Turkic Gods

Hello, has anyone worked with Turkic Gods or prayed to them? As I’m Turkish I wanted to know how I could communicate with them and seek guidence.
Should I just talk to them everyday and ask them to give me signs or help me draw their sigils (Like a sigil always comes to my mind and a specific God telling me “This is my sigil”)? Also does anyone know a hymn or a chant to call them?

1 Like

Aren’t the turks muslims?

1 Like

Nah the Turkic people had their own deities much like the Arabs before Islam took over.

OP I’m sorry as I have no knowledge on Turkic deities but since they’re the Gods of your ancestors, you could research and start by praying to them?

3 Likes

In my opinion just a little bit more than half of the population is but obviously not %98 as the “statistics” say. It appears as almost all Turkey is muslim because the census just looks at your ID and sees “Muslim” (As a baby cant choose a religion, your family chooses) and your counted as muslim. For an example in my class (14 People) there are just 1 muslim, the rest are atheist, agnostic, deist.

Thanks

The Turkish pantheon is sadly rarely ever mentioned in the occult community as far as I know, they are so underrated tbh.

4 Likes

Kinda bumping this thread, because I’ve read that there are some parallels with the old Hunnic/Hungarian gods - I found that gods in Tengrism could have a connection with the Sumerian pantheon, but I got stuck there… still, good luck to you finding your ancestral pantheon and working with them! :smile:

2 Likes

Any names available of dark Demonic entities of the turks?

1 Like

Turkish mythology doesn’t really have demons they have “malevolent” spirits that are akin to Fae such as Bastı, a malevolent goblin. However some of their mythological creatures span from Mesopotamian mythology.

2 Likes

Bastı is also a like a title added to some of the food names like kalbura bastı, köfte bastı, patlıcan bastı lol

1 Like

Lol that’s pretty cool

1 Like

Hotep, have you tried Searching pre-Monothiestic Islam? Mecca was built and venerated for three distinct goddesses mentioned in the Quran. Menat, Allat, and Al Uzza. Much was lost dude to history though I’m sure there are tribal myths and legends in Turkey. I’d look for pre-helenic dieties in that area. Js might help

3 Likes

Search about Tengri and his lore and you’ll get your answers.

4 Likes