Using tarot cards with majick?

So I was reading some of Thomas Karlson’s work,and he went into detail about the tarot amd their relations to the Sephiroth,Qlippoth,and their entities.Is there a way to use the cards in spells like you can runes,or use them to make contact with the spheres and their spirits?

I’ve had this exact same thought the last few days, interesting. Can we use a tarot card as the focus (like the candle in a candle magic spell) in order to perform sorcery? I was planning on testing this out before I posted anything, but it seems as though you’ve been brought to the same conclusion. I suggest we give it a go and see what we can do! From my study of the Golden Dawn in the past I know they do use the tarot very heavily in ritual, so I assume it would function in the same way that anything else you focus on would, namely allowing you to set your intent with an image (and a damn good one at that) which can then manifest.

Yes tarot cards can be used a focus for your magic.

I am currently do so with some cards on an altar for the spirit I bought from Necromaster. Play around with it and have fun.

I just got into tarot a few days ago when a ritual was performed to open my astral senses,so I’m going to do some studying on the cards then improvise a ritual.Let’s both try this and post any results.[quote=“Walker602, post:2, topic:2032”][quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:1, topic:2032”]So I was reading some of Thomas Karlson’s work,and he went into detail about the tarot amd their relations to the Sephiroth,Qlippoth,and their entities.Is there a way to use the cards in spells like you can runes,or use them to make contact with the spheres and their spirits?[/quote]

I’ve had this exact same thought the last few days, interesting. Can we use a tarot card as the focus (like the candle in a candle magic spell) in order to perform sorcery? I was planning on testing this out before I posted anything, but it seems as though you’ve been brought to the same conclusion. I suggest we give it a go and see what we can do! From my study of the Golden Dawn in the past I know they do use the tarot very heavily in ritual, so I assume it would function in the same way that anything else you focus on would, namely allowing you to set your intent with an image (and a damn good one at that) which can then manifest.[/quote]

Donald Tyson has a book on it, Portable Magic.

Sounds good to me. Also, where did you find this ritual for the senses?

Someone from the BALG forum evokoed Paralda for me.