What are the correct incenses used for evoking the Goetian gods?

I’ve tried searching for this and can’t find anything.
Maybe one or two posts from someone about one god, but never all of them. I have the book the Magicians Companion and even it doesn’t tell me.

So if somebody knows where it’s referenced that would be awesome. Thank you.

1 Like

There are no “correct” incenses for the spirits of the Goetia. The Lesser Key of Solomon, the book popularly called the Goetia, from which the spirits are derived, doesn’t list any.

It’s really up to personal preference.

3 Likes

There are incenses listed in Connolly’s Daemonolatry Goetia

3 Likes

I suppose incenses related to astrological correspondences, other traits of the spirits and the desired outcome are fitting. As well as incense meant for evoking spirits in general

2 Likes

Copal resin is a good all around choice. Burns well and can be found easily. It is spoke highly of in several of EAs works.

1 Like

It is important to remember, if you decide to use correspondences like that of S. Connolly, as @Potnia mentioned, that they are only those that she has found helpful in her own demonolatry practice, and are not, in any way, the only “correct” incense.

If your intuition tells you something different, go with it. Nothing is set in stone.

7 Likes

I’m not too experienced with incense yet (I will change that) but I believe sandalwood is always good for calling spirits and it’s what I’ve used in the past.

2 Likes

Yea I prefer also sandalwood and dragon’s blood, they just work for me. I do feel though that some Spirits prefer something else, even if never worked with them, for example I sense that jasmine fits for Lilith, so If I want to work with Lilith I’ll use jasmine. Also in time they will ask you for different incense themselves, so as @DarkestKnight said nothing is set in stone.

2 Likes

Honestly, not even a few hours ago, I did an actual invocation of Baal, followed by a possession, and I used a little bit of copal incense, but I get the feeling it wasn’t necessary. After a while you don’t even need incense, circles, or even a darkened room. That’s all theatrical stuff. What matters is the relationship that you have with the spirit. Of course, if that’s what you need to help get you into the right mindset, that’s fine. I’ve been messing around with the occult for years, and I know how to Gaze on to a Sigil, open it, and make something happen. Dealing with these Spirits is a largely subjective experience. But we all have similarities that seem to line up.

2 Likes

for the demonic I use dragons blood as it’s strong and can enhance lust and darkness

1 Like

Dragons blood is a good general incense for goetics.

1 Like

Sandalwood,Patchouli,Frankincense

2 Likes

The Goetia was written in 12th or 13th century Europe and I am not sure if they even used incense in that period for magick in Europe.The book is called Lesser key of Solomon because whoever wrote it didn’t want to be hunted down by Church or wanted the book to look less like black magick and more like Kabbalah.Incense isn’t only way to summon spirits,I’ve done it with blood and enns but when I use incense I use copal resin since that is the only thing I have…

@LucifugeAzazel where do you get the dragons blood incense from if I may ask?

1 Like

Sometimes I found little or no results upon searching for “black incense”… If I got it right, I now understood that it’s Boswellia’s resin, only black. This is one of the suggested types.

Love it when people search…

Do yourself a favour and learn how to really research and think outside the box please.

3 Likes

It can be any combination.
Dragons Blood resin or Frankincense.

1 Like

pretty much anywhere even a gas station

I can not use Amazon since shipping to my country is 57 $ so shipping would cost me more than incense itself

Don’t know…I think ebay is good too,since you can find free shipping and it’s not very expensive.And also sometimes there is bidding on ebay so if no one is interested in buying something and the starting price is low you can get incense or whatever else you may want for very little money.Also I wouldn’t be surprised if you live in Croatia…

1 Like