What is intention?

The answer is yeah they are meant to but it’s only to imbue you into a particular ritual… loosen up. Nothing has meaning if you view it as meaningless and everything has meaning if you believe it does

So in every grimoire ever… Where they told you burn certain herbs/incenses… Hold this rock, say these words… Blah blah blah… You theorised from that, that it might represent something? From your own volition?

I look in herb and crystal encyclopedia to see the supposed properties of the different crystals and herbs. I seek ways to program my magick as it’s the part i experience troubles.

Visualisation, affirmation, mantra, enns, symbology… If you believe in crystals and herbs as having significance then combine them in a way that suits your operation.

This was the part I was replying to btw

I don’t think you understand my question. My question is the symbology is a form of visualization of the purpose?

It’s a fetish link and not the relevant/accurate representation of the visualisation/purpose.

I think you will be able to decide what intention is q after you read this

Intention = will = desire = what you want by doing magick = your goal

So if you want x decide to do ritual y to get result a the intent (wanting x) us present already. The degree of intent is a different question (whether it’s like wanting a Big Mac because you’re online at McDonald’s or you want this and will just die without it figuratively speaking).

Intent is always present in everything you do magickally or mundanely (mundane like you get out of bed to go to the mens room the intent of getting up
Is to relieve yourself or you put the kettle on the intent is hot water whether for tea or coffee or other).

Intent just means why your doing it or what you want out of doing it (it being an action magick or mundane)

If your conscious and alive you always have some of intent in whatever you’re doing whether you’re aware of it or not (nor would be shifting your ass in your seat you might not even be thinking about it but the intent is to be more comfortable).

Add: it only sounds hard cause outside of magick circles people don’t normally talk about intent they just do whatever. Magickians on the other hand mention it a lot :person_shrugging:

Add: as to your question the visualization is a part of it yes. It makes you more aware of the reason so you focus on it more then you would in the everyday theoretically speaking.

1 Like

Thank you :sob::sob::sob:

The intention is the goal of your magick, so to say. If you do magick because you want something to change, changing that something is the intention.

Programming is tailoring your magick to achieve the intention – to get it to change reality in conformity with your intent.

Usually, you decide on your intention and, once you start the ritual, you then ‘program’ it [the magick]. So, no, AFAIK simply deciding on what you want to change is not enough to program it. The ‘programming’ part happens during the ritual. It can take various forms, as mentioned before in this thread, such as petitioning entities, creating sigils, or chanting/repeating affirmations, but it usually either happens during the ritual or is the ritual itself.

They can be both, really.

You can both use the energy of the planet to infuse your magick, or you can raise energy and direct it (i.e., program it) toward something that has to do with that planet, something that’s within that planet’s, let’s say, “domain”.

This is programming. You’re channeling the ‘raised energy’ toward your goal, toward changing what you want to change. It’s the “tailoring” I mentioned.

1 Like

Personally, I’m not sure what I think about this. Some people say that power does exist within the objects (planets, herbs, crystals), while others say they only have ‘power’ because we think they do; as Vodka said, “belief is virtually worthless unless you believe in it”.

I don’t know who is right, but I have seen people get results in both cases. Some people believe that there is power in the objects and their magick works, while some people believe the power is in the operator, and their magick also works. So, you can probably in believe either.

1 Like

It works either way. It depends on the guy

1 Like

Generally both are correct.

Depends on the casters disposition.

Some said that herbs do have little power but they first becomes effective when they are infused with the elements. I sense the earth element is the power house of this kind of magick.

Well, that’s not exactly what I meant.

The question is whether herbs have any power at all, in and of themselves, or whether it is our belief that gives them power.

People seem to be able to do magick in both one case and the other, that is, you can believe in either option and you’ll be able to work magick.

2 Likes

The question is more about the power of symbolism. That the supposed properties of the herbs and crystals becomes the visualization of the intention by the magician that directs the magick into them.

1 Like

A simple visualization technique:

(I know.) It seems cheesy, but the info here is pretty accurate. And the technique can be adapted for rituals etc.

Press Your Third Eye for 30 Seconds & You’ll Never Be the Same…