What happens if you trap a well known entity?

This is a question I posed on EA’s face book page. Most of the time when you trap an entity in my experience, it will be an unknown that most people don’t know about. But what would happen if you trapped a well known entity like someone from the goetia and then someone else tried to evoke that entity afterwards?

Do you think you could trap such an entity? An entity that can be evoked by a million different magicians and fulfill each request doesn’t seem like such an easy mark to me.

Do you think you could trap such an entity? An entity that can be evoked by a million different magicians and fulfill each request doesn’t seem like such an easy mark to me.[/quote]

What you need to remember is that those entities aren’t nearly as powerful as the godforms people can access under the proper cerumstances, if you couldn’t normally, you could when accessing that power.

I still don’t think it would be a trivial undertaking by any stretch, if it is even feasible at all. If they could be trapped, why wouldn’t someone have trapped them by now?

I know this doesn’t answer your question, but it seems to be an answerless question to me… like “what if water wasn’t wet?”

But that doesn’t make it not worth thinking about, just my thinking on it.

If one considers the concept of the unity of all things and accepts that all things are directly connected then I think we can gain insight into this issue as well as a way of conceptualising an element of their actions.

When we trap or bind an entity I believe what we are doing is placing a higher degree of control over the link between that entity and outselves. By doing so we prevent any unwanted effects or attacks coming towards (by controlling what “signal” flow towards us on the link) and also are able to exert more control over the entity action in changing the world (by increasing the strength of signals flowing towards the entity).

I don’t believe entities to be limited in time/space the way we are (depending on skill) so trapping an entity in the way you might perhaps trap an animal, by binding it wholly to an object (ie a cage) would be impossible.

This model is pretty simplified (as always) and it only applies up to a certain point of development.

Yea, I’m interested to see other perspectives on this.

I would of thought the Catholic church would of done that a long time ago in order to keep people from spiritual advancement and to horde all the power.

Considering most well known beings can be omnipresent. (I’m sure we aren’t the only person evoking that entity at that time) I’m not sure how one might trap something that can be everywhere. Although creating an object to become better connected with that entity is quite feasible.

You can only trap an entity if you’re the only one (or one of the few people) who know its name. Simply speaking or even thinking its name will release it.

I’m going to go over this in great detail in the Mastering Evocation course.

[quote=“E.A., post:9, topic:762”]You can only trap an entity if you’re the only one (or one of the few people) who know its name. Simply speaking or even thinking its name will release it.

I’m going to go over this in great detail in the Mastering Evocation course.[/quote]

Ah, well that clears that up, I kind of suspected it might be something like that. So yeah if you get something trapped I suppose its best to keep its identity secret until its under your control.

I would assume that this only applies to humans speaking or thinking its name. The one I have has got some buddies, they stay away though because they know theyed get the same treatment if they tried anything. also I’m not 100% sure the name I got from this one was correct , but I’ll be making sure about that in the future.

[quote=“E.A., post:9, topic:762”]You can only trap an entity if you’re the only one (or one of the few people) who know its name. Simply speaking or even thinking its name will release it.

I’m going to go over this in great detail in the Mastering Evocation course.[/quote]

Solomons magick or a mention of it to remove dissinfo is something that needs addressing considering the wide spread publication of his magickal workings, and the legendary vessel that housed the 72 GOETIA Daimona

Is there any truth to a dibik box (spelling) I believe the Jews used them to trap demons. First I saw it in the movie possession, but then saw an episode on one of those paranormal shows where they were interviewing people whose lives were in shambles when they received one of these box’s.

posession is supposed to be “based on a true story” and by that the only thing the movie has in common with what really happened is that there was a haunted box, and the similarities pretty much end there. But yeah the box in question may not have even been a trap, if it was, it wasn’t a very good one since the entity in question had no problems fucking with the box’s owners, it mightve just been a box that some entity attached to for some reason.

There are workings with spirit boxes but most are not meant to trap anything but house it. They become a sort of Fetich. These can become extremely dangerous if worked incorrectly and need serious care taking.