Werecat path?

We’ve all heard of the Vampire path and the Werewolf path but what about a Werecat path?
If such a path exists, I’d appreciate any sources on it.

Now from my experience, Cat energy well depends on the form of cat you’re working with. The Lion is a social extroverted animal yet has the dark side of destruction (when I another Lion takes over a pride, it kills all the other male’s cubs) however the defending Lion can be symbolized as the protector. On the other hand, the Leopard is more introverted and has a sense of elegance to it yet it has the shadowside of addiction.

So do any of you guys practice this path? If so what advice would you give those who want to practice it? I know that Bast and Freya would be deities to work with though.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

never heard of any werewolf or vampire path, unless you mean predatory vampirism?

2 Likes

I love you! I’ve always wanted to follow this path too but there is so little info!

1 Like

Yeah predatory vampyrism.

I just met you XD

Yeah I haven’t been able to find information on Werecats in general. I’m sure there’s a path or at least a branch of Magick that revolves around cats. Lots of wisdom there.

1 Like

What about evoking Egyptian goddess Bastet and asking her about this?

Maybe she can help you regarding it.

4 Likes

After I began forming a relationship with her, I’ve noticed much more cat energy around. Perhaps this should be my new path walking :thinking:

I’m a crazy cat lady.
I’m very surprised with the popularity of cats, cat deities, feline Goetic demons and such, that there isn’t a path branch for this already.

1 Like

Check out William r wraite 's books " shifters bible " and " M. T. H. O. S " you can become any animal shifter with these books some people claim to be successful but some are never heard of again I had a friend in twitter who was doing the path and the day he was going to shift was the last day I saw his tweet I DM ed him no response and even after 1-2. Weeks no response . I hope he is alive

2 Likes

Did he reply yet??

1 Like

Nope I think he is alive but discovered a new way of life or is having trouble keeping his dragon form ( he took the path of a weredragon like a reptilian I guess ) I think he/she is just busy and alive

1 Like

I looked into the Shifter’s bible and MTHOS books, and from what I’ve seen, they’re just a bunch of very wordy nonsense made to sound complicated and intelligent. Also, if the books really did help you learn to physically shift, there would be much more info and media captured of it out there.

I would save your money and look elsewhere for info on shifting.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of werecats (specifically we’re Jaguars and leopards) werehyenas, werewombats and such but don’t know if there’s a specific path for non werewolf paths.

Every continent (and pretty near every culture has were myths not just werewolf ones other animals to like I just mentioned).

I’d like it if there was a were Jaguar or were puma path but I think finding a non werewolf one will take doing a lot of research into the relevant cultures that have myths of werecats. Years of research probably. So I’m not going to embark on that path myself.

So good luck researching into it it’s undoubtably something that exists but with that said it’ll be hard to get the info you need to go that route because non wolf were information will likely be near impossible to find online or in books.

most of those cultures with werecats legends haven’t had written traditions most of the knowledge was passed down orally generation to generation. (The werecats legends I know of of are South American in origin as well as African)

So good luck

1 Like

My Astral claws are that of a leopard. I guess you just have to find which cat you resonate with and go with the flow.

There is werecats tied to hinduism, as one of the known creatures in one of their lores, but it’s described as a practitioner who is dangerous. Specifically a weretiger.

Aztec has werepanthers/jaguars tied to Tezcatlipoca but I mean I dont think they are “paths” rather they are creatures in their lores.

Probably a were leopard here. Interestingly enough, the leopard is the pet cat of the Queen of Wands. Water of Fire. Also in Latin America, there was a legend of a Jaguar that appeared to be lycanthropy.