Using magick to counteract astrology placements

Is it possible? I have a few unfavorable chart placements that unfortunately may get in my way in the future, and I want to shape everything to be to my advantage. I know astrology is just a guide, but I wanted to know just how powerful it was in comparison to using magick.

(This isn’t the case for me but hypothetically if you have bad luck in your chart, would doing repeated rituals and evocations for good luck cancel it out.)

4 Likes

I think this is basically the same question as was asked in this thread

Unless I’m mistaken

3 Likes

Not exactly. I’m asking if I can use spells & entity work to counteract bad aspects of my astrology chart. Though I do get what they were saying I wanted to know moreso how

2 Likes

A lotus wand was developed within the Golden Dawn precisely for this. You can invoke by hexagram a planet and sign within the planet. You can also do it by finger of the planet, and clockwise invoking toward you in a whirlpool type form.

1 Like

To the OP certain talismans and rituals are known to counteract “afflicted” placements in your natal chart. I know very little on the subject so I’ll call
@Dankquanicus to hopefully shed more light on the subject if he’s available.

2 Likes

Nullifying it removes all bad aspects and renders them with no effect on you. You can also selectively choose parts to nullify and what to keep or enhance.

4 Likes

How do you do this? I saw your post in the other thread but I didn’t really understand what you meant

2 Likes

Focus on the qualities that you wish to effect and either bring their opposite to a point where they cancel each other completely or enhance the quality with more of itself. You practice this first mentally but then by applying will and intent manifest it externally. It is the same as finding the balancing rate when using radionic equipment but purely in the mind. It is a very instinctive and visceral type click once you get it going.

So for instance to remove the effects of mars you place yourself in contact with its influence and energy in yourself and bring its opposite to bear in your imagination. Not the opposite in planetary energy but in pure concept and effect until neither exist anymore but they both perfectly cancel each other.

4 Likes

In astrology, you don’t work with spirits and talismans using Planetary forces that are afflicted in your natal chart, as some have an averse reaction when doing so. But, there are two things you can do to counter this. If Venus for example is afflicted in your natal chart, and you want love, then it is not advised to work with a Venus talisman or Spirit, but you can work with a Mansion of the Moon that brings you what you desire.

Alternatively, what you can do to lessen the negative effects of afflicted planets is borrowed from Vedic astrology. You can make a Planetary donation. With this you call upon the diety or intelligence of the planet and you make a vow to give a donation to a charity appropriate to that planet. You call upon the spirit at the appropriate Planetary hour, and you also make the donation in the appropriate Planetary hour.

5 Likes

Thing is, in Traditional Astrology, the position of the planets don’t affect personalty much. Psychology is something that only developed in the 19th century. So personality is more fluid. But the perspective in traditional astrology is that someone with an afflicted Venus for example is simply going to be more unlucky in matters of love or will have to work harder at love than others. It is an external thing rather than internal.

3 Likes

Whoah you’re blowing my mind bro :exploding_head::sunglasses:

2 Likes

You first internalize the method and then you apply it to the outer reality. This is how all magick functions. The action is mental and internal, forming the patterns of information which is then applied to the outer reality to obey or in this case the patterns that neutralize other patterns of information.

1 Like

Astrology is about the snapshot of the universe when you’re born as well as the astrological influences throughout your life time. There is some magick that uses astrology to set up the ritual. With something like this magick would be working against fate/destiny, which it is very good at. If you do magick enough you should be able to counter any bad hands you’ve been dealt in this lifetime including star alignments.

3 Likes

There are talismans in Hindu, Thai and Asian cultures for this exact purpose.

1 Like

Ashe and Denning have great books on astrological and planetary magic.

Magick supercedes destiny isn’t it. I reject destiny.