Wand Pith Replacement

Working on another wand and came across an issue I have with the driftwood wands I make. The pith of the tree needs to be carved out, but what to replace it with?

My inclination is resin or epoxy with crushed tourmaline or similar.

Any thoughts? Advice?

3 Likes

I just left mine look like thst bottom picture and used a clear coat on top of it. Someone told me I should fix it, but I kinda like the rough look.:woman_shrugging:t3:

Epoxy can do anything tho it seems like, and crushed stone would be cool, but wouldn’t it be more fragile?

2 Likes

I got a stone list I can check into what type of stone would be ideal for the nature of what you use it for.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys. It’s supposed to be a blank, so I can’t “finish” it with a sealant. Should’ve stated that.

2 Likes

Something tells me a resin would work better than epoxy, but I’m not too sure. I’m not much for handicrafts. Crushed stone sounds very cool though.

2 Likes

I powdered some of that raw tourmaline, so that’s what I’d mix with it.

3 Likes

So is there a specific type of magic it will most likely be used for?

Another idea that should have some power in it is use powdered bone

2 Likes

If it’s black T then it carries powers of, protection, security, stress relief, and absorbs negative energy.

So sounds like that would be real good for putting up defenses and shielding.

1 Like

Whatever the owner wanted. This one is a gift to a friend, so I have no idea, to be honest.

2 Likes

How nice of you, if you use the Black T you should let them know it has extra power in those fields so they know to expect that and actually activate it from the wand.

It must be a hassle drilling that skinny ass long hole.

2 Likes