What can you do next? If you're feeling stuck, or lost, etc

I’ve posted a couple of times on here about how the iconic productivity book “The Now Habit” asks you to just make a start, don’t think about the desired end result, don’t stress about how far you are from your goals, etc., so I hope a few new and not-so-new magicians who are maybe at a loss will find this thread, and ask yerselves this question:

What can I do next? Where can I start?

No-one (as far as I know) is “there” with all magick, all the time, everything material sorted and everything magickal whizzing along nicely, so we’re all on a learning curve, all have things we want and don’t yet have - but if we let the sometimes dizzying gap between where we are now, and where we want to be, give us psychic vertigo, then we’re probably going to start doubting, worrying, and doing all the stuff we really don’t want to spend any time on.

Thoughts?

Comments on what’s next for you?

Mine is, record the “reverse afrin” that EA used in his Azi Dahaka invocation and which really resonates, I’ve been a bit of an idiot this afternoon wasting time so I could have done that today, but didn’t… also, more, but there is bound to be at least one simple, practical thing that you can say “That’s next” for you on your path.

Anyone? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I’m embracing the “monster” image that Nidhogg proposed with Belial’s “legend” image. Two sides of the Godslayer coin!

Anyway, someone on this forum thinks I’m not worth my shit, so I’ll direct them to Europe and tell them “wait and see”.

I’m in the mood for something… dangerous, daring, to occur in that area.

It’s not simple and it’ll require time, but it is ultimately next.

Eternally,

-Sev

I plan on doing a 4 month Parthworking for the Elements and there Kings.
I aim for an Evocation at the end of every month.
And do most of my training focused on one Element at a time. Like emotional Work in the month of water and visualization in the month of fire.

@Sev: Could you pick a another Target than Europe? Cause IF you succeeded it would inconvenience me.

IF I succeeded?

It’s WHEN, Vergil. pats you on the back WHEN.

Eh, Europe, Britain, Italy, they’re all interchangeable. And after I fix one of these countries that I was given the green light to do so, then it’s back to Vesuvius.

So… how big an inconvenience we talking?

That depends on what you mean by “dangerous, daring, to occur in that area.”
I build myself a nice place here using the rules of the game now played… So don’t shake up to much. I remember reading (form you) Civilization is a tool so don’t brake it.

Ahhh, our American school system in all of its glory! :smiley:

College really does warp the mind!

Vergil, unfortunately, civilization keeps on growing. So if I break it once, it’ll just come back again.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:1, topic:2868”]I’ve posted a couple of times on here about how the iconic productivity book “The Now Habit” asks you to just make a start, don’t think about the desired end result, don’t stress about how far you are from your goals, etc., so I hope a few new and not-so-new magicians who are maybe at a loss will find this thread, and ask yerselves this question:

No-one (as far as I know) is “there” with all magick, all the time, everything material sorted and everything magickal whizzing along nicely, so we’re all on a learning curve, all have things we want and don’t yet have - but if we let the sometimes dizzying gap between where we are now, and where we want to be, give us psychic vertigo, then we’re probably going to start doubting, worrying, and doing all the stuff we really don’t want to spend any time on.

Thoughts?

Mine is, record the “reverse afrin” that EA used in his Azi Dahaka invocation and which really resonates, I’ve been a bit of an idiot this afternoon wasting time so I could have done that today, but didn’t… also, more, but there is bound to be at least one simple, practical thing that you can say “That’s next” for you on your path.

Anyone? :)[/quote]

Something clicked when I decided to change myself and the world, rather than remain in a transcendent state.

I decided with action. Some decisions I have made since involved joining BALG, remaining active on this forum, and reading EA’s books.

I’ll be working though the courses, in addition to fully re-vamping my entire physical body, mind, and finances. New car, new house, new friends, more fulfilling relationships, etc. I’m also preparing myself to immerse myself in a long term path of applied sorcery to expand my power and ability to control my world. At the moment I’m working through the divination course, and I’m about one month into a 300 day, 3 times a day, self programming operation, to re-align my subconscious thoughts into success patterns, in addition to a couple other projects.

I’m all in for the long term and I estimate at minimum several years of things to achieve, and an unknown amount of dross to burn, and unknown obstacles to avoid, or remove.

What changed was the fundamental principal you mention Lady Eva, to take action instead of thinking about it. I think most of us who are not just beginning dabblers know that. The difference is now, I am doing it, daily.

1 Like

[quote=“NariusV, post:8, topic:2868”][quote=“Lady Eva, post:1, topic:2868”]I’ve posted a couple of times on here about how the iconic productivity book “The Now Habit” asks you to just make a start, don’t think about the desired end result, don’t stress about how far you are from your goals, etc., so I hope a few new and not-so-new magicians who are maybe at a loss will find this thread, and ask yerselves this question:

Thoughts?

Anyone? :)[/quote]

Something clicked when I decided to change myself and the world, rather than remain in a transcendent state.

I decided with action. Some decisions I have made since involved joining BALG, remaining active on this forum, and reading EA’s books.

I’ll be working though the courses, in addition to fully re-vamping my entire physical body, mind, and finances. New car, new house, new friends, more fulfilling relationships, etc. I’m also preparing myself to immerse myself in a long term path of applied sorcery to expand my power and ability to control my world. At the moment I’m working through the divination course, and I’m about one month into a 300 day, 3 times a day, self programming operation, to re-align my subconscious thoughts into success patterns, in addition to a couple other projects.

I’m all in for the long term and I estimate at minimum several years of things to achieve, and an unknown amount of dross to burn, and unknown obstacles to avoid, or remove.

What changed was the fundamental principal you mention Lady Eva, to take action instead of thinking about it. I think most of us who are not just beginning dabblers know that. The difference is now, I am doing it, daily.[/quote] That is awesome to hear, Narius! That’s exactly what I am doing with my prosperity work, breaking, and then recreating, my world.