Hi! I’m trying to build a life with severe dissociative PTSD and never follow through with an offline journal. Maybe this work better! We’ll see.
== Framework ==
I work with Dantalion, Bael, Glasya-Labolas, and Balam in a pathworking model influenced by Corwin Hargrove. I consider myself chaotic good. In the past I have seriously worked with Odin and Frigg.
I sit every morning and evening for at least ten minutes each. I light a tea light and sandalwood incense stick. If I have a demon in mind, I get concentrated and hold the sigil, bring to mind the mental imagery I’ve come to associate with the sigil and the demon, and wait for contact. Sometimes I just wait for any contact and grab the appropriate sigil if I need it. I use the closed circle sigils but it doesn’t seem to matter. Usually I experience a shift in the air or in my body. I often imagine conversations. If I’m doing a working, I’ll lay out what I’m thinking. I might do a tarot reading. Then when I’m done I blow on the sigil, sit in gratitude/metta for a bit til I’m done.
It’s basically a chaos system but founded on the vipassana (insight) meditation. Whatever works. I read a lot but a lot of the ritual details has seemed unnecessary. Vipassana combined with severe dissociation led me to basically being convinced that we’re just meatsacks telling stories, so the specific story is less important than the poise of mind or the mental shape/position of self, if that makes sense? I know how to get what I want… kind of. I want to own it all the time. The vipassana results in total equanimity and I can usually get to samadhi (absorption) and if I do that in the presence of a demon, I can usually get a big oomph on whatever I want. I’d say the vipassana is the big core practice. I’m not doing Solomonic magic, just free association and pathworking.
== Looking back ==
The last five years have seen a ton of incredible good fortune since working steadily with spirits.
- moved and got established in a new town
- made excellent friends
- found a great community of people doing my kind of work
- found and got established as a digital historian
- got permanent disability through the veterans’ administration
- never have to work for money again
- found a great care team and stabilized my health
- can mostly detect when I’m in an episode in time to prevent further harm
- cut all contact with toxic family and old friends
- rented a perfect house from a new friend
- generally just chilled the hell out
- started to feel safe and secure for the first time
I’m struggling to articulate what I want to do and who I want to be, so that’s first up on the list. The divination has been spotty — I suspect I’m not asking the right questions. Onward and upward!