What is a viking diet?

I feel really drained and hungry from ritual often, but in a good way, like going to the gym.
Does anyone else feel this way? Sometimes I feel like eating a horse. What is a good diet?

1 Like

Well a strange but actually healthy diet is eating raw eggs, raw milk and raw meat.
It won’t kill you to eat these things but you would have to buy them from a butcher shop of some sort. (The healtier the animal is the better quality meat you get and the same goes for milk and eggs).

Just look into it and see what you think…

3 Likes

Erm not sure where you got that info from but drinking raw milk and eating raw eggs and meat is a great diet if you want to risk getting salmonella, e-coli, Listeria and a fucked up digestive system due to the bacteria living in that shit!

3 Likes

That is exactly what everyone will tell you. But the truth is that raw eggs, raw milk and raw meat are very good for you.
I am not saying you should go out and by some meat from your local grocery store and eat it raw.
I am saying you should go to a local farm or butcher shop that is well known to be trust worthy.
Now as for evidence to support eating these raw things you should research aajonus vonderplanitz and a Youtuber named sv3rige. They explain a lot about and even show you them eating raw meat… As well as rotten raw meat. But the aajonus vonderplanitz guy is a certified nutritionist and has been eating this way for over 20 years. He has done studies on different things related to this.

I am not trying to critique you but i thought i should mention where i get this information from. (And you don’t have to believe everything they say… Just look at this with an open mind).

4 Likes

Vikings ate a mix of meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, wild greens, bread and fruit. Drank ale and mead.
Meats, vegetables and breads were cooked over the hearth.
Rich stews would have been a staple and also porridge sweetened with honey.

4 Likes

Yes they did.
Doesn’t mean it was the best food but it was good enough to stay strong and fit.
They survived on it.

1 Like

And I never said it was the best food, just answering the thread title!
Not getting into an argument with you over this as it’ll derail, which would be rather rude.
I’m also a qualified nutritionist and would never advise anyone to drink raw milk or eat rotten meat (which even animals will avoid) but if you wish to do so…enjoy!

2 Likes

Understood.
Just showing you where i get my information from.
Simply research it if you are interested enough.

No harm no foul :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s what he said…

(I’m only slightly sorry)

Natural starches.

Try sweet potato, butternut squash, other squashes.
Cut them up and eat raw or baked/grilled only. Add these items heavily to your existing diet.

1 Like

Yes, I’m thinking really nutritious root vegetables, and bone marrow. Didnt know you could eat a yam raw.

Absolutely! Cube it or do long slices or like fry cut. The butternut squash is very very high in the starches. I do recommend baking that until softened up…it’s extremely hard.
The starches will replenish you. The marrow is probably good…you could make a soup with it and maybe some crookneck squash. Savory. Use cayenne pepper as well. You need more heat inside.

bread wine mutton and beer…ever played Skyrim look at what those nords ate…

raw-mutton-500x500