Vibrating mantras

Is vibrating the same as chanting?. Do i have to just say the words or say them so they are vibrating in my throat?

3 Likes

No. When you chant your basically saying whatever your chanting in a rhythmic tone repeatedly for multiple times or as many is designated for the chant.

So for example chanting Belialā€™s enn ā€œLirach Tasa Vefa Wehlc Belial (3x)ā€, you would say it repeatedly but in a rhythmic tone three times

5 Likes

Excerpt from the NAOS:

1. Vibration:

Vibration implies that each part of the word to be used, (either alone or as part of a text or key) is resonated deeply and this requires the person to be standing and the ā€˜solar plexusā€™ to be used to generate the deep breathing required, the mouth acting as a resonant cavity. The vibration should be such that it is felt in the whole body - a vibration is not a shout or scream but rather a prolonged concentration of sound energy.

For example, to vibrate the word ā€˜Satanā€™. Take a deep breath and sound ā€˜Saā€™, for the length of that breath (not less than twenty seconds) trying to maintain the same level of intensity as the breath fades - then inhale quickly and vibrate ā€˜-tanā€™ while exhaling the same manner as before. Practice will enable the length of each part to be increased. To obtain the required ā€˜depthā€™ or power, attempt to project the sound in front of you to a point at least ten feet away.

The essence of vibration is control of the sound - it should be as even as possible and the same on all parts of the word or phrase. With practice, the relative pitch of vibration can be altered, although this is not as important as producing a powerful vibration since most magickal vibrations require power rather than finesse of pitch.

3 Likes

And what about repetitions? If i want to vibrate for example bija mantras for 100.000 times spending 20 seconds on 1 rep is pretty long.

Bija mantras are great and do them to get vibrations in the room started. So if you are attracting something to you and mantra , ahhhhhhhā€¦ do this until you FEEL it is enough to do BEFORE a working. For myself, the Bija mantra is over once I begin to hear multiple voices at the same time, then I begin my ritual

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been doing the same thing pre-evocation since I got turned on to chanting. While only now starting to explore mantra work in the more traditional sense, calling to a daemon in a chanting, structured fashion before you begin is very effective.

1 Like

How long does that take bruuuu? :joy:

2 Likes

Lolol. In my temple because its wooden floors and vaulted ceilingā€™s the sounds bounce off pretty easily. About 10 minutes of Mantra for me before I can start hearing the vibrations forming together

2 Likes

I read somewere that chanting mantras in mind is more powerfull than chanting aloud with voice. Someone can say something about it?

2 Likes

Hmm. :thinking: It would be bypassing the throat Chakra which is said to be an important part of Mantras.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that you donā€™t need to actually vibrate them, you can just whisper them and works the same. What matters is the state of mind.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s more powerful, more like itā€™s simply a more advanced technique.

Voice is easier for beginners to get a feel for the proper energetic vibration, before moving to a silent vibration in the mind.

2 Likes

due to my circumstances atm it would be difficult for me to actually chant, vibrate or basically talk out loud during a ritual, since i live in an appartment with thin walls and every neighbor could hear me.
but from what iā€™ve read, doing any of these things in the mind work just fine
i have attempted vibration in my mind casually to try and understand how it works and by doing that it felt like my brain was shakingā€¦would it have been effective if done during a ritual?
i would really preffer to be able to keep my work silent untill my living arrangement allows doing rituals aloud