What Are The Best Books & Grimoires, etc?

Hello everyone. For a little while now I have been studying magick but the thought has come up a lot as to what are the best books to read on the subject. I am uninterested in cult and religious practices. Just like anything there is always more falsified or useless information out there than actual concrete information.
I would love to hear from you all.

3 Likes

black magick isnt based on religion its the personal power of the self the godlike powers we all have i suggest the black book of azathoth

1 Like

the old ones are above religious dogma and as such they are what youre looking for

I just want to pop my nose in and remind people new here that PDF begging and trading, including via PM, are against the rules. This is different on some forums, so I’m trying to help avoid people running into trouble.

On topic, some good recommendations here:

3 Likes

i would also suggest, beginning luciferian magick by michael w ford, or any m w ford grimoire, also checkout grimoires by asenath mason, and checkout necromantic sorcery forbidden rites of death magick by dante abiel.

2 Likes

sorceress cagliastro also has some nice stuff

1 Like

adversarial light magick of the nephilim and the dark side of japan are two grimoires that are great as well

2 Likes

Thanks my dude👌

1 Like

no problem i know how hard it is to search alone

1 Like

but the black book of azathoth would be great for what your looking for

1 Like

Alright then I will look into it for sure.

I am still new to magick and im learning. I have heard that is a very deep and heavy current to step into. Especially for newcomers.

I rather like The Book of Azazel. You can hear the audiobook on EA’s youtube channel for free before you buy.
Kingdom’s of Flame and Ordo Ascensum Aeternalis are excellent.

I personally didn’t get on with Mason’s style, but that’s me - I find it overly romantic,oversexualised and kind of, I don’t know, ‘frilly’, so I find myself heavily editing every ritual to get it to fit my energy - I suggest getting just one to see if you can relate to that energy, in which case Awakening Lucifer has a great content.

The Black Book of Azathoth is fantastic, but requires more dedication… and money maybe. If you want to follow it in detail be prepared to shell out and/or have to hunt for or make your own ritual supplies, which all have to be consecrated and all work is done outside, ideally on a new moon.
I adapted, a lot, since I couldn’t easily find things like, a 12 inch high ebony crystal ball stand, and I didn’t want to carve my own, and I didn’t want to shell out for crystal ball either, or a blackthorn staff. If you don’t like to fudge things, and you’re not made of money, maybe wait of this one and try other necronomicons first.

1 Like

Works of Darkness by EA Koetting. Hands down the best black magick grimoire out there. It gives you the basics of many paths from sigil magick to evocation to necromancy to vampirism. It is the book that changed everything for me.

3 Likes

I have considered my next book to be The Complete Works by E.A. Koetting as to lay a base for myself. I have looked into magick for nearly 2 years now but only recently started stepping foot into black magick.

1 Like

I am a beginner too. It is just a few months that I have started treading on the Crooked Path. I think Complete Works is an excellent choice. Strongly suggested-also start working on some energy work/meditation. I would suggest something by Robert Bruce. On his website he has a free program called “Energy Work Primer”. Also the video courses sold here at BALG are amazing too (working on Soul Travel).

FYI, if you get the hard copy book(EA’s Complete Works) take into account it’s HUUGE, encyclopedia-style.

Best,
Ch

1 Like

I love Robert Bruce’s work. I am currently reading Energy Work right now. I figured that it was a good start. I will definitely keep the hardcopy version of The Complete Works in mind. Thanks.

1 Like

Well the best books on a subject varies depending on what you are looking for. So before I give any recommendations I need to know what type of material are you looking for, like what do you want to know about?

1 Like

Hmm. Well i am soaking up information anywhere I can find it. I am interested in working with King Paimon and the Demonic Kings as well as the Gatekeepers. Evocation and Invocation are very important to me even though I have not seen actual success in either as of yet.
Spells and Incantations I know very little about as of yet as well.

1 Like

For invocation I recommend Asenath Masons work, specifically the draconian ritual book and her Qliphothic works (most of her most recent releases). But all of her books are really good and deal with both invocation but also evocation in them in some way.

For the gatekeepers there are of course the gatekeeper volumes, Paimon is talked about in the latest book about Azazel - but for Paimon you can also look into the lesser key of Solomon to find out more about him or the search function, there’s a bunch of info about him on here.

For Evocation I really recommend some of E.A Koettings books like: Works of Darkness, the book of azazel, Kingdoms of flame.

2 Likes