We created gods?

Hello peops,

I just wanted to bring up a topic for discussion. In my path, I’ve realized certain things, different people have different opinions in this path which makes it so interesting. But the one I’ve been thinking about is are the spirits just a projection of ourselves, of our power, or maybe we put so much belief into their existence that they got created by us. Or maybe they just always existed. Perhaps the only true and most powerful god is ourselves.

What do yall think?

3 Likes

When it comes to thoughtforms and thoughtform based godforms yes. However, when it comes to the actual entities, Gods, demons, angels and such they are their own beings. I personally reject the idea that humans have that beings that predate us need us or are created by us, minimizing their existence to such a degree.

5 Likes

I wnder about this too, ive heard that the different demons can be seen as different aspects of our subconscious, so too the different Gods and Goddesses. I tend to believe that they are separate entities from us because thats what Id rather believe but I dont know if there s one true answer. Or like you have suggested even if they never existed separately before do they now due to the huge numbers of people believing in them. Good question. Interested to hear what everyones thoughts are.

1 Like

They always existed as currents of power and energy running across existence and non existence, azazel says to ea koetting in the grimoire of azazel that they been simple creation of the source Just like everyone but they broke themselves off it.

We on lt gave them form, voice and thought but not universaly.

We are the emenation of that source but still got all Its power within us but still as an emenation.

3 Likes

In Pythagorean belief, and possibly Orphic Hellenic belief, the Pythagorean concept of One is a force from which all in the cosmos sprung, even Gods and Daemons. I tend to view this force as somewhat identical to some (Taoists have various beliefs) Taoist interpretations of Tao, or the Way.

I call this event the first will, or fist desire, Pythagoras calls this the law. This law binds men, Gods, Daemons, animals, and all other beings in the cosmos. I also believe that this is why reincarnation takes place, since I consider the original purpose of life in this cosmos to have been becoming as Gods.

Here are some of the Pythagorean verses:

1. First worship the Immortal Gods, as they are established and ordained by the Law.
  2. Reverence the Oath, and next the Heroes, full of goodness and light.
  3. Honour likewise the Terrestrial Daemons by rendering them the worship lawfully due to them.
  4. You shall be a God, immortal, incorruptible, and Death shall have no more dominion over you.

You can google them yourself, I don’t interpret them literally, and the “Law” referred to is what I consider the first will.

1 Like

“In the beginning Man created God and thus, God created man”

2 Likes

My introduction to the spirit world was very physical. I was awakened in the night by something I couldn’t see lifting me up off the ground (I was sleeping on the floor) . It held me suspended for a couple of seconds and then flung me back down. That was before I was involved in the occult.

Now when I hear people say that spirits are just archetypes or aspects of the personality or whatever, it’s all I can do to not laugh at them. Get manhandled just once by something you can’t see and it will change your outlook on such things.

9 Likes

To be fair, those people say that spirits are part of you. They become real through you and how real they become is based on your spiritual power.
They could say that you probably had a lot of spiritual power even before you started being in the occult.

@Faustus

I think those people are tossers.

3 Likes

tossers?

Wankers.

Thats only so in a particular hermetic context. Otherwise, its nonsense

3 Likes

That view while I could see it making sense seems like they mix thoughtforms up with actual entities. Because the more belief you give a thoughtform the more they have power over your perception even if it’s a simple trick of the mind.

5 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Yes. They lack discernment. And that is disturbingly common

5 Likes

They seem to be conjuring up a real spirit. They make the argument of UPG and how if spirits are objective, then why do they give different information to different people.

Oh, but they also DO give different people the same informations, regardless of their connection towards each others works. It happened often enough, already

5 Likes

Upg is exactly that. It’s unverified. Until it is verified, it’s garbage for all practical concerns.

3 Likes

That’s why they say that. If they experience something, it should be something that can be experienced by everyone. just like if someone sees a dollar on the floor, everyone can see the dollar.
I don’t believe it is subconscious, but those are the arguments they would make.

We all tailor information towards those we’re speaking to. Why wouldn’t they as well.

2 Likes