Understanding the Sixth and Seventh Book of Moses

Hello everyone,
I was going through a thread about the Sixth and Seventh book of Moses because that is where my interest has been all this while. I got confused on few things that I will like to get answers which I believe I will.

I came across someone saying:
The first seven mystery seals do not require the use of a circle. What about the 12 tables of spirits.

(How safe is this or any advice on it as a newbie to the book).

I also came across this:

Semiforas of Moses

Abgmcan, Loaraceram, Naodicras, Pecarcecays, Acaptena, Yegin, Podayg, Sauocicum,

(Which should be named when you work with the four angels which sealed the four parts of the world).

Semiforas of Adam

Elyaon, Yacna (Yaena?), Adonay, Cados, Ebreel, Eloy, Ela, Agyel, Ayom, Suth, Adon, Sulela, Eloym, Deliom, Yacy, Elyn, Delys, Yacy, Zazael, Paliel, Man, Myel, Enola, Dylatan, Saday, Alma, Paxym, l’re Saena, Alym, Catynal, Vza~, Yaraf, Calpy, Calsas, Safua (or Safna), Nycam, Saday, Aglataon, Sya, Emanuel, Joth, Lalaph, Vm, Via, Tllan, Domyfraël, Muel, Lalialins, Alla, Phenor, Aglata, Tyel, Pyel, Patriceron, Chepheron, Baryon and Yael.

(Which should be used in each thing, in all work and time, and upon the 4 elements.)

When is it necessary or at which point should any of these words of power be uttered or spoken in your workings or during conjurations.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I can’t really help with this but try bumping your post in a few hours, the forum’s usually pretty quiet when you posted, and for about another hour or so (and actually, often on a Saturday as well). You’re not being ignored! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think a big part of understanding how this system works is to understand where the material came from, which would be the Sefer Raziel HaMalakh for a majority of the rituals. Copyright laws did not exist when historical grimoires were being written, so it is not uncommon to see the same content (sometimes word for word) appear in different grimoires. The Sixth and seventh books of Moses were originally pamphlets that were distributed throughout germany, which had both jewish and christian communities along with Masonic societies. Considering the Sefer Raziel HaMalakh had a reputation of being a “notorious work of necromancy” within germany, I do not find it surprising that the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses contain the same information.

Why is this important? Because by understanding where the system drew its inspiration from, you can have an understanding of the ritual format. For example, considering the Sefer Raziel HaMalakh drew its inspiration from another text known as the Sefer HaRazim, I am not surprised that there are no circles mentioned with the seals. They are not really present in historical jewish magic. I cannot say if it necessarily effects the safety of the work, just that it is not something really present. You could adapt the working to include them if you feel it is necessary, although I am not sure how it will influence the potency.

As far as the words of power you mentioned, they appear to follow a similiar pattern to the HaRazim where there is a leader of the working called first (such as the four Angels of the corners you mentioned) and following with the list of names of other spirits involved in the working that are called afterwards during the inchantation. I will have to study the other rituals within the Sixth and seventh books of Moses to confirm this, but it is something that got my attention. I believe the Sword of Moses also follows a similiar format if I recall correctly.

There is another text that may have had influence on these texts is the Picatrix, which had the same reputation at the time in the same region but I cannot really go into too much detail as to how as I am not familiar with the text.

1 Like

I don’t know too much about this grimoire, but if you check out the book Wealth Magick by Damon Brand rituals 2 and 6 in that book use material from The Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses, so you could use that as a reference to help with the rest of the magick.

1 Like

Wonderful elaboration, hoping to get more from others who have had success with it.