What are the psalms for?

It comes from: “The 72 angels of magick” and do I need a bible for this?

1 Like

I mean, litterally it is written invocation there, so what do you mean? :joy:

Generally psalms can be used for anything.

No you dont need a bible at all.

5 Likes

In the book, the psalms serve the same purpose as a conjuration would, and they are traditional in Kabbalistic magick. They are used to connect to the angels.

No bible required though.

“Lord, do not forsaken me,
Do not be far from me, my god.”

Not an uncommon verse to use for invocation in a more Judeo-Christian context. Biblical verses are also often used in different folk magic systems, combining both the individual’s belief as well as the population’s to help fuel the spell.

2 Likes

Seems familiar

3 Likes

Lmao he gets defensive when you call him out on this too :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

PSalm 23:4 “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

Psalms are used for a multitude of things. I read them cause sometimes they bring me comfort

1 Like

Each psalm corresponds with an Angel , when someone reads them the Angel is invoked

2 Likes

That actually IS the psalms verse but it’s in the Hebrew language (I believe it’s hebrew). You don’t NEED a bible. The book just lists the actual psalm passage for people who prefer to recite it in english.

And yes Psalms can be used for just about anything. I do use the King James Psalms for everthing (especially the 23rd). But when I am reciting the incantations listed in The 72 Angels of Magick, I just recite the Hebrew version listed on the page. I don’t bother to look up the english translations.

1 Like