Vedic Mantras:

Some Hindu Mantras are said to require iniation before chanting.

I’ve found some Mantras to the Vedic deities on YouTube. Listened to one and it was refreshing. Now I tried chanting it and the deity told me it’s okay and that the initiation story for the most part is a myth and advised me in a way to chant the Mantra as it may be beneficial to me.

The question is do those of you who are experienced think it’s okay? I personally have had no problems with it so far.

3 Likes

Well, if the deity in question told you it’s fine, then it’s fine. They would know lol

Remember, gurus are generally supported by their students, so the prevalent idea that you must be initiated in order to chant certain mantras most likely has more to do with the guru system than any actual spiritual reason.

I’m sure there are some mantras that do require initiation to receive the benefit of their full power, but going to the deity directly would bypass that.

3 Likes

I do think a guru can help us learn and its safer considering that many hindu deities are wrathful and are daevas in ahrimanic current too. However a individual who communes and connects with their deity can attain greater wisdom than it he was in the guru system. The system is good for students but not for inventors and mages.

1 Like

The Deity is actually very chilled. He did ask that I work with the other Vedic Gods as well and teach others about them.

1 Like

I’ve never really had this experience as they’re my Ancestral Gods but some forms no doubt are wrathful. This deity in particular is powerful but very benevolent. Actually the Vedic Gods are nice.

This is like how the Ahuras are also Asuras right?

1 Like

Kinda yeah. Indra was worshipped alongside many gods in iran. ZARATHUSTRA MADE HIM A DAEVA IN HIS WORK

1 Like

The initiation thing is not necessary, however if you do find a true guru that can help you, why not?

1 Like

May I ask who it is if you don’t mind sharing

1 Like

Reminds me of an old saying about one cultures Gods been another cultures Demons.

1 Like

Good point.

The Deity is Indra also known as Shakra

2 Likes

Indra is a technology company, yes youre right, today its a deity, :rofl: :rofl: jk

1 Like