What are we to call ourselves?

Wait, your question was how we label ourselves to others? Screw them, who cares, not their business.

7 Likes

You can’t really act like that especially if it’s in a professional setting or something close.

2 Likes

I’d like an example.

1 Like

I don’t like being effed with on ANY level. If asked, here in the Bible belt, I sweetly say Baptist with a smile and thank them for the inevitable (ALWAYS) invite to their congregation. It’s none of their effing business what I do with mAh soul. #fact

5 Likes

I mean think about it like this. If you’re working with people who happen to be religious then I don’t think it’s appropriate for you to tell someone to fuck off at work. It would create a tense atmosphere. Another example is meeting new people and trying to create business contacts with them and they really don’t want to be associated with these sort of things, and it’d be rude to say that like off the back just because.

Another reason to not tell people to screw off is just general politeness. Not everyone is going to agree with what we do but that doesn’t call for telling them just to fuck off. IMO

5 Likes

People have absolutely no right to question your beliefs. They will do it as long you give them the right yourself. My co-workers never asked me about my beliefs. I never asked them as well.
When you’re meeting new people, definitely you won’t ask their beliefs either. My boss never questioned my beliefs. In non of my interviews ever anyone asked for my beliefs. Why…? Because it’s non of their business and completely irrelevant.
And if your problem is the way you’ll express it, then simply say “I’m not interested to talk about that” or something along the lines. You don’t have to say it in their face. It’s easier than you think.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I do and it works like a charm because nobody ever sees you coming…

Actually you CAN manipulate a congregation of Christians to do all sorts of nice things for you and your friends when you go in incognito. lol
I’ll never forget the night I was doing ebo (blood sacrifices) to some of my Orishas in my outside building. I was chanting–singing in Lucumi as I was holding up birds and I kept on hearing a neighbor doing yard work who kept milling around the building. The person never said anything about it–they were trying to be nosy.

For me, “Luciferian”. I belive he’s more of a liberator then a rebel and isn’t that bad aside from his ego and pride which is no problem.

3 Likes

I say am a Luciferian to Christinas and Muslims. They think they here me say Lutherism and then that fly is out off my hair.

2 Likes

I’m not saying it’s their business, I’m simply saying I don’t think you should tell someone to fuck off over it.

2 Likes

I go with anything someone understands.
I told a fella I was a wizard, he wasn’t from “these here parts” and didn’t know the word sorcerer, kinda understood witch

2 Likes

Its kind of hard to put a label on what i practice.
A magician/sorcerer of black magick might fit most of it…

2 Likes

I tell random curious people I meet that I’m a taoist, though that’s a a pretty minor part of what I practice. People I trust know me as a witch.

3 Likes

I think you just care way too much what others say. Probably its a cultural thing, In Europe it’s not a conversation you’d have with a random stranger or during an interview and I’ve seen Xtians using the same words to other Xtians questioning their beliefs :slight_smile: So :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Not really, I just see that as impolite but agree to disagree :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Central America and the Caribbean Islands are like that too, always questioning and never trusting each other, lol guess you never know when you are talking to a Bruja

4 Likes

I’d say as an Occultist, Pagan, Witch, Sorcerer, etc what I am is me and it’s not their business what I choose to call myself on that particular day.

Labels are a waste of time. I also don’t think people “follow EA Koetting” this isn’t a cult.

We are ourselves, and make our own decisions, not based on EA’s.

4 Likes

At least in the US they don’t legally have a right to know or ask unless it’s a “religious” work place.

3 Likes

We’re alchemists. There, I said it.

6 Likes