What I think Magick is and how it works

While doing tarot one day I was pondering the functions of the deck, tarot being something I have done dozens and dozens of hours over I (like anyone else closely familiar with their deck) have seen some weird shit happen. When you ask the same question over and over and the cards repeat the same answer reading after reading, when you keep pulling cards to cross a particular spot and it expands by repeating the message with several different cards, how some people will get the same cards pop up in every reading for them for months or maybe even years.

I had come to the conclusion that how tarot worked was the active manipulation of probability, that every card at the top of the deck is the undecided ā€œfactorā€ and that that factor both is and isnt (applying newtons laws to the card) every single card in the deck. It is and isnt the tower, it is and isnt the empress, the idea is that the only reason the ā€œisā€ probability of each card could line up with the placement in the layout in order to give the same message for multiple readings or pull the same card up every time you do a reading on a particular person is if the probability itself is being manipulated. Thats why the randomness of which card you pull lines up, or likewise if you practice vodun its why you see the chicken bones fall into their respective areas.

This idea can be stretched even further though. Applied to money magick? You need to have a friend to loan you the money, a job to give you a bonus, a couple side gigs to randomly spike up. Love magick? Looking specifically at general find love spells and not specific-person based ritual, you would need to have friends that could introduce you, being going outside, be on dating sites. The Magick itself does not ā€œcreateā€ something that is not there, it merely increases or decreases the probability of the world around you based on how you morph your perception of reality, thats why its so important to be doing the tangible aspect of Magick in order for probability itself to be easier and more assessable to manipulate.

What do yall think? This is an idea Iā€™ve talked about a lot and I would love to know if there way anything I missed or overlooked

1 Like

I tend to agree. Itā€™s like if you need a job, you would more likely find one if you are actively looking for one.

1 Like

Certainly plausible, however, I am not a fan of taking the magic out of magick lol.

I do think magick should be something more than statistical analysis, and thus I would argue magick expresses itself in a variety of modalities, and the mode you describe is one particular mode in which energy can affect reality.

I know also though that there is a kind of infernal energy that connects people in a current and grants them a magickal unity. The serpent devouring its tail is the metaphor for self-enclosed self-eating energy that forms a void that continuously drives the need to continue to devour itself.

THAT is the real satanic and infernal energy and is what is meant by the eternity of hell. Itā€™s hugely emotionally based and rather illogical, as a result of envy. But there are entities out there who subsist off this mentality and I believe THEY are the ones who are drawing in the satanic killers and psychopaths.

But yeah, magick is also magical, not just statistics, insofar as the preternatural gets involved and does the unexpected. I mean, a demon can rob from one person and give to another, so I donā€™t see why that couldnā€™t happen.

1 Like

from what iā€™ve observed, spiritual work in general influences our perspective, by expanding it, defining it. you start realizing that things you desire are already around you (or the means of getting them at least), you just havenā€™t been paying attention.
this process starts somewhere in the subconscious. and takes time for it to become a conscious decision and then starts manifesting as reality.

you donā€™t need a friend to lend you the money necessarily. you can always get fired and ā€˜be forcedā€™ to find a better paying job haha :slight_smile:
magick will find a way, for sure, but again, i believe our perception plays a role in that too.

3 Likes