Use of Herbs Taken Internally to Enhance Magic and Workings

What is everyone’s thoughts on this? I’m not talking about “herb” ya dig? I’m referring to other herbs that don’t have such a profound physical effect or “high” so to speak. I would imagine marijuana may be feasible or even helpful to some people. I, on the other hand, cannot handle such a potent effect.
I’m talking about plants such as calea zacatechichi, silene capensis, kratom, etc. Is it strictly taboo? Do spirits view it as disrespectful? Does anyone here use these types of plants during magic?

If there’s a taboo to taking magical herbs internally, I was unaware of it. First make sure it’s not poisonous if ingested, but the herbs I’ve taken internally can even be added to food or made into tea.

If you think about it, the seasoning herbs you have in your spice rack and pantry can also be used for magic. You can certainly eat those herbs. So unless it’s going to make you sick, I don’t see why you couldn’t ingest the herbs you mentioned as part of your workings. My two cents.

I’ve never heard of spirits objecting to this, there’s a huge and respectable history of ceremonial use of plants in this way.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of spirits objecting to this, there’s a huge and respectable history of ceremonial use of plants in this way.[/quote]

My reasoning for asking this question is I’ve read that to work with demons (if you choose to call then that) you must be of the utmost sobriety. Now these plants that I use only minimally alter consciousness. I’m not using any plants that contain illicit or extraordinarily intoxicating alkaloids such as dimethyltriptamine or ibogaine. But plants such as blue lotus (Nymphaea caerulea), that provide me with a heightened state of awareness or relaxation.

S. capensis has become a new favorite. It is used for dream divination. Very little research has been done but it isn’t dangerous in any way. It’s actually the root that is used. Taking that particular plant is a ritual in itself. The reason being that I must powder the root, put the powder in water, agitate the water until a foam forms on top. Then I eat the foam. The trick is to eat enough to get a dose but not a large enough amount to vomit. I do this twice a day, starting about a week ago. It’s interesting because you won’t get an effect until you have done this a minimum of three days. I experienced my first effects last night. Indigenous peoples that use it claim that after three months, the effects are permanent. Anecdotal internet reports support those claims.

Sorry if this is getting off topic. I just wonder if anyone feels that this sort of thing is cheating or taking a shortcut.

I’ve heard kratom is similar to salvia denorum and for some people those can cause a really bad trip especially if you take too much the first time. I have never tried either. I was going to order some salvia and try it because it’s cheaper than weed but my finances were tied up at the time and when I was finally able to purchase some the U.S. made it illegal to ship to Kentucky. It was still legal in Ohio but of course, by the time I moved back to Ohio now it’s illegal here too.

I cannot wait until they legalize marajuana all over the U.S. I think it’s bull that the government says go ahead and snort 9 percocets up your nose, those can make you OD but they’re perfectly legal, but marajuana which has never caused anyone to overdose, ever, is illegal. I have actually been using Dxm to fulfill my needs of connecting with the spirits on a higher level. Not to be confused with Dmt. It’s very calming and pleasing in small doses but too much can make you hallucinate. The spirits do not get offended, and I have found that it helps me see them better, more pronounced and colorful images. I’ve had some pretty vivid results.

1 Like

As long as it’s non toxic or carefully taking in non legal amounts, it’s fine. Drinking and smoking certain herbs (such as tobacco, Mugwort, etc.) Has been part of many magical traditions.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:5, topic:5800”]I’ve heard kratom is similar to salvia denorum and for some people those can cause a really bad trip especially if you take too much the first time. I have never tried either. I was going to order some salvia and try it because it’s cheaper than weed but my finances were tied up at the time and when I was finally able to purchase some the U.S. made it illegal to ship to Kentucky. It was still legal in Ohio but of course, by the time I moved back to Ohio now it’s illegal here too.

I cannot wait until they legalize marajuana all over the U.S. I think it’s bull that the government says go ahead and snort 9 percocets up your nose, those can make you OD but they’re perfectly legal, but marajuana which has never caused anyone to overdose, ever, is illegal. I have actually been using Dxm to fulfill my needs of connecting with the spirits on a higher level. Not to be confused with Dmt. It’s very calming and pleasing in small doses but too much can make you hallucinate. The spirits do not get offended, and I have found that it helps me see them better, more pronounced and colorful images. I’ve had some pretty vivid results.[/quote]

Well, kratom is nothing like salvia. Salvia is a type of sage and kratom is more closely related to coffee. I really wish there wasn’t such misinformation about kratom but unfortunately, head shops and websites often advertise them together as “legal highs”. Kratom is very near and dear to my heart. I take it multiple times a day, every day and have for years. I honestly feel that I would not be alive now and would’ve lost the will to live quite some time ago because of crippling depression. The effects of kratom are very mild and it’s more like medicine than anything. There is no kratom “trip”. It is an effective treatment for pain and depression which is why there’s trouble getting it imported now, because it’s effective. It’s also a treatment for opiate addiction. Yet another reason for the govt to try and ban it.
Anyway,
Salvia on the other hand has powerful effects. When you go to purchase it online or head shops, you’re usually buying an extract. Almost always. I’ve had that several times and it’s so strong that you wouldn’t be able to perform any magic. In fact, the concepts of “you” “magic” etc will cease to exist for you got a good ten or fifteen minutes.
But, perhaps with salvia you could try to do some work beforehand. Maybe going into salvia land with a purpose will net you some answers. Salvia literally takes you away from earth, away from our dimension. It takes you somewhere else. Just being present while someone else takes it will convince you that their soul and consciousness has left their body. (Don’t listen to what Miley Cyrus said or did. It’s not like that) When they get back, they will tell you that they went away. People have reported that they live a second life. In other words for example, your name is Mary and you drive a bus normally. But when you have salvia, you are now your other life. Your name is Bjorn from Finland where you are a cabinet maker with three children. Others have reported going to another planet and meeting an alien species. Personally, when I would have it, it was just a bunch of nonsensical, random visions. Nothing really meaningful at all. Salvia divinorum means diviners sage. It has a tradition of shamanic use in Mexico. Very powerful stuff indeed.

Now I’m curious about how that would work out.

Yes, well mugwort will give you a mild buzz. I smoked it a few times out of desperation when my area was dry of other things LOL. But it can also make you feel a little off in your equilibrium, like mild hallucinations if you use too much which is probably not the herb itself, probably just your mind saying wtf are you smoking? But mugwort used to be called pirate’s weed as pirates were known to smoke it to get a mild buzz going. But then it makes you very sleepy and for some, it gives them bad headaches more than anything else.

1 Like