TV turning on by itself

It just occurred to me that it might be yourself doing it subconsciously. They say half of all Poltergeist activity is the latent abilities of the victim themselves. Try turning it on with your mind and see what happens you may learn something about yourself.

2 Likes

Valkarath I think it would just work regardless. Let say that someone who doesn’t believe in magick scattered salt all over their home. It would still repel negativity even if the person doesn’t believe in it.

Adamthot I don’t have that much psychic power and I didn’t even want to turn the TV on.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from. I just don’t completely agree with it. And that’s ok. :smiley:

Thanks for the interesting discussion, @Lola.

2 Likes

We always need to rule out potentially dangerous physical issues first.

Beyond that there is nothing to fear.

Don’t you want the proof? Don’t you want spirits swirling around you ready to help you?

When poltergeist activity occurs, you could consider it a friendly poke. It is someone saying “Hey Lola! I’m here. It IS real, but you aren’t listening!”

I normally just say: “Oh hello! Thanks for making your presence known. I’m sorry if I didn’t hear you. Feel free to try again. You are welcome here as long as you are friendly. What’s your name?”

Obviously if my wife is around I just pretend nothing significant happened and commit to reaching our to the spirit later.

1 Like

Oh I wish, you don’t know how much I wish… Only life got me more accustomed to have enemies than friends so I’m always on my guard.

1 Like

They are friendly, but your own blockages can cause issues. It is like dogs that can smell fear.

You have a choice, right now. Be a nexus of awesomeness and decide that the spirits pose no threat to you because you are the fleshy one, you are the one with physical power, you get to choose your friends. Put the world on notice that you will not be trifled with, but you are looking for allies. You choose who and what enters your home. Yes when no human is around, go ahead and say it out loud. Mean it!

Or you can be afraid.

“Lola - Nexus of Awesomeness” has a good ring to it.

2 Likes