Time, perception and how tarot (may) work

I want to hear your thoughts on this, guys.

So, for some time now I’ve been founding hints of a certain idea: time isn’t linear, but more like a splash, where everything is happening at once, probably from the big bang to the enthropy at the end of everything.

I suspect people like Alan Moore may have had some type of experience, experimenting this in some way. Morrison said he has actually experienced it… but he used to take a lot of drugs, so I’m taking it with a pinch of salt. There are many others if you look for them.

The general idea is that our consciousness fixes in what we call present and move from our birth towards our death as a way to not get fried by all the information at once. You can imagine it as a comic book page, where you read one panel at the time but can always skip from the first to the last without reading those in the middle or chonological middle.

So, if this is true, that may be the reason tarot (and any other form of divination, yes) works. That being said, it may be the reason there is such things as reality editing. According to this concept, someone who can edit reality could use divination in panel one of the metaphore, see panel nine to discover they have an accident in panel 4, where they lost a limb (so, a prophecy?). With reality editing, they re-draw their limb in panel five, so they never lost it in the first place. And relity then would have to fix itself around this new fact. Maybe this is something that’s happening all the time, with or without magic.

Sooooo, what do you think, nice people? I’m really interested in your thoughts about this.

4 Likes

Btw your theory makes lot of sense to me.

Edit:I don’t know if anyone have experienced this but,I feel like with every card we pulled and what it will represent makes it much more probable than its probability actually was.

1 Like

I’m more and more convinced that a more appropiate name for magic, nowadays, would be “reality hacking”. Oh, well, it sounds pretentious and pompous, but also cooler :wink:

4 Likes

Have you ever read that book Multidimensional Magick? You would love it.Also have you read guys like Robert Anton Wilson? :smiley: I will love this thread seriously.

1 Like

No, but I’m taking note. I’ll read as soon as I can. Thanks!

1 Like

Not that I follow the idea that everything is happening at the same time but when people do tarot for future and given the future is not set it opens a door to possible futures that haven’t happened yet but the means of where it can go or currently going based on the individuals current choices and train of thought in regards to those choices. Although manifestation could be seen as “reality hacking” but I don’t know since you’re manifesting something that is within the window of possibility at the current time.

2 Likes

I’ve often thought of time more like an infinite ocean. Kind of a quantum sea if you will, where your “time line” is just one of an infinite amount of currents. This allows for strange concepts though. Two people standing next to each other could be living in completely different times, one in 2020 and the other 2012. Meanwhile there would be an infinite amount of currents that pertain to the self and the person standing next to them.
Then again pretty much any version of time has to be looked at from a quantum perspective and in comes superposition. If you are in any one version of time then at the quantum level you are in them all. Really it’s all rather confounding.

2 Likes

There is no time right , every possibility scenario and life exists in the quantum field at different frequencies correct

Not necessarily. Superposition is a difficult concept. It would imply that all time is happening simultaneously, but only at the quantum level. At the physical level you would only be subject to (X) amount of that time. I say it’s confounding primarily because superposition allows for things that don’t really make sense logically. For instance at the quantum level an object can both exist and not exist at the same time. So even time itself could be in a constant state of flux between existence and non existence.

1 Like

The world is one paradoxical puzzle with the same patterns repeating lol