Weaving a Web of Magickal Success

I thought I’d post this up for the benefit of some of the newer folks here who are just getting started. I see a lot of frustration and discouragement on this and other forums about how their ritual work is not producing the results they wish. I’ll go ahead and apologize for the Wall 'o Text that follows.

Personally I like to take a very strategic approach in my ritual work that is aimed at some kind of material result. Instead of attacking head on I prefer to attack from different areas to achieve a goal. These are small goals that build momentum with each successive victor to achieve the goal as a whole. The upside to this is that the entire success of the goal is not dependent on one ritual, one part may fail but the entire success is not at stake as there is still other factors at play. The downside is that it takes planning and the ability to know what influences to maximize and which to minimize. Knowing your target, its strengths and weaknesses may take time and patience and sometimes research.

Since love spells/rituals are by far the most prevalent magick performed I’ll use that as a prime example. Lets say you want Tiffany the hottest girl on campus all for yourself. Now you can go home and put some spell together or find the perfect demon to summon, perform the spell or command the spirit to make Tiffany crazy about you. You go back to school and notice that Tiffany isn’t paying you the slightest bit of attention, “WTF the demon said she would love me!” or “The spell said her every thought would be of me, what’s the problem?!” It’s not that the spell was not effective, the problem was that what you asked/commanded was not enough to make her your own.

Tiffany is a popular girl, she has a tight circle of friends and various hangers on who try to be popular by association, she has a boyfriend and many potential suiters as a contingency should she have a sudden break-up. She is a social person and is frequently seen on the strip enjoying the night life.

You, on the other hand aren’t quite as well known. Your a shy sensitive guy, by sensitive I mean daylight hurts your eyes because you balance your time between schoolwork and combating carpal tunnel from the steady regimen of COD and pounding on your “joystick” while your roommate is asleep (at least you THOUGHT he was asleep…oh gawd!). The point I’m making is Tiffany couldn’t possibly have fallen in love with you because she had no clue you even existed…if only she found lanky guys with huge forearms and an INSANE gamer score attractive, but I digress.

A more strategic approach to this same goal could been taken. First do some love magick on yourself to make you more desirable and feel more confident. Do some research, books like The Game and others that teach the art of pick up artists. These aren’t as valuable because they teach you how to talk to women they’re valuable because they teach you how to interact with people in a social setting. The next step would be to start going out, this not only allows you to put what you’ve learned into practice but also allows you to see your target and her interactions with others.

Since your now on your way to becoming a social butterfly and have had a chance to see your target in her natural habitat and what makes her tick. You now know her current boyfriend has a wandering eye, her circle of friends play heavily on her decision making. This where your magick really comes into the scenario. Sure you could make a spell or evoke a spirit to cause them to break up or have her fight wih her friends. This may work but its not going to help you attain your goal. She’ll likely not be feeling to amorous after losing her boyfriend and friends all in a months span. Instead play into your targets weaknesses. If she listens to her friends work your magick to get them to like you, the more desirable you are to her friends the more desirable you’ll be to her. Instead of trying to cause her boyfriend to fight with her give him incentive to look elsewhere, work magick on him to find another lover, this plays to his already established weaknesses and makes you look like a “Good Guy” in comparison. Now that you’be got all these balls rolling down hill it’s time to add the finishing touches. Start working to make her love you, think and dream about you. This is more powerful than most give credit to. Dreams have a way of affecting the conscious mind in ways that most other persuasion can only attempt to reach.

Now that you have several factors all put into motion you relax and let things play into hands. Even if her boyfriend doesn’t leave she is still being influenced by your dream work plus you’ve gotten into her social circle through her friends. If her friends don’t like you it should be of little importance as long as her boyfriend finds a new conquest to chase after and the dream work is still taking its toll. Or worst case scenario the dream work has little effect you have the acceptance of her friends and her dealing with a cheating boyfriend. The point is with multiple angles of success you increase the odds of success itself.

4 Likes

Other things I like to do to sustain this kind of work is to attempt to always work from a position of strength rather than weakness. Instead of treating magick like a cold remedy and using it when I get sick I prefer to use it as a multivitamin to help prevent getting sick in the first place. I like to do general drawing work while the moon is in its waxing phase or is growing, and do binding, breaking and banishing work when it is waning or shrinking. I may choose to draw in prosperity both financial and emotional, draw in tranquility and peace to keep a happy home. I may work to remove potential blocks or negative influences from me before they become a major factor. Its far easier to do money magick when your not stressed on how your going to pay rent, have gas money or food for your kids. When working from a position of strength every little bit helps and keeps that momentum going so that when bad times do show up they don’t stick around or their influence is less noticeable.

I also suggest to anyone who hasn’t done so to get a Natal Chart made, this is a handy item to have as it shows how the planetary spheres influence your life. Having knowledge of this makes it far easier to know how to supplement influences that may be lacking. Your Mercury is not as good as it should be use planetary talismans or seals to boost it. Your Mars is too dominant then use other planetary seals to balance the effects. Doing this kind of magick can help you in all aspects of your life. You can see how different parts will be affected at later dates so you can preemptively work to block or at least minimize the damage that will come.

I just thought I’d share some of these thoughts with you guys and gals and see if it could be of any help.

If others have suggestions they’be found to make magick more effective I’d be happy to hear them and possibly incorporate them I to my own practice.

Thanks
TWF

2 Likes

And it is not only about that TWF, i also think that powerful magicians in forums like this one or many others, shouldn’t be fighting for power.
I see so many persons trying to bring the next one down, so they can climb a bit higher, either to have more money, more happiness, or just a more beautiful woman ( or man ).
We are all equal and we should act as equal, instead people look into weaknesses and try to exploit them, feeding your own ego is something quite dangerous and my guess is that a lot of persons in here know that. But do they know that they really haven’t done anything towards changing that and that they should ? I believe in a world where we humans are the top of the chain. I believe in a world where every human can be whoever he or she wants to be and that only by existing in that way, can we all humans, live in harmony. There isn’t harmony on this world since humans have set foot on it and that is just the human nature, but once again, no one does anything about it, speaking is easy indeed. Otherwise i wouldn’t be here speaking. But i do try my best, i help old ladies crossing the road, i help my neighbors by doing whatever they need and wishing nothing in return, i help my friends whenever they need me and i try to be always there. I never asked anything in return and it kind of hurts, because naturally, things ought to come back to me, it would only be the natural course of things, but then again we are humans and that HAS never been the natural course of things, we take, we steal, we are greedy and we are some stupid fuckers who simply possessed this planet and couldn’t care less about it. Good thing for me, last year i learned about magick, i learned about another world within our own world and from there i started learning about myself more then i could ever think. I have learned that in fact i am completely different then most of the persons i have ever met in my life and that for the bad or for the good, i keep on living and trying to make others see the things, the same way i do. Because i know it is good, it is healthy and it is the only path to follow. But because no one person alone can change humankind, its not like i have quit, but i simply don’t bother myself with it.
I know that in a nearby future, humankind will see it with their own eyes and that makes me really really really happy. There is no power in this planet or any other planet that humans know of, there is no single source, being or whatever that can change what is coming for all us humans, just for me to know that makes me feel happy, because i know what is coming, it has already started many time ago and it keeps on going. No one knows when, but a lot of persons know of what i am speaking and they all try sooo hard to understand it better, to see if in some way, they can change it, but also most of them know, they can’t.
So please stop being children, because that is what we all are in this moment, all the living humans in this planet, are nothing more then children, children from them.
Understand them, you will understand everything, you will be given magickal powers if it is what you wish, you will have everything you could ever wish. But even Them, know that it is simply not worth it, it won’t change a thing.
Might not be in our life spam and we all might actually use the things they give us in really good ways, it just doesn’t make a difference. So understand boys and girls, we are not alone in this world nor in the universe.
Magickk is the essence of our existence.
Respect it, respect yourselves and above all, respect the world you live in, the person next to you and the whole system. Because even though it was what brought us to this, it is still what makes you live everyday, until the rest of your life.
Stop fighting with each other, like really small children and use your powers for something useful, like for example making people suffer less, have less pain the humankind soul.
Make us all humans have a better life, because we don’t have much time left and the better use we make of it, the better we can all leave this planet.

Magick does not work, if you don’t believe the world you live in, is entirely made out of it.

Furthermore…

… It is not through success that you become a better human.

Successful humans are usually the ones who have more problems within their own minds. Not the kind of ( how will i pay the rent, how will tiffany love me or £$^&£" , wish i hadnt stole that shop, 6 months in jail ) More like, they dont see what surrounds them, they grow egos that they have no way to feed, they tend to look less and less to the sides and only straight forward, leaving them dumb, to the world that its in front of them.
Then like itself as a power, life usually has this funny moments, where suddenly makes you lose all that success, only so that you can once again, grasp the world in front of you and only then they realize…wish i hadn’t been so famous or so successful, but by then its usually, too late.

If you want to succeed in magick, succeed in understanding yourself first and what makes you live and be a human being.
Then try not to feed yourself with the things you think you need, because that is not what you need. You need to think bigger then that. I also know this is meaningless, specially because of everything i just said before, but even though one can try. If all humans suddenly wake up and start really seeing things straight as they should, then maybe, but just maybe. . we still have a chance.

1 Like

thank you, whenever I read posts like this I got more aware of my own newbieness
I actually was doing everything wrong, really messy and trying to work in every area of my life instead of focusing in one, anyway I still got some results so at least I know I can do things lol

focusing in one area at the time… checking planteary influences, the moon (something I was ignoring… -.-) and more… I didn’t feel so first grader since never but far from feeling bad I feel great with this, everything is more clear now (Y)

edit:

you know, I get what you say sunas, but I think it depends on how you see succes for yourself, for some people is power but not always, perhaps in one segment of their lifes, for others may be family, money, but always in specifci moments… but let’s not lie to ourselves, is good to be succesful, to get things right, to live the life of your dreams, is something not many individuals dare to experience

Great posts,

Does misery fit into ascent?? When I begin any magical working I get a sensory overload things go great and then they fucking backfire like crazy. I quit because of this and then in 3 months I come back like a junky for a fix. I am drawn.
This time Im not quitting or stopping would be a better word. Becasue I know Ill be right back at the begining for the hundredth time. However lately I have just felt truly miserable and just down right fucking angry. Its got to be the most strong emotion it crushes love with a sledgehammer.
Well sorry for babling its been a rough week. And great posts twf much appreciated.

Awesome advice TWF, I was just thinking about incorporating different kinds of magic into my daily practice so I could build up my magical muscles.

[quote=“Jakob420, post:6, topic:2123”]Great posts,

Does misery fit into ascent?? When I begin any magical working I get a sensory overload things go great and then they fucking backfire like crazy. I quit because of this and then in 3 months I come back like a junky for a fix. I am drawn.
This time Im not quitting or stopping would be a better word. Becasue I know Ill be right back at the begining for the hundredth time. However lately I have just felt truly miserable and just down right fucking angry. Its got to be the most strong emotion it crushes love with a sledgehammer.
Well sorry for babling its been a rough week. And great posts twf much appreciated.[/quote]

What kind of sensory overload do you mean? Do you meditate or center and ground yourself?

As far as misery, it can be a part of ones ascent/descent as long as your learning something from it. No emotion can destroy another if you don’t allow it to do so, love is as strong as hate and as apathy and guilt and joy etc.

I thought I answered this one earlier today, but since I can see that the last answer was from you 2 days ago, I can assume either that 1) my mobile device failed once again to send, or 2) your mind is still processing the ‘coincidence’ I told you about last week of the girl on the bicycle passing by and suddenly her chain breaks, she falls forward and her dress blows up exposing everything! :smiley:

Let the audience decide…

Bumped for newer members.

TWF, I’m not usually one for spell begging, but I can’t say I’ve run into much information in my studies about influencing others in their dreams (outside of some baneful spells to cause nightmares). Is there anything specific I could look into for this? Or is it more or less something that should be utilized once you’ve mastered soul travel?

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/curses-and-hexes/fun-with-psychic-control/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/curses-and-hexes/fun-with-psychic-control/[/url]

Here’s a good technique that can be modified for whatever purpose one cares to use it. Man, I hate Bitterroot left, that guy had some good stuff.

Why is it always the magician that has to change for the world? There must be ways to create change without inner change/conflict. By the way, I just thought of an alternative to your fake story above, TWF. What if you perform magic to not only change her social interactions/relationships, but her preferences as well. Use mind control during her sleep to make her think a certain way starting from one goal to another whether it be entry into the world of gaming or liking awkward guys. Anyone done this before?

As above so below…any internal change has a direct reaction to the external and vice versa. As Frater A has said it’s not a vending machine.

I’m starting my black mirror experiments tomorrow for influencing someone. Eventually I’d like to implant thoughts rather than just suggest. If all goes well I’ll have some good I to to share.

[quote=“-TWF-, post:12, topic:2123”][url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/curses-and-hexes/fun-with-psychic-control/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/curses-and-hexes/fun-with-psychic-control/[/url]

Here’s a good technique that can be modified for whatever purpose one cares to use it. Man, I hate Bitterroot left, that guy had some good stuff.
.[/quote]

Thanks for the link, I never saw that thread before. My night suddenly just got a whole lot more interesting xD

[quote author=-TWF- link=topic=2172.msg26914#msg26914 date=1385823000]
I also suggest to anyone who hasn’t done so to get a Natal Chart made, this is a handy item to have as it shows how the planetary spheres influence your life. Having knowledge of this makes it far easier to know how to supplement influences that may be lacking. Your Mercury is not as good as it should be use planetary talismans or seals to boost it. Your Mars is too dominant then use other planetary seals to balance the effects. Doing this kind of magick can help you in all aspects of your life. You can see how different parts will be affected at later dates so you can preemptively work to block or at least minimize the damage that will come.

I just thought I’d share some of these thoughts with you guys and gals and see if it could be of any help.

I really enjoyed this post. It left me wanting more insight. I have my own astrology program, and understand to a large degree how to use it. However, your suggestion about: “Your Mercury is not as good as it should be use planetary talismans or seals to boost it.”

What do you mean by this? I do in fact have a poorly placed Mercury… Which leads to complications at times, and if there is away to boost this area, and perhaps fix it that would be something worth my energy.

Thanks for this post. I’m still reading through the first book, and watching the online course… I have yet to perform my first ritual, just going through an exercise right now that he has instructed… I desperately want to jump right in, but I have no idea what I’m doing yet. So, I’m reading and working as fast as I can so I have a base to start with.

I’m a student of astrology (for about a year now), so if anyone wants some free info, or a free chart, I can help with that… Just let me know… This is not a solicitation for business, nor will it turn into one… :slight_smile:

I drew a line above to show the above mentioned text and separated it from mine, as last time I tried to quote it made it attached it to mine. I’m not used to forums, this is my first one. Thanks again for the post…

9Shadows

You can have planetary jewlery made using metals and stones that correspond to the planetary influence you wish to effect. For example a bad Mercury is going to inhibit communication so you’d want items known for their communication properties. Obviously you can’t wear jewlery made of/with Mercury (well you could but you’d die a pretty shitty death) but there are other options one could substitute such as silver (even though that’s a lunar correspondence it actually works quite well with Mercurial energies.). You could also make a mojo with Mercury related herbs and curios, work with the planetary angels, spirits and intelligences of a chosen sphere.

Take your time with the material and have a good grasp and understanding, better to wait and have a well rounded skill set than jump in and have to do damage control because you didn’t think things through.

I may take you up on your offer for a free chart in the future, perhaps in exchange for a few free Tarot/Rune/Bone readings if interested.

Look at the guide to posting to help figure out how to use the quote functions or just remember to start typing where it says /quote inside a set of brackets [ ]
I’m nearly computer illiterate so don!'to feel bad.

Well, I figured out how to add a photo, so step one checked! lol :slight_smile:

Great idea on the mojo bag. I will have to make one. I have the King of Solomon Seal of Mercury Necklace, I bought it a few years ago, but I’ve never used it. Could this work for that? It was just an Ebay item for about 20 bucks I think, so I doubt it’s any real metal, but I’m curious if the King Solomon Seal would work in this regard too? Perhaps, once I get more familiar with, and can work my first rituals, this could be a great starting point. I think for me my mercury placement affects me with misunderstandings. I’ll say something and someone will take it wrong, so I try to work on that continually, but it’s a major pain. I do better with writing than talking, and spend time writing novels, I’ve published two, just romance books lol, it’s my favorite past time, outside of magick and art.

The exchange sounds great for the reading, I’d do it for free for you, but if you want to exchange I’d be happy for your insight. I can run you a chart, my program is pretty intense, so I can send you your childhood chart, plus your adult chart. What I personally loved about my childhood chart, was looking back at my childhood and seeing if this thing was actually accurate, and it was down to the T! It was actually scary how dead on it was. It talked about my paranormal experiences as a child, my intense interest in the occult, down to some bad things that would happen to me as a child, which did. I think this helped me when I first started as a student to trust the adult chart, to put more stock in it. I doubt you’ll wanna put all your private info up on here, so maybe we can swap emails or something? I’m not sure if you can do a private chat on here or not so let me know, we can swap Facebook pages?

Thanks again…
9Shadows

Really well put .