What are your thoughts on Spirit Abuse?

Damn right man!

I wanted to add…it’s good to keep all the options on the table if a spirit decides to get ugly with you. I personally feel much safer knowing I have options of redress and retaliation if this were to happen. If I felt endangered or abused by a spirit these days I’d first seek reconciliation, if that didn’t work, then excorcism and cutting ties, if that didn’t work then payback and war Solomonic style. If diplomacy fails I’d resort to tyranny…lol.

6 Likes

That sounds terrible.

It just makes sense to be respectful. At the same time, I am not having any results being respectful.

1 Like

I can’t say much I don’t rely on demons, I rely on myself or I reach out to a God or Goddess (rarely)

3 Likes

Thank you for the input here.

I don’t feel like I’m abusing a spirit to evoke it into my triangle before me.

Do you get better results with or without the triangle and what triangle do you use (If you don’t mind)?

I have one of the below.

2 Likes

We use the same triangle of art. I like yours better though. With spirits it takes practice man. When alot of people new to magick start practicing the Goetia or evocation in general the door gets slammed in thier face quite abit it seems like. I could be wrong and for sure that’s not everyone’s experience but it seems to be something I observe frequently.

The answer to this is practice, practice, practice and keep your morale high and keep poise and confidence.

Btw I always use the triangle and circle in my style of evocation. Sometimes if I’m working outside I’ll make a triangle of candles too. I feel the triangle allow the spirit a place of dignity to sit in and helps it in manifestation.

You can evoke without it. But I feel there are safety issues there and I won’t operate that way. Some people who follow the demonaltry way of thinking feel exactly the opposite of me and that’s fine if everything works out well for them. For me I’m going to do it the way I learned how that I know actually works.

3 Likes

I tjhink there’s a kind of slanted J-curve - moderate first results/contact (which seems quite surprising to people who are not used to it or expecting anything), then a dip into feeling frustrated, lost, was it all a delusion, then if they keep going, incremental, erratic, quantum leaps, not steady slogging progress.

Using your opening peak to get a mentor seems well-advised, to shorten the dip, and open pathways to the ascent. :thinking:

5 Likes

You should treat the Spirits with respect and honor they are powerful beings that live in a dimension much higher than the one you live in and you want them to do something for you provide appropriate sacrifice and don’t be rude

4 Likes

That’s a very good way to put it.

1 Like

The words Angel and Demon were invented by the abrahamic religions they are all Elder gods

2 Likes

Spirit abuse is real. I know that black magicians that hold the souls of those recently passed on from earth and keep them trapped in a jar for use. They can open the jar and administer the spirits to go forth with command. It’s a sad thing, because it could be a family that died by accident that end up being in these jars. So it’s not just “spirits” from the aether, also spirits that have passed here on earth…

4 Likes

No they’re not. That’s the usual belief of people who don’t do research demons existed prior to monotheistic faiths. Just because they were demons in a different language doesn’t mean they’re not demons still.
Angels were called the heavenly hosts in Canaanite as Yahweh in his war God aspect was the commander of the heavenly hosts who later in monotheistic/henotheism faith were given names.
It’s the same people who think the goetia are actually the Gods they’re thought to be which has no historical or logical backing research wise.

So let’s not touch that topic with the obvious lacking of information about it. Because I don’t feel like arguing the same silly topic with the same balgers.

If you don’t have the skill to tell the difference don’t tell me otherwise.

4 Likes

When alot of people new to magick start practicing the Goetia or evocation in general the door gets slammed in thier face quite abit it seems like.

That’s the phase I am in right now. I’ve been trying almost everything but nothing seems to work. I’m not giving up though.

For me I’m going to do it the way I learned how that I know actually works.

That’s what matters. If you are getting results, keep at what you are doing.

3 Likes

I tjhink there’s a kind of slanted J-curve - moderate first results/contact (which seems quite surprising to people who are not used to it or expecting anything), then a dip into feeling frustrated, lost, was it all a delusion, then if they keep going, incremental, erratic, quantum leaps, not steady slogging progress.

Very good analogy. That’s how I am experiencing it right now. I’m at the bottom of that J. I have felt something before, Belial’s undeniable presence on multiple occasions, but now I feel like he abandoned me and none of the spirits want to work with me.

4 Likes

People that abuse spirits need to be recycled :recycle:

3 Likes

In the thread named parasite 101, they discuss markings. I don’t it is the causation in this particular case. But it could be interesting for you to investigate.

3 Likes

I’ll take a look at it now. Thanks.

1 Like

I can attest to my dabbling with evocation before, and yes, there is that initial rush of excitement and then the dip, and some, like me, throw their hands up in the air by frustration. But there are signs that spirits, even god(s) want to work with you.I would agree, trust and respect are a two way street, and both parties should honor that. Or using spirits like a paper towel, to cleanup messes and then discarding or burning them, that could leave a bad taste in their mouth, Im sure.

3 Likes

The view @BlazRa mentioned is a common one, and I believe has even appeared in BALG newsletters (not citing those as infallible, just a reasonable source for people beginning this journey, who then end up on BALG’s forum). Attacking and demeaning people instead of sharing information just encourages the human tendency to defend a belief, instead of evolving it. :woman_shrugging:

Furthermore, Buné is almost certainly Wadjet, a goddess, and others have found correlations with the demon Aamon and the Kemetic deity Amun/Amun-Ra.

We don’t know what the Egyptians or Aztecs or Celts or Romans called them, let alone the Australian Aborigines & Pacific Island peoples, Raphael told me he’s known by other names, and likely as a “god” as opoposed to the monotheistic idea of angels as a tier below “God.”

So, the idea all ancient gods were turned into demons is a bit shaky, but there are very definitely some instances where it seems likely or has been reported often enough to no longer be UPG, as well as similar beings, or forces, becoming known by different names later on, and added to a more simplistic binary concept of angelic/demonic.

8 Likes

Common doesn’t mean accurate, there’s 0 evidence that all the goetia were “elder gods” besides people piggybacking off JoS information which they themselves took from another. It’s not demeaning it’s keeping it blunt that the argument is silly and it is, I stated what I said because I do not care to have the argument over and over again about a topic that’s literally “just trust me bro” I believe some demons may be fragments of certain Gods as Azazel has been noted to be a fragment of Shamash with enough research that can be found but does that mean Azazel is the God shamash? No, rather he was fragmented from that God.

I didn’t say angels were in every culture I stated only one culture and that was the Canaanite, angels in Hindu were part of the concept of devas as they were not considered angels but demigods or ancestors that took the common role as “guardian angels”

2 Likes

Aren’t Elder Gods from Mortal Kombat? :thinking:

4 Likes