Tulpamancy

Hello there, community!

I am asking you if you know anything about tulpamancy, and especially “DarkestKnight”, if he is willing to talk with me about this subject. I heared a lot of possible fake news about the subject, so I want to discuss this matter with you too.

Thank you!

1 Like

It would be more useful to start a discussion if you asked specific questions, or even laid out theories that you are suspicious of for discussion. Just asking ‘what do you know’ is not going to get the response you want, because we dont know the direction you want to go with this thread.

@DarkestKnight you were namedropped here xD Just letting you know with a mention.

2 Likes

I want to hear all you think/know/think you know about this subject, mainly. For example, if you know one theory about this, I’m more than happy to hear about it. I heared lots of stories and don’t really know what’s true and what’s not.

It’s my first time hearing about Tulpmancy, I’m interested in hearing about it.

1 Like

Well, part of the confusion lies in the fact that people misuse the term *tulpa."

Like the term pathworking, which has entered common parlance and been divorced from its original definition, people use the world “tulpa” when what they really mean is sevitor or thoughtform. They are not the same thing.

Tulpa is a Tibetan word that refers to an actual physical being created by thought. A tulpa is as real as you and me, and to create one requires months of intense concentration and meditation on certain mandalas.

They are not analogous to Western servitors or eregores. They are conscious, living beings of flesh.

If you want to learn about true tulpas, I recommend you read “Magic and Mystery in Tibet,” by Alexandra David-Neel, the book that first introduced the word to the Western New Age consciousness in 1971. It details her experience with creating one.

Another good book is “An Unlikely Prophet,” by former Superman comic book writer Alvin Schwartz, that describes his encounter with one, and the effect it had on his life (it also demonstrates the difference between an actual tulpa and a thoutform).

8 Likes

I want to ask you this: I heared from some of my friends, and even read it in this forum, that tulpas can get really dangerous. How and why?

More to this, I can’t really understand how something that I make from my energy and thought can get alive in the earthrealm. Shouldn’t it be just a spirit, or… an entity that only some people should be able to hear/see/touch? (I have to mention that I know more about the western tulpas than of the eastern tulpas, and I don’t really understand the concept)

Okay, so you are talking about servitors, not tulpas. As I explained, tulpas are not the same thing. People just misuse the term.

An true trulpa can be dangerous because it is an actual living being, as I said. It has its own mind, and feelings, and “soul” for want of a better word, and will do anything to maintain its existence. If you read the book I mentioned above, Magic and Mystery in Tibet, the author talks about how her tulpa went rogue and how she had to put down it down lest it destroy the local village (it had set fire to a building). It wasn’t easy to accomplish though.

Frankly, neither can I. However, there are many esoteric techniques that we in the West know nothing about due to knowledge being hoarded, or destroyed, by the Church during what’s popularly known as the Dark Ages, and by the fact that they are very closely guarded secrets in the Temples and monasteries where they are practiced.

Alexandra David-Neel, for example, does not provide the mandala she used in the creation process of her tulpa, and, from what I understand, had taken binding oaths not to reveal all she knew as a requisite for learning what she did.

A servitor can be dangerous as well, though not in the same way as a true tulpa. It can begin to subtly manipulate its creator to feed off their energy in order to maintain its own existence, if proper maintenance is not followed. It can harass and even try to scare those sensitive enough in order continue living. That’s why most authors recommend installing a kill switch into them during the creation process. However, it is actually a rarity for such a thing to happen with a servitor. In his book on the subject, Damon Brand states that in all his practice, he has only ever had one servitor go rogue and become a minor annoyance.

All I can recommend is that you read the two books I mentioned to get a sense of the difference between a true tulpa, and the Western idea of a servitor.

4 Likes

You know? This sentence made me think about the whole concept of haunted house. Do you think servitors can be the ghosts/presences/things people claims to exist in haunted houses?

Yes. Some people have deliberately created servitors to do just that. See Taylor Ellwood and Michael Cunningham’s book “Creating Magical Entities” for just such a story. One of the authors created a servitor to “haunt” a house to get revenge on a landlord who wouldn’t return their deposit.

3 Likes

Another title to the list of “Knight recomends this book”. Thanks, man.

1 Like

Incredible.

The african magick And tibetan magick have such mistery and wisdom

2 Likes

I think the mystery part is because there is not a lot of the esoteric knowledge held in Tibet shared outside of it so it’s hard to know what to believe. There’s another book, “Occult Tibet,” where the author claims to have witnessed monks moving large boulders via sound waves produced by a certain type of instrument.

3 Likes

Can the tulpas be humans? Or are they usually different creatures

As far as I understand, true tulpas are always human.

Servitors, on the other hand, can be anything.

1 Like

Can someone make tulpa bodies for the gatekeepers as they want human bodies?

It doesn’t work that way. While I don’t know the exact creation process, I do know that tulpas are not empty vessels for something else to occupy. They have their own consciousness.

1 Like

This subject is interesting, and I slowly begin to understand why tulpamancy is a banned type of magick. First of all… we don’t really know how to do it properly, or even if we succed in doing so, we wouldn’t really know what to do, what to expect, etc…

Another question: what can be these servitor/tulpas used for? One friend of mine told me once that he managed to create a servitor who was ambitextrious, and while he was solving a math problem with his right hand, his servitor was solving a physics exercise with his left hand. The interesting thing is that this process happened in the same time.

From what I know, a tulpa/servitor is made from literally splitting one’s soul and bringing it to existence in this realm. After the split is done, one will give his splitted soul a body form, a personality, a level of consciousness, etc. Am I wrong?

1 Like

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but would a tulpa then be akin to the jewish (or any wot fans on here) Gollum?

1 Like

Tibetan magick fascinates me. Have you heard of the practice of tattooing mandalas and sacred texts that bind the practioner and protect them from harm going so far as to make some seemingly invincible?

1 Like

Greg braden talks about the healing some of these monks can do and also goes into how some of them are over a thousand years old.

1 Like