What field do you guys work in? + A little story about my boss XD

I’m not in a field yet, but I’m studying for my bachelors at a vet tech, so most likely my field is going to be a veterinary field.

1 Like

It takes an emotional, caring, empathic person to do this job. Or any nursing regardless of the field. Don’t let being sensitive or emotional stop you. I was told by my professor that I wouldn’t make it because I got to involved with patients but I find that this is my biggest strength really. Especially in hospice, you spend days, weeks, months with the same people. People, nurses and non nurses alike often think it’s really depressing to do this job because of the nature of the care but I found that it is incredibly uplifting and when I go home I feel like what I did really mattered. It’s an honor to be in the presence of someone who’s dying. To share that with someone and to be able to be there for them. It’s a sacred time. It can be a time of peace and comfort. And I do have a little mental breakdown every once in a while and some patients affect you more than others but feeling sad for losing a patient or feeling pain doesn’t scare me, feeling nothing does. You just need to be able to counterbalance the heaviness in your daily life. Funeral service worker would be really interesting to me too.

3 Likes

If I told you, I would have to kill you.

4 Likes

If I told you, I would have to kill you

She’s a spy. :anguished:

5 Likes

You’ve revealed her secret… you might be her next target :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Maybe–maybe not, but for other reasons.

2 Likes

Lmao :joy:.
Nah. That would be actually a pretty shitty job.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have all the magnification

3 Likes

I have all the magnification

He could see a queen ant’s tits.

4 Likes

Imperative work to be honest.

“Hey I am an ant tits observer”.

4 Likes

I wake up, check my phone and the first thing I see is this thread talking about queen ant tits XD