To what extent can/have you replaced sleep with meditation?

I have been curious about this for a while and something white jesus said rekindled my curiosity. Is it possible? If I could meditate for 4 hours(which to me covers everything from invocation of omnipotence to no mind) and sleep for 3-4 hours I would be happy. anybody heard of this or have done this themselves?

Intense meedtations used to make me feel less like sleeping, but I think this is way too personal.

You might be interested in yoga nidra. It deals with using a systematic process of entering the delta state while being fully aware. When an individual masters it, 1 hour of yoga nidra while equal 4 hours of restful sleep. Although I have not mastered this method by itself, I can say that entering delta can really change stuff like that. Time goes by way slower there; 2 hours of sleep can feel like 15. Although it’s not meditation per se, what it does is that it extends the waking day massively. It almost threw me off becaus I had no idea what to do with 6 extra hours in a day. But yoga nidra would be my weapon of choice, or you could just experiment with the course you downloaded.

Lol it’s really rhp but I’m interested in using the techniques… I hope the mp3 isn’t as good bit was a sales pitch. Though I’m not sure what difference it will make.

Damnit gza! I came here to post about yoga nidra!

They say also you could listen to binaural beats in the delta state. 30 minutes replace 4 hours of sleep.

More information on yoga nidra here:

[url=http://www.swamij.com/yoga-nidra.htm]http://www.swamij.com/yoga-nidra.htm[/url]

[quote=“Omnipresent, post:5, topic:3020”]Damnit gza! I came here to post about yoga nidra!

They say also you could listen to binaural beats in the delta state. 30 minutes replace 4 hours of sleep.

More information on yoga nidra here:

[url=http://www.swamij.com/yoga-nidra.htm]http://www.swamij.com/yoga-nidra.htm[/url][/quote]

That Swamij recorded yoga nidra is my shit! I’ve sampled and tried out a lot of different recordings, and this one is pretty good. No music, just him leading you through the process. I mean eventually you want to be able to do it on your own, but until then this is a top-notch intro.

On the surface it seems RHP, but honestly… these terms are very limiting. Just think, there are many entities considered LHP that heal, but that’s considered an RHP ability. What is the difference, “Marbas sinisterly draws energy into your Root Chakra”… that’s a pretty hard stretch. So I wouldn’t get hung up on that, it’s all about the power at the end of the day and this definitely does it for those who are looking for it.

Honestly, I have seen both be useful, both the mp3 and the lossless audio. The thing about the sound is that when working with entrainment tech, there is a lot of stuff going on with the particular sounds that help facilitate the state. Mp3 writes out specific parts of the sound makeup, which is supposed to interfere with the nuances of the sound frequency. If it is wav, flac, or original copy, that doesn’t happen because wav and flac are lossless, and the original is obviously original.

However, experientially I have seen people get pretty much what they came for with both mp3 and wav. I bought the course to have the physical copy on hand, and honestly so that I wasn’t always having to run to my computer to listen to the stuff. I also bought it because it was a good product; there may be merit to the difference in sound quality, but I haven’t put much into finding that out. From others I know who used the mp3, I would say it will take you close enough so that even if there is something missing, you can still pick up the pieces just by being present.

just started downloading the .wav version and deleted the .mp3

You found a .wav version for both courses? I know there is one for Remote Viewing, but the Remote Influencing I could not find.

I’ll have to look at the files once it’s done, I may just download the .mp3 again if that’s the case.

I’m new here, hope it’s not bad policy to start posting personal stories without an intro :slight_smile:

I’ve been studying and working with everything related to sleep and dreaming the last few years and I’ve experienced what the topic starter wonders about a few years ago. At the time I was obsessed with Astral projection, I loved lucid dreaming but it was all about the Astral for me back then (later I learned I did not at all realize how powerful true dreaming is, but that is another story altogether).

The technique I used wasn’t anything pretty, even though I thought it was rather awesome back in those days. I basically combined utter devotion for the end result with pure stubbornness to reach a state where the body would die down. It would generally take about two hours for me until the chakra’s started spinning, sleep paralysis sunk in and breathing depth diminished. At that point I would be tested, if I was focused and lucid I could survive the attempt that was made upon me to fall away with the body. In the beginning I often woke up frustrated the next morning, have spent hours in meditation with nothing to show for it (even though it is a rather soothing and calming experience altogether).

I got better and better at it and succeeded to remain awake with the body asleep often, when it finally hit me that success was 100% guaranteed if I just did not yield to the sensations of the body under any circumstances I could get it every time I wanted. I tried my hand at projections from that state (mixed results), explored my thoughts and ideas from a very lucid and totally unburdened perspective and had interesting discussions with entities. At one point however, after a few weeks of total dedication I came to a point where something weird happened. Normally I would reach this state and attempt an OBE, and that would either end successful or with me pushing my energy around so aggressive the body would wake up. I decided to stop trying to OBE, since my success rate was around the 25% or less anyway. The first time I tried this I was in the state for about four hours and could not sleep afterwards, when I got up I was totally awake and invigorated. I was baffled. The next day I did it again, I reached the state faster (giving up wanting the OBE removed a lot of friction). This time I was in it slightly shorter, woke up again and felt perfect once more. The third day I was getting worried I was pushing the envelope, I thought that I should perhaps not push this without a break here and there? Give my mind and body time to adjust? I had all kind of reasons but I think in the end I was afraid I would not be able to sleep normal again, and while I didn’t need the rest the idea brought fear with it nonetheless.

That third evening I went to bed “normally”, deciding to just sleep. I should have known better, after weeks of programming I ended up exactly where I left off the other days, for me there was no sleep to be found. In the state I was in worry or fear wasn’t a possibility (delicious) so it was all good. The following day I learned once more that subtle states are gentle and fragile, my girlfriend of the time came to my house and started a huge fit about nothing, as she often did. She barraged me for hours and it really hit a few nerves. I often cancelled my night practices when she was there but this time, when she was gone, I was back to “normal”. Reality had reclaimed me, and I felt a fool for ever wanting the experience to end.

As to what it is like, for me it was very different from OBE’s and lucid dreaming because there was no body. If you hang in the state long enough you forget about the physical body, but unlike OBE’s and LD’s you don’t manifest a physical world experience, you’re pure consciousness. In this state it’s possible to explore really abstract and difficult to grasp concepts, because without the human logic and its forced ideas and fears suddenly you not only understand much more, you can receive vast amounts of information from very direct sources. Other things that are possible are the exploration of the higher self, past lives, oversoul concepts etc. This is all very personal though, some might explore past lives and reflect how the current expression fits into that, others might not need that at all and could explore something totally different. Often the experience is guided. I’m pretty sure you can speak to spirits/demons etc you’ve connected with on a deeper level in this state but since I was not into evocation at the time it is untested, the downside would be that you would likely start struggling with the human perspective of invocation versus the view you would have “up” there.

If I were to compare it to something I would say higher level journeys with really strong medicine plants containing DMT come to mind, where for me the whole idea of being human is thrown in the blender temporarily for a more universal view of things.

Hope this helps someone :slight_smile: If you want some tips on how to achieve the state and are crazy enough to lie in meditation for a few hours every night let me know.

Great post, welcome Yuri!

I am curious if anyone knows of any suggestions for nutritional supplements to aid a person into having more energy with less sleeping time. B-6 and B-12 has been noted for dream recall. What about melotonin? Anyone tried the dietary avenue mixed with yoga exercises to boost your waking time?

An interesting goal would be to work around the clock and when I have a few hours to meditate just relax into desired brainwaves, explore and wake up and go back to work. I would like to try to work into that considering I get paid by job completion rather than working by the hour.

I got some pretty good yoga tips from here that could boost me into this schedule, now is there any nutritional aspects I could be overlooking? I checked my old college books and I cant help but to think its flawed from any “good” information.

[quote=“Yuri, post:11, topic:3020”]I’m new here, hope it’s not bad policy to start posting personal stories without an intro :slight_smile:

I’ve been studying and working with everything related to sleep and dreaming the last few years and I’ve experienced what the topic starter wonders about a few years ago. At the time I was obsessed with Astral projection, I loved lucid dreaming but it was all about the Astral for me back then (later I learned I did not at all realize how powerful true dreaming is, but that is another story altogether).

The technique I used wasn’t anything pretty, even though I thought it was rather awesome back in those days. I basically combined utter devotion for the end result with pure stubbornness to reach a state where the body would die down. It would generally take about two hours for me until the chakra’s started spinning, sleep paralysis sunk in and breathing depth diminished. At that point I would be tested, if I was focused and lucid I could survive the attempt that was made upon me to fall away with the body. In the beginning I often woke up frustrated the next morning, have spent hours in meditation with nothing to show for it (even though it is a rather soothing and calming experience altogether).

I got better and better at it and succeeded to remain awake with the body asleep often, when it finally hit me that success was 100% guaranteed if I just did not yield to the sensations of the body under any circumstances I could get it every time I wanted. I tried my hand at projections from that state (mixed results), explored my thoughts and ideas from a very lucid and totally unburdened perspective and had interesting discussions with entities. At one point however, after a few weeks of total dedication I came to a point where something weird happened. Normally I would reach this state and attempt an OBE, and that would either end successful or with me pushing my energy around so aggressive the body would wake up. I decided to stop trying to OBE, since my success rate was around the 25% or less anyway. The first time I tried this I was in the state for about four hours and could not sleep afterwards, when I got up I was totally awake and invigorated. I was baffled. The next day I did it again, I reached the state faster (giving up wanting the OBE removed a lot of friction). This time I was in it slightly shorter, woke up again and felt perfect once more. The third day I was getting worried I was pushing the envelope, I thought that I should perhaps not push this without a break here and there? Give my mind and body time to adjust? I had all kind of reasons but I think in the end I was afraid I would not be able to sleep normal again, and while I didn’t need the rest the idea brought fear with it nonetheless.

That third evening I went to bed “normally”, deciding to just sleep. I should have known better, after weeks of programming I ended up exactly where I left off the other days, for me there was no sleep to be found. In the state I was in worry or fear wasn’t a possibility (delicious) so it was all good. The following day I learned once more that subtle states are gentle and fragile, my girlfriend of the time came to my house and started a huge fit about nothing, as she often did. She barraged me for hours and it really hit a few nerves. I often cancelled my night practices when she was there but this time, when she was gone, I was back to “normal”. Reality had reclaimed me, and I felt a fool for ever wanting the experience to end.

As to what it is like, for me it was very different from OBE’s and lucid dreaming because there was no body. If you hang in the state long enough you forget about the physical body, but unlike OBE’s and LD’s you don’t manifest a physical world experience, you’re pure consciousness. In this state it’s possible to explore really abstract and difficult to grasp concepts, because without the human logic and its forced ideas and fears suddenly you not only understand much more, you can receive vast amounts of information from very direct sources. Other things that are possible are the exploration of the higher self, past lives, oversoul concepts etc. This is all very personal though, some might explore past lives and reflect how the current expression fits into that, others might not need that at all and could explore something totally different. Often the experience is guided. I’m pretty sure you can speak to spirits/demons etc you’ve connected with on a deeper level in this state but since I was not into evocation at the time it is untested, the downside would be that you would likely start struggling with the human perspective of invocation versus the view you would have “up” there.

If I were to compare it to something I would say higher level journeys with really strong medicine plants containing DMT come to mind, where for me the whole idea of being human is thrown in the blender temporarily for a more universal view of things.

Hope this helps someone :slight_smile: If you want some tips on how to achieve the state and are crazy enough to lie in meditation for a few hours every night let me know.[/quote]

If you can get more into true dreaming at some point, I would be all ears for that topic!

does anyone know how to post a topic?

I’ll see if I can write something up in the weekend. Obviously the concept is too vast to be explained in just one topic (one would need a book and even then it comes down to doing mostly), but we can at least start a good conversation hopefully :slight_smile:

I did this when I was twenty. Slept about four to five hours a night, was constantly feeling like I was on an adrenaline hit, never got tired. I was doing lots of pranayama, ritual, and meditation. I was also eating vegetarian and maintaining celibacy. I think the combination of those factors significantly reduced my need for sleep.