VIP Section of the forum

I would like to see a paid VIP section added to this forum. Basically it would separate the serious from the curious. Get rid of nooby trolls giving advise that comes straight from there ass. I’m sure EA could find many ways to add valuable content for VIP members. Possibly special articles and other content only available to VIP members.

I have seen this type of structure work well in other forums. It will increase the quality of conversation and allow you to network with a higher caliber of practitioner. I know I would definitely be down to pay for that. That’s not to say that I would not frequent the other sections of the site but it would be nice to have a place to go that was a safe haven from the “Advice on my new penis enlargement spell” questions.

So what do you guys think. Would it be a worthy investment?

[quote=“PHORBABOR, post:1, topic:1668”]I would like to see a paid VIP section added to this forum. Basically it would separate the serious from the curious. Get rid of nooby trolls giving advise that comes straight from there ass. I’m sure EA could find many ways to add valuable content for VIP members. Possibly special articles and other content only available to VIP members.

I have seen this type of structure work well in other forums. It will increase the quality of conversation and allow you to network with a higher caliber of practitioner. I know I would definitely be down to pay for that. That’s not to say that I would not frequent the other sections of the site but it would be nice to have a place to go that was a safe haven from the “Advice on my new penis enlargement spell” questions.

So what do you guys think. Would it be a worthy investment?[/quote]

Well, I’ve seen it done, too, and as a member of a VIP section in a particular forum, I would say that it is pretty unnecessary, and certainly doesn’t necessitate that people would actually be very serious. I think it is somewhat of a fallacy that somehow paying money for something makes you serious, and there are plenty of newbies who would pay hoping that the VIP would give them an edge or make it easier to attain power. So there’s a slippery slope, because while the logic works in a perfect ideal, it rarely ever is the case.

Also, since this is a forum where newbies come to learn, I am a bit surprised people become so annoyed when people ask questions that, although seemingly childish, are valid questions nonetheless. It doesn’t hurt me any to really hear someone ask about making a woman love them, a question that often reeks of insecure desperation and anxiety. I mean, are people really that threatened by the feebleness of a newcomer, that they simply cannot stand when they ask questions that a green newcomer would ask? I’m just saying, is it really that threatening?

[quote=“the1gza, post:2, topic:1668”][quote=“PHORBABOR, post:1, topic:1668”]I would like to see a paid VIP section added to this forum. Basically it would separate the serious from the curious. Get rid of nooby trolls giving advise that comes straight from there ass. I’m sure EA could find many ways to add valuable content for VIP members. Possibly special articles and other content only available to VIP members.

So what do you guys think. Would it be a worthy investment?[/quote]

Well, I’ve seen it done, too, and as a member of a VIP section in a particular forum, I would say that it is pretty unnecessary, and certainly doesn’t necessitate that people would actually be very serious. I think it is somewhat of a fallacy that somehow paying money for something makes you serious, and there are plenty of newbies who would pay hoping that the VIP would give them an edge or make it easier to attain power. So there’s a slippery slope, because while the logic works in a perfect ideal, it rarely ever is the case.

Also, since this is a forum where newbies come to learn, I am a bit surprised people become so annoyed when people ask questions that, although seemingly childish, are valid questions nonetheless. It doesn’t hurt me any to really hear someone ask about making a woman love them, a question that often reeks of insecure desperation and anxiety. I mean, are people really that threatened by the feebleness of a newcomer, that they simply cannot stand when they ask questions that a green newcomer would ask? I’m just saying, is it really that threatening?[/quote]

Well said, the1. In addition, it is possible that a newbie comes to these forums to learn serious magick and to better themselves on a deeper level, not just to ask for “quick fix” spells. By not allowing new members to join a VIP forum the forum is depriving itself of a potentially engaged student and (eventually) powerful magician.

If you read most of my post they are targeted at helping new practitioners. And yes there will always be new members willing to invest to but many will not as well. It is not bullet proof but it thins the herd.

From what I have seen thus far there are some talented people on this forum. You are correct there is nothing wrong with asking questions and but their is also nothing wrong with having a place on the site that is free from them. Where serious conversation takes place outside the normal nooby banter.

Maybe we make membership a two part equation. Post contribution and monetary contribution. I think that would work best. Possible even allow veteran members to vote on acceptance of new members. What do you think about that.

Also, a big part of the monetary worth would also be what EA and other high level members contributed. I have been a member of several BlackHat Marketing forums and their were always methods that were not released to the general public. Or we would get early realse before the general public.

[quote=“the1gza, post:2, topic:1668”]Well, I’ve seen it done, too, and as a member of a VIP section in a particular forum, I would say that it is pretty unnecessary, and certainly doesn’t necessitate that people would actually be very serious. I think it is somewhat of a fallacy that somehow paying money for something makes you serious, and there are plenty of newbies who would pay hoping that the VIP would give them an edge or make it easier to attain power. So there’s a slippery slope, because while the logic works in a perfect ideal, it rarely ever is the case.

Also, since this is a forum where newbies come to learn, I am a bit surprised people become so annoyed when people ask questions that, although seemingly childish, are valid questions nonetheless. It doesn’t hurt me any to really hear someone ask about making a woman love them, a question that often reeks of insecure desperation and anxiety. I mean, are people really that threatened by the feebleness of a newcomer, that they simply cannot stand when they ask questions that a green newcomer would ask? I’m just saying, is it really that threatening?[/quote]

Newbies can still come to the forum. There is plenty of information already for them to get started. Let me ask you this questions. Is their not information you would not share with a newbie. I for one would not hand a suicidal person a loaded gun. What I am talking about is high level stuff. The types of conversation that a noob would only derail. Possible you do not really understand my thinking in this matter. Crawl, walk, run.

In the end I would defer to EA. This is the forum for his movement thus he gets the final say. However, I have been involved in magical communities for over 15 years but am a newbie in the system EA teaches. I am a serious student yet it seems that I would not be allowed in a VIP forum since I have not been practicing this system as long as others. I think it’s useful to make a distinction between noob and newbie. There are totally ignorant and uninformed people on this site and people who are just learning but trying their best to improve themselves and grow magickally. Perhaps the distinction should be made between the seriousness of the student as opposed to how long they have been practicing. Just my two cents.

With 15 years experience you have alot to contribute to any conversation. The fact that this site is a magnet for new practitioners is why it interested me in the first place. I see the value in what he is doing and honestly want to help.

I am all for helping people. But setting standards and levels of advancement also help people progress. Let’s set the standards of achievement and define a clear path. If this is truly a movement then it should be more than just a help desk. Which is precisely what it is at the moment.

The feedback on this thread made me realize that it should be more than just a paid section. Make it also an earned section. I have not problem with donations if I feel the money is well spent. But basing it on merit is essential as-well.

I’d like to see an “unlike” button, so to manifest my disagreement

Disagreement with whom regarding what?

I like the idea of an earned section. I can see that offering motivation to people.

“I would like to see a paid VIP section added to this forum. Basically it would separate the serious from the curious. Get rid of nooby trolls giving advise that comes straight from there ass. I’m sure EA could find many ways to add valuable content for VIP members. Possibly special articles and other content only available to VIP members.”
_PHORBABOR

Look man…I get it. But, the forum is already self-cleaning. Some fuck-up gets on here wanting EVERYTHING for free…we usually tell then to their face that they are WAY out of line.

But I have to disagree with this whole thing however. It’s just adding more separation and elitism where, quite frankly, BALG really isn’t about that - at least from the philosophy presented by E.A. and Timothy.

This is exactly why I fucking bailed from evocationmagic.com

Disagreement with whom regarding what?[/quote]

To the subject itself. I’m GPL minded, don’t like “closed stuff”, specially on internet. To get that there are a lot of “closed groups” out there

There seems to be a few thread-posts along these lines of the Net-Culture 3 step:
try and open access so one can join (a particular group)

then (once one joins) affirm membership “we” all together

and then finally try and close the doors now that “we” are inside).

it is a psycho-social dynamic, but it seems to miss the aspect of how groups work.
-there is a public-aspect and then a couple of “layers” that reveals as one qualifies (none of these being “public”, but not exclusive, the drive is to have it clearly defined “how do I join?” am I in or not? rather the depth of knowledge and the depth of discussion has to develop as a result of the discussion
[the accesspt(s) vs those up to speed- not as a filtering, but getting the “shared terms and worldview” of discussion & demonstrated similar goals/actions/focals- not in words, but in fundamental principle-BldingBlocks, “what one does ongoing- without issue of whether Others know or not.”]

(neither the question-posts asking the same questions, that could be found in searching, nor the comment-posts about exclusivity really add to the information-discussion; but this forum doesn't really have the "group-mind" state to sustain info-discussion yet, beyond a quick read and comment... so as each figure out what they are experiencing and finding significant)  -as commenters above touched on, groups that try and impose an "outer-layer" of exclusion (in the public layer) just set up us-them, and politicize (while a further layer invitation can always be extended as that develops- that isn't a small-fee nor quick-certification... its something that develops over time), as in any case where one "becomes known to a group, and earns a reputation- demonstrating Who they are."

I wasn’t going to comment, but this touches on a subject I was seeing in biz-econ issues (its like comments about someone trying to figure how they can get access to those that make Projects happen, and try to reduce competition by seeing if Others can be excluded from such discussions… one doesn’t step into such conversations but is welcomed in with an introduction, and illustration(s).
-anyway, I don’t know if that adds, but figured it might contribute to the forum (and its as not-straightfwd, as seeing where is coming-from requires changing how one reads). -but other aspects of interest may ReVeal them-selves in ForumTopics like this (even if not explicitly in line with the stated question).

[quote=“PHORBABOR, post:1, topic:1668”]I would like to see a paid VIP section added to this forum. Basically it would separate the serious from the curious. Get rid of nooby trolls giving advise that comes straight from there ass. I’m sure EA could find many ways to add valuable content for VIP members. Possibly special articles and other content only available to VIP members.

I have seen this type of structure work well in other forums. It will increase the quality of conversation and allow you to network with a higher caliber of practitioner. I know I would definitely be down to pay for that.[/quote]
Thanks for sharing your suggestion. I’m happy to receive it.

Although, we’ve already declined on the option to add membership tiers.

The express purpose of this forum is to troubleshoot any problems magicians may have when working through E.A.'s educational programs.

Any intelligent discussion, learning, or friendly frivolity transpiring on top of that, is a free bonus.

We deliberately want to keep the functionality and goals of the forum simple.

Part of the beauty is that aspiring newcomers are able to associate with experienced practitioners, which enables them to accelerate their learning speed.

And in the inverse is also true, if skilled practitioners wish to ignore newcomers and only interact with fellow experts, they are also free to do that.

The only two people who have a real obligation to respond to questions from beginners are E.A. and myself. Everyone else can act how they please, barring obnoxious behavior.

That's not to say that I would not frequent the other sections of the site but it would be nice to have a place to go that was a safe haven from the "Advice on my new penis enlargement spell" questions.

You’ll be thrilled to learn that this forum is perfectly spam-free, and has been for several months.

hm, maybye a section just for the members that actually purchased a course?
so that we can discuss everything in the course without revealing to much to those who havent purchased it? since a few people seem to think its expensive, which it is not imo. its totally wort it.

but i like what timothy just posted, shows how open you guys are to new practitioners and not money greedy, and thats great.

"Part of the beauty is that aspiring newcomers are able to associate with experienced practitioners, which enables them to accelerate their learning speed.

And in the inverse is also true, if skilled practitioners wish to ignore newcomers and only interact with fellow experts, they are also free to do that.

The only two people who have a real obligation to respond to questions from beginners are E.A. and myself. Everyone else can act how they please, barring obnoxious behavior."

_Timothy

Amen, praise Jesus, and a thousand blessings!

Yeah…this place is pretty damn-near perfect. Personally, I like the fact that I can come on here and blow off steam/kid around if I need to (FluffyCatz thread)

AND

Ask some pretty serious questions about my Ascent too. As my father taught me…“Modey, there is a time and place for everything”. I think the “serious” people on here know that too. Take GOZER for instance…total bad-ass, humorous, and very serious about helping the less-experienced.

I’ve had a few PM’s with him that helped me immensely. But he always is serious enough in the forum that he never takes himself too seriously (IMHO).

Well then I guess the jury is out on this subject. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone I really do appreciate it. The fact that this is such an open and friendly forum is what makes it so unique. I can respect that and what your guys are trying to do.

[quote=“queasy, post:15, topic:1668”]hm, maybye a section just for the members that actually purchased a course?
so that we can discuss everything in the course without revealing to much to those who havent purchased it? since a few people seem to think its expensive, which it is not imo. its totally wort it.

( so that E.A. wont lose money to people just reading in the forum about the stuff E.A. teaches in the videos? )

but i like what timothy just posted, shows how open you guys are to new practitioners and not money greedy, and thats great.[/quote]

I’m not in the least bit worried about people reading about experiences people have had in working through the Training Course.

If you’re taking an academic course and you need some clarification, you can compare your notes with another student’s notes… but comparing notes isn’t going to be able to replace the value of actually taking the class, working the lab assignments, and getting the training that you need.

If anything, the newcomers who pop in here can see that some people are evoking like crazy as they work through the course, while others are having better results than they did before, but still need to refine it.

Even the people who start out their posts by saying “My evocation failed,” then go on to report demonic faces appearing in the smoke, voices coming to them with answers to their questions, wind blowing through a closed house, and the final manifestation of whatever the goal is that they’re trying to achieve.

The idea of a closed forum is something that Timothy and I have discussed, and have revisited a couple of times, but it’s just not the direction that Become A Living God is moving. We’re opening doors, not closing them!

A section like that would prohibit people such as myself from lurking…

I’m hesitant to add my 2 cents as I’m not going to waste time echoing what others say in their comments. I’m usually late to read posts and tend to keep myself.

That being said, I haven’t read this entire thread just yet… So I’m not even sure where this posting has headed.

I was going to comment but Timothy and EA summed up my feelings on the subject lol