Visualization journal

The purpose of this journal will be to document my progress in increasing the vividness of my visual imagination, but I’ll also be working with my other senses as well so that my imagination is refined in a balanced way.

I’ll start off by using the inverse color method, where you stare at a colored shaped for 2 or 3 minutes. Then looking away and focusing on the after image with closed or open eyes. Supposedly this stimulates your visual cortex which is better for people with weak visualization skills.

I’ll be consistently practicing for a minimum of five months, and I’ll be posting here to hold myself accountable. Ill also record other practices and tips that ive picked up during the course of this journal.

2 Likes

11/9/2023

I practiced 5 mins of sound concentration and the quality of the sound is a lot better

I practiced 5 rounds of 2 mins of staring at a red triangle and one minute of focusing on the afterimage of my eyes closed

I did 5 mins of smell concentration. This has to be my weakest sense, but im still gonna work on it

I did 5 mins of taste concentration. I should focus on a single taste instead of switching back and forth

I did around 3 mins of sight and hearing concentration, but I could feel fatigue coming so I stopped it short. I shouldn’t force the concentration that only causes strain I need to relax.

I did 5 mins of feeling concentration, and I focused on the feeling of coldness. It was easier on my system when I relaxed myself as there wasn’t as much strain. I also felt my navel chakra activate.

To be honest i was too tense during these exercises and i felt the strain. I need to relax more before i practice these exercises.

2 Likes

11/10/2023
I mightve done too much the previous day…
I might be getting sick soon so ill have to postpone training until i get better.

2 Likes