Titan Magic Journal

This is a journal recording my experiences working with the book “Titan Magic” by Hecateus Apuliensis. The book relies pretty heavily on an opening ritual woth either Gaia or Hecate and follows with pathworking imagery to help the individual establish a connection to the titan in order to send a petition for aid. It lools very beginner friendly, even with some very short phrases in Greek being used (both pronunciation and translations are provided in the text).

For this journal, I will be working with each titan for at least 14 days, unless i feel otherwise is needed. This journal will be a record of not only results but of whatever pops up in rhe meditations.

12 Likes

Gaia Day 1

Gaia is technically not a titan, but seeing as she is involved in the opening ritual for the other titans in this system, I felt the need to know her.

I began the meditation by taking a few deep breaths, allowing my body to relax. I visualized the Rocky mountains I used to see often as a child as I chanted “Hio Gaia” (“Hail Gaia”). I felt a shift of calm and steadiness as the imagery of stepping into a pit came to mind. The pit lead to the mantle of the earth and the magma began to travel up my body, turing it to obsidian as it cooled by left “veins” of the orange glow. The very edges began to soften as grass and lichens began to grow. I watched my breath turn to volcanic smoke and steam. I knew I was one with the both destructive and creative aspects of the earth.

I thanked her for her presence, made my petition for aid in understanding her and dismissed her, feeling both grounded and energized.

9 Likes

Reflections from Day One

Mood wise, I was pretty calm. Work was smooth and allowed me time to get away from the grind a bit to work on making a few tools. While steel is a man made product, I was paying closer attention to its behavior under pressure and heat so I could better shape it to what I desired. Images of various processes that shape the more beautiful aspects of nature came to mind, such as undersea volcanos erupting to form islands or a river cutting into stone to create a valley. I felt more patient than usual, knowing that things will fall into space with a little time and constant effort.

Gaia might be a good spirit to approach if one has trouble with lusting for results.

5 Likes

Gaia Day 2

Began the meditation as I did yesterday. Upon repeating the phrase “Hio Gaia”, I visualized my legs turning into roots and digging deep into the earth, drawing from ground water. I felt my back ease against a boulder as it became wooden, climbing up. The rest of my body became a tree (possibly olive based on the leaves), the stone where my “roots” and “trunk” touches broke away and formed a hand that held my body.

I thanked her, made my petition (same as yesterday, and dismissed her. Feeling relaxed and centered now.

3 Likes

Reflections and Gaia Day 3

I have been a bit calmer since I have began to work with Gaia and felt more grounded. I spent last night reflecting on the relationship between humanity and nature. Human civilization would have been impossible if we did not learn how to culivate plants and animals. Much of the knowledge of agriculture came from centuries of learning what conditions were necessary to produce the greatest yield. While we celebrate ourselves for our achievements, it came from learning from how to observe from nature. We are students who went beyond what our mentor.

At the same time, our relationship with nature has often not been kind. Attacks from wildlife, starvation, exposure to the elements, storms/natural survival. Not to mention the long history of humans making the trade with the earth of flesh and breath in exchange for a paycheck if we include the mining industry. If Gaia is the embodiment of the earth and nature, I don’t really see the strictly mother depiction that is common, but the teacher that allows the students to find the answers for themselves. And our bodies cannot always deal with the consquences of not learning.

Meditation today followed the same lines of yestersay, except not really many rituals. I made my petition for aid in learning and gaining foresight, as she once was associated with prochecy at Delhi before Apollo. Feeling calm.

3 Likes

Gaia Day 4

For this session, I came to gaia with a goal in mind, as a family friend of mine has been dealing with bad dental pain and blockages that pervents dental services due to lack of insurance. The meditation went the similar fashion as the others, with my body becoming one with the deetruftive and creative aspects of the earth. I made my petition for guidance and aid in the healing process.

I began with visualizing the target before me. I broke the image down into layers of the body, visualizing the infection and their immune system fighting it. I visualized directing my energy to strengthen the white blood cells as they devoured the bacteria, watching it being eliminated.

I shifted my focus to their mouthwash and pictured some relaxing imagery of waterfalls I saw while in the smokey mountains, bringing up the feelings of calm and peace. I saw the emotions and images dissolve into the fluid with the intention of easing pain and tension when it is used.

Finally, I reconstructed the image of the body back to being whole and shifted my focus to their mind, visualizing the blockages form like a map. I visualized “cutting” away blockages to personal things I have no business sharing here. I then visualized a scene of them getting approved for dental insurance and getting treated by a dentist being attached by a thread. I pulled it towards my friend and tied it to them, fusing the two together.

I allowed the imagery to fade and thanked Gaia as her presence faded. I ended the session by sending my friend resources to get insurance and a dentist. It definitely is a mundane issue, but a little magic can always help.

Also, the thought of creating a sigil for Gaia using a venus Kamea came to mind, so that will be my next project.

5 Likes

Results

So, while the results came quickly, it was not exactly as i expected it. Instead of the individual getting insurance quickly, they had access to a much bigger paycheck than usual so they had the free money to take care of what was needed while still covering other expenses (and hence reducing stress and tension). The pain is not as severe and at a tolerable rate, and they pointed out that it is especially after using their mouthwash. They have follow up appointments to further take care of the issue.

While there is still time to wait on the insurance aspect, I would still say this was a success, as the overall goal was to help my friend heal.

4 Likes

Gaia Day 5

Meditation today involved the same chant as the others. The visuals this time did not begin until I stated my petition this time, which was asking for guidance with protection. I saw my feet dip into the mantle of the earth, becoming hardened stone from the heat and pressure. As I felt my gaze move up, I saw my body shift and grow as it formed into a mountain. I felt the sheer weight and strudiness of the form, like I was becoming unshakeable from the shapeshifting.

A voice spoke and said that every attack has the purpose of moving an “obstacle”. They advise that one way to protect oneself if one cannot be unnoticeable is to make themselves too large and heavy to “move”. Afterall, even predators flee when they are out matched.

I thanked and then dismissed her

2 Likes

Gaia Day 6

So the results from yesterday was that the people who normally gove my night grief kept their distance from me. I was left to get both my work and most of my personal projecrs for the night done. So I consider the mountain shapeshifting technique a success.

For this meditation, I used the same chant. The imagery of my body being wrapped in magna that shifted my skin to stone so lichens grew on it returned, although more vivid. I could smell the hot stone and the shift into one of mossy earth. I thanked her for her aid not only with my friend but with the protection. All i asked for this time is opportunities to understand more. I thanked and dismissed her.

Feeling calm and relaxed.

2 Likes

Gaia Day 7

The results from yesterday would be considered to be subtle. No gnosis on gaia herself but I did have opportunities to work on something I have become very passionate about, which is working with various metals. I like in particular to shape scrap metal into tools to further improve my work. Although my last tool prove to be a little dangerous, as I got a fairly nast cut from a piece of wire I was shaping into a compression spring as a component for another project. May sound pretty mundane, but it was a lesson of both the need to he slightly more careful and on the behavor of the type of metal I was working on for future projects.

The mediation today pretty much went the same as the previous few days. The energy during the shift has been a combination of calming but also intense. It is the kind of feeling you have when you decide to face a challenge and are completely confident in yourself. I petitioned for more aid understanding how to work with various materials and in finding nuggets of wisdom below the surface of every day life.

Gaia Day 8

This was an interesting experience. The meditation started off as it normally has, although the imagery shifted suddenly. I got the imagery of falling into the earth and into a pool of magma, feeling the sinking feeling in my gut and the “impact”. I watched my body burned and melt away, breaking me down until I was an orb of light that was my consciousness. The magma began to recede and a new body formed from the cooling material. I grabbed the rocky side of the pit and climbed up, steam rolling off as rain began to come down. I forced myself up and out of the hole, laying in the mud in exhaustion. I could smell the earth and the rain as the imagery faded. I heard a woman’s voice say “welcome” as I came back to reality.

Feeling pretty tired overall, but also waves of tingling throighout my body. It is a pleasant feeling.

1 Like

Gaia Day 9

Began the mediation with the same phrase. The imagery opened up to me walking into a cave, deep into the earth. I rest my back against the wall of a deep chamber and watched my legs begin to fuse and shift into stone. My consciousness shifted as my body sank into the earth. I became “aware” of my body becoming part of the earth’s features: my bones and eyes became the mountains, my skin the plains, the hair on my skin the plants, and the idea of the fossils of the earth being my tattoos, illustrations of the story of the earth. It was a very…sensual(?) experience.

I asked Gaia for advice on life in general and she answered with “slow your growth so your roots may be strong enough for the weight”. I also asked about a titan whose name has been popping in my head (Typhon) and she confirmed that he was calling, but it was my choice when to answer. I will finishing my work with Gaia and then Hekate before working with Typhon, as I will need to go beyond the book to do so, as he was not mentioned.

1 Like

Gaia Day 10

So, today I decided to experiment. Doing a little bit of research on how the Ancient Greeks honored Gaia, I found another name they referred her as. It was Anesidora, which translated to “Giver of Gifts”. So, for today, I decided to use that name in the chant as opposed to Gaia.

The visuals were more…localised(?) than the others. Images of dissolving into fields I see on the daily came to mind, becoming the black soil that grows the crops. I saw the corn grow from my “body” and had a sense of having more than enough in terms of material things. That it was all there for the picking and all I have to do is pick it. I also felt the joy I feel when I share experiences with others.

I sent a petition for continued bountifulness so I may continue to be able to share with those I care about.

I get the impression that if one is looking to work with Gaia for wealth (however you define it) or fertility in terms of growing plants, it may be helpful using this name to help focus the intention.

1 Like

Gaia Day 11

I decided to repeat my pervious experiment. As I chanted and slipped into the trance, i felt the sensation of floating on my back. I visualized looking up at a starty sky as I sank into the soil. I could see lines of energy traveling across. Call them leylines or what now, but I branched out streams of energy. They intertwined with extrenal ones, forming loose knots and were “pulled” into my back, forming a connection to draw power from. I got the impression that this can also be used as an avenue for releasing energy when I began working with the other titans later one. These were “roots” for me rely on when things get shakey.

I thanked gaia for the experience and dismissed her.

Gaia Day 12

Not much visuals for this session. Meditated using the similiar method as before and petitoned for advice with some issues that i am mauling over. I felt a wave of calmness wash over me, easing my mind a bit. Always something that is welcomed.

1 Like