What is the Demonic Hierarchy

Yo. So I am creating a website/blog type thing and decided to include the Demonic Hierarchy in it. Since I don’t know how it went I decided to come here. I know the Emperor is at the top but that’s about all I know so if someone could help that’d be useful.

1 Like
2 Likes

Which hierarchy?

There are a great many different ones, and Lucifer is NOT at the top of all of them (i assume that is who you meant by “Emperor”)

1 Like

Once again, you prove just how pretentious you are by pontificating on things you have no knowledge of.

First off, the Hierarchy is fairly consistent throughout the grimoires with a few omissions or additions here and there.

ARS GOETIA IS NOT DESCRIBING A HIERARCHY! It’s a catalog of spirits which is pretty much taken from Pseudomonarchia Daemonum with the omission of Pruflas and additions of spirits from the ACTUAL hierarchy (of Liber Officiorum Spirituum) which was rather random, e.g… Paimon is listed among the other 8 Kings which are BELOW him. Or the mentions of Amaymon, Lucifer and Oriens (who was translated as “powers of the East”…lol") yet there are no sigils and offices for them. And let’s not forget the mistranslations of the damned text by Mathers as well as the conjurations being taken from the Heptameron. It’s a hodge-podge text which needs to be buried and forgotten.

If you really want to see the hierarchy, just look into the Liber Officiorum Spirituum or the Book of Oberon. THAT is the basis for the list of spirits of both Weyer’s list of demons (Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) as well as the Ars Goetia’s list. There’s also the Hygromanteia, of course, which predates Liber Officiorum Spirituum but that’s a part of a different tradition. That text is the basis for the Grimorium Verum hierarchy.

And, guess what, in either of these texts, Lucifer is the Emperor. Lucifer. 3-4 Chiefs. Four Cardinal Kings. The hierarchy is fairly consistent. Get over it.

I would not sound so abrasive if you were not so eager to prattle on about things you don’t know with such confidence, and an ever so slight condescending tone.

3 Likes

@SITHISIT get your hands on the Liber Officiorum Spirituum if you want a sensible hierarchy. Most people here don’t even know about the grimoires which are not mainstream. In fact, most here are clinging onto the Ars Goetia which is a disgusting, abominable Frankenstein’s monster of a text.

1 Like

So @DarkestKnight controls what you type, eh? Neat, I must ask him for the spell. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ll flag your comment for spam, you idiot shit-poster. And then Lady_Eva will ban–

Wait a minute…

2 Likes

Hmm… Didn’t think about that. I’m not only referring to Lucifer as the emperor but the other emperors(I don’t the name of the others). But I guess I’m talking about the western system hierarchy. Ah, fuck man I really don’t know a thing about this. Uugghh.

1 Like

Thank you. That should do well.