talking about air vehicles of course)

Apart from that, it just opened up a whole new world to me. And I believed I could do what I wanted to do, live my dreams.

6 Likes

Ayo… I’m here for the flying broomsticks… Are we not doing that??:eyes: lmaooo. That’s great. I’m glad you’re honest​:joy:

5 Likes

Some are :eyes:
I saw in a video that it’s a psychedelic thing. Being prone to getting obsessed with things I decided to not risk it.

3 Likes

STOP
I was totally kidding but now I’m about to go down the rabbit hole​:sob::sob:

2 Likes

I’m sorry :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Curiosity. I started because of an article on chaos magick by Grant Morrison. And since Morrison lives in a manor and I don’t, I assumed he should know something I didn’t.

9 Likes

I respect this answer fully lol. I’ll look him up and check out what I find! thank you!

2 Likes

Is the only answer I have. I used to be such a hardcore atheist that Dawkins looked like a priest by comparison.

The good thing about the article is that it even gives you a banishment method, so I read for like an hour and then jumped to practice. And I got the habit of banishing, even when magick wasn’t working for me.

4 Likes

Well, I thought that engineering would automatically make money, and that if I married an engineer, he would make a lot of money. Then reality set in, the reality of not getting ahead financially and the tough and abusive job market out there.
The only reality I knew was about being an engineer, so I started to do magick, because, well I know this stuff isn’t real, but reality leaves me out of options anyway, so might as well dabble in stuff that isn’t real.

7 Likes

A desire to be better than most people (sounds edgy I know).

At first my goal was to be a vampire. I did multiple rituals wasting candles and stuff lol then I learned about real Magick. I went on and off struggling with anxiety and eventually did it again to stand out and be edgy via Satanism took another break and realized I needed to progress in life then I met some other Deities and am on the path to progress.

What made me believe it was real though idk I guess even as a kid I believed in it and when Deities started speaking to me, things almost always ended up taking place like they said. I’m far from an expert but I’ve been progressing

7 Likes

I grew up in a Christian (Church of Christ) household that still somehow acknowledged ghosts and stuff. Plus to this day the house I grew up in is haunted as fuck. My parents saw shit, but the cognitive dissonance with their faith led them to be very handwavy about it all. However I was a very intelligent child and was always looking to learn about what I saw. So my brain went: ghosts are real, therefore spiritual energy must be real, therefore chi energy and stuff must be real…

So I started practicing energy manipulation and such at about age 8-10. And from there it’s an easy leap to magic.

9 Likes

Revenge. And after I’ve got that out of the way I have been tricked into actually learning something. Amazing.

12 Likes

I was never interested in the occult although in my family there are 2 mediums advanced in the arts.

A few years ago I was bewitched with love magic by a selfish, traitorous, characterless girl.
I was treated like garbage and subjected myself to unacceptable things that I would never do in my right mind.
It was a constant and endless torment.

It was at this time that I discovered that magic works and it was real.

But I also found that there are many deceivers and charlatans deceiving people by promising help and happiness in exchange for money.

I decided to help myself, and I solved these problems one by one.
I took revenge on those who deceived me or wronged me, including charlatans, and today I feel good with the little I know and practice.

12 Likes