What a small altar must be like..?

Hi, everybody
I am morbius, forgive me if I have not yet made a Post with an introduction of my person, I will do it as soon as possible. I have an urgent need to perform a well-defined ritual on a book, and forgive me if I do not indicate the author of the book, to whom I wrote an email, but the kind … author has not responded.
I was saying that the ritual to evoke a Kakodaemon or Ekudaemon, is well defined, what I would like someone to explain or show me photos, how can I make an altar? Because it is unbelievable if I google the types of altar that show it seems that they are altar to win the Nobel Prize for Altars 2020 :slight_smile:
So how can I make an altar that does not occupy a whole table, which I can take away immediately without clutter, and then the knife must be there? I do not have to make sacrifices and I do not even joke about these things, so please someone tell me an altar how can I do it, what must be everything? For the ritual, the book asks for a candle, a piece of meat or egg depending on the demon, or even flowers, but the altar does not say a word …
Thank you for any help, I really need to do the ritual…

Altars can be a collection of whatever you feel drawn too. It doesn’t have to be fancy, you can look it up and just add what you feel is right for your altar. Also I think you have to make an introduction post

3 Likes

My altar fits in the corner

It’s about to get updated for the new season. But small altars can be anything from as small as portable mint tin to my size to the larger more elaborate style. Work with you got.

13 Likes

eliana and Lucy88
I got it,thank you very much
Cheers

1 Like

Halt new user, you need to go to the new user area and make an introductory post, otherwise mods can and probably might delete this one as well as any others until you’ve introduced yourself.
Otherwise, an altar can be whatever matters to you, if it’s tiny or grandiose.
As I’ve always said, intention is what’s important.
Pageantry always comes second.
This is mine, cluttered with various things I like.
Or this was it a month ago. I’m sure something has changed by now.

4 Likes

My current working altar consists of the sigils of the spirits I am working with posted on the wall and a table that has my censer, three candles and a small bowl for offerings. Really, really basic and covers my three needs: focal point (the sigils), atmosphere shift (basically something that helps me shift my focus from the every day to the sacred. Candles and incense serve that purpose), and method to show gratitude (the offering bowl).

The family altar I have consist of statues of the gods my wife and I have worked with, an offering bowl, a few stones, a couple candles, and symbols i redraw every day with chalk. We try to keep things simple as over crowding tends to murk the energy for us

8 Likes

Thank Tiberius and Thinkdontdrink,
I`m thinking of making a hanging altar with three bases,maybe 30-40 cm long and 20 of width hanging on the wall for space reasons: base one: vases with plats that resist in time and other objects, base two: rocks stones or quartz’s, base 3: candles and incense holder with bowl for the offer.
I cannot say the name of the Kakodaemon or Eudaemon, because I do not know it and he who will say it specifies the ritual explained in the book. One thing it leaves me to think because at the same time the author mentions that if it is a Kakodaemon (yep…) is one of a bad nature…so I would not want him to turn against me. I am a novice not a professional and I do not know enough rituals even if I have enough books that I have never read (yet) but it is time to start studying …But this Rite I have to do it NOW…:slight_smile:
Cheers

2 Likes

How many Gods/entities for the family altar

Four technically: Isis while she holds baby Horus, Bastet, and Anubis. Occasionally I will put on a cross for our ancestors as a majority were Catholic on both sides but normally it is not placed there unless I am directly reaching out to them instead of the gods

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tiberius
Do you have any suggestions regarding the Kakodaemon? Have you ever done a Rite with? I noticed that no one said a syllable regarding the passage in the book I read that it is not of nature like the Eudaemon and that it can be turned against you, otherwise I would choose another rite from another book.PLEASE HELP

The set up will depend on what I’m doing but yeah.

3 Likes

Oh sorry forgot to say. Mine is a table but I don’t have it set up all the time as I don’t have the space so I keep all my ritual tools in a drawer.

1 Like

Damn! That looks so organized and pretty! I loves it :heart_eyes::heartpulse::two_hearts:

1 Like

I am going as assume you meant Cacodemon (also known as Cacodaemon), as I have never heard of a Kakodaemon. Cacodaemon is just a greek term for “evil spirit or demon”, where the Eudaemon refers to a “good spirit or an angel”. So any ritual here about working with demons would be working with a cacodaemon technically, although what exactly defines one as being good or evil is up for debate.

It’s true, everything is tidy,and clean,the altar from LeananSidhe :):sweat_smile:

1 Like

Depends, if you believe the demons we work with are evil spirits who want to harm you, yes. For me they are just “daemons” aka neutral, and from there on it depends what kind of work you’re doing with them and from who’s perspective you see it. For example, I do a baneful work because X person is making me suffer. Daemon is a Eudaemon for me since he’s working in my favour to protect me and remove the person that hurts me, but for my target, the X person, is a Cacodaemon.

Cacodaemon is the latin form of the Greek word Kakodaimon btw.

2 Likes

In the book I mean, they are called Kakodaemon and Eudaemon, yes Greece. As for your assertion… “although what exactly defines one as being good or evil is up for debate” I fully agree with you. The fact remains that I’m not going to do a ritual where instead of being helped, the demon is screwing me!
It`s shameful that the author of the book via MG gives me the Mail address,but after explained to him via MG that have a question about a passage of his book,he never replied to the Mail,this clearly because in my opinion as soon as he understood that I did not write to order,buy$$$,he lost all interest,and this comments on his own,so if I realize that I have to deal with “street vendors” instead of helping patiently,I become a BEAST and there are not only the rituals … if you understand what I mean…

Congratulations I like this altar, and this is the starting point for the project idea of what my altar will look like.

1 Like